What are u listening to right now?

Remember seeing this video at 4am on a Friday night (was the only time they'd air metal videos over here) back in 89 and was blown away. Went out and bought the tape the next day, and over the years I ended up seeing the band a few times on both sides of the Atlantic, The singer, Mike Howe, met him a couple of times too, genuinely nice guy, had loads of time for everyone. Sadly killed himself a couple of days ago, aged 55. RIP.

18 hours ago, Larz said:

Do yourself a favor.  Put aside 7 minutes to give this your full attention.  It’s a rare song that grabs you from the first chord, like whoa this is going to be good.  Jaw dropping.  Mesmerizing.  chills. 

I hesitantly clicked play because I saw the AGT logo and now I'm whipping my face off from all the tears that were flowing during that performance. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, munchmemory said:

@southparkcpa This one just showed up on my YT recommendations.   Nice playing all around.  And I gotta believe you're a fan of Jeff Berlin as a bassist.

Yes....   have seen his stuff.  Interesting piece. At about 3:50 in, they start to syncopate and it is VERY easy to lose your time.  They then return to a better 4/4 feel BUT Ive never been a fan of these "talented" guys losing the bottom.  Try to tap your foot/cout off in 4/4  from about 3:45 for for about a minute or so.  EASY to get lost.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, munchmemory said:

Heard this last night, and was kinda pissed.AC/DC: we're all going to hell, and it's gonna be f__in' great! The AC/DC original is basically a total party, a rock out balls to the wall metal masterpiece.

And these guys get together and turn it into something like Springsteen's various faux country things like "Tom Joad" or "Nebraska", like they're judging ; this is bad. You guys are going to Hell. Are we in church?

Springsteen is nowhere as good as Bon Scott. I did not hear Eddie Vedder at all. And on the occasions Vedder has guested(did a mess of shows with The Who when the did "Quadraphenia"tours, terrific), it's always a plus.Instead they put Sprinsgteen's voice on the top. 

And worse it's a pale imitation of AC/DC. The Youngs are getting a royalty, so good for them. 

Tom Morello has his following,but I've never understood why.It's never fun,and this isn't.  To each his own. What are they raging at ? What is the Machine? 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

13 hours ago, Bugg said:

Heard this last night, and was kinda pissed.AC/DC: we're all going to hell, and it's gonna be f__in' great! The AC/DC original is basically a total party, a rock out balls to the wall metal masterpiece.

And these guys get together and turn it into something like Springsteen's various faux country things like "Tom Joad" or "Nebraska", like they're judging ; this is bad. You guys are going to Hell. Are we in church?

Springsteen is nowhere as good as Bon Scott. I did not hear Eddie Vedder at all. And on the occasions Vedder has guested(did a mess of shows with The Who when the did "Quadraphenia"tours, terrific), it's always a plus.Instead they put Sprinsgteen's voice on the top. 

And worse it's a pale imitation of AC/DC. The Youngs are getting a royalty, so good for them. 

Tom Morello has his following,but I've never understood why.It's never fun,and this isn't.  To each his own. What are they raging at ? What is the Machine? 

Yeah, I don't disagree with you, Bugg.   I was going to write a light critique of the version, but decided to just let it fly and see what folks thought.  Never my favorite, putting Springsteen's vocals out front--especially at his age--seems silly, especially as you point out Eddie Vedder was available.  Also a bit disappointed with Morello's lead on the track.   Guess I was expecting something a bit more incendiary, like Angus' original.

Generally, I hate covers of masterpieces like "Highway to Hell".   No one can possibly copy the heat/high energy coming out of Angus and Malcom's rigs.  Those Marshall Plexi heads are pushing unbelievable gain and power.  I think they may have all been floored when they played back the track back in 1979.  This one pales in comparison.

EDIT:  Corrected my original post.  No idea why I wrote "Back in Black".   Maybe the meds?  Beginnings of dementia?