Why is the offense so slow?

1 minute ago, PS17 said:

Unfortunately Rodgers is able to pull rank over the entire coaching staff so if Ulbrich or Downing or his lap dog Hackett so much as suggest that he speed it up, they’d be told to f*ck off. 

Reminds me of that old Twilight Zone episode where the kid controls everything with his mind and all the adults walk on eggshells in abject fear to appease him at all times. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

Just now, jgb said:

Reminds me of that old Twilight Zone episode where the kid controls everything with his mind and all the adults walk on eggshells in abject fear to appease him at all times. 

I think @Bugg was onto this a week or two ago. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

Rhetorical question. Rodgers is the reason. I think we burned four or five of our six timeouts yesterday on the play clock going down to zero. Why is grandpa unable to EVER speed up the offense and get plays off? Also, god forbid we ever go quick/no huddle and keep a reeling defense on their heels. 
Even down multiple scores the last couple years, not only Rodgers... no sense of urgency ever... if we start the second half in the hurry up, just to mix it up... maybe we don't go 3 and out

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

Just now, frankiepapa said:

Even down multiple scores the last couple years, not only Rodgers... no sense of urgency ever... if we start the second half in the hurry up, just to mix it up... maybe we don't go 3 and out

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

It’s such an archaic way to run an offense. The modern game is predicated on speed, movement, fast pace. This offense does none of that. Prime Rodgers and Adams were able to get away with it but they’re both shells of themselves with a poor offensive coaching staff to boot. 

• Upvote 2

It is torturous to watch and inexplicable to understand.  Our offensive coaching staff has to rank at the bottom of the NFL in competency.  Three TOs in the first quarter has to be unprecedented.  A delay of game on a critical 2 point attempt I can't recall ever seeing.  It is truly putrid.   

• Upvote 3

55 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

The same reason old people drive slow:  They're using all of their mental faculties just to handle the one task at hand.

Define "old people" because it pisses me off to no end having an asshat driving at 30 mph in the left lane on the Cross island stopway in front of me. I'm 62.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, bitonti said:

that's exactly how the 2023 season started/ended 

The bill of false goods we were sold was that the jets roster got much better quicker than they thought and just needed a veteran qb to run the offense.  I thought rodgers would be a competent game manager who would minimize the turnovers that plagued the zach wilson regime.  Then you have these bonehead plays, like the int right before the half in the Steelers game, where he looked like an arrogant rookie trying to force a ball into a spot where there was no reason or opening.  That’s not what this team needed.  

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

The same reason old people drive slow:  They're using all of their mental faculties just to handle the one task at hand.

60 is the new 40.  40 is very old to play QB in the NFL.  

• Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, bitonti said:

It's everyone else's fault that Rodgers threw it off the back of Tyron Smith 

Fresh Off The Boat Smh GIF

Rodgers is a middle-aged meth head who still has the same confidence and attitude from when she was a vibrant, perfect 10 in her youth. 

• Haha 1