Titans | V. Young lands Madden '08 cover

Smizzy

Titans | V. Young lands Madden '08 cover

Published Mon Apr 16 11:29:00 p.m. ET 2007

(KFFL) Terry McCormick, of the Nashville City Paper, reports Tennessee Titans QB Vince Young will appear on the cover of EA Sports Madden 2008 video game. A source with knowledge of the situation confirmed Young would be on the cover. An official announcement is expected Tuesday, April 17.

Id pass.

From Gary at Jetscentral.....

Madden 1999 - Garrison Hearst graces the cover. After leading the San Francisco 49ers to the playoffs, Hearst suffers a bad ankle sprain in the first play of the playoffs.

Madden 2000 - Barry Sanders pictured on the cover with John Madden. Sanders abruptly retires a week before training camp.

Madden 2001 - Eddie George is given the opportunity to be on the cover. George followed it up with season lows that season.

Madden 2002 - Daunte Culpepper is the next to be on the cover, and suffers a season ending knee injury. 4 Years later he was signed by the Miami Dolphins, like the knee wasn

Who ever said EA picks the best player to put on the cover???

From a marketing standpoint it is a good choice, they got the young hyped up QB.

They arent in the business of proclaiming the best players at a position... they want to sell games... they pick a player that has universal apeal... people that arent even Titans fans love this guy, and considering he is "vick like" he will be a great QB to use in the game, maybe even the best...

if it were up to half the Jets fans around here and with what I posted above,I'm sure there are a lot of people wishing it were Chad this year

What? SoFla, I have no idea what you are talking about brotha.;-)

Who ever said EA picks the best player to put on the cover???

From a marketing standpoint it is a good choice, they got the young hyped up QB.

They arent in the business of proclaiming the best players at a position... they want to sell games... they pick a player that has universal apeal... people that arent even Titans fans love this guy, and considering he is "vick like" he will be a great QB to use in the game, maybe even the best...

You're telling me manning wouldn't be a good selling point? hmm...

i do agree young is good from a marketing standpoint, but his team isn't too hot...i guess i would say manning would be the best bet. not to mention the curse would be helpful.

i do agree young is good from a marketing standpoint, but his team isn't too hot...i guess i would say manning would be the best bet. not to mention the curse would be helpful.

Manning is in enough commercials...he doesn't need to be in any more or promoting yet another product.

i'm not saying i want him, i'm just saying he's a better choice than young.

Not really for the game... look at what Vick has done to madden... he is one of the best players to use in the game.. while Peyton is good, you dont need the best passer in the game to complete passes...

Young is a perfect madden player/cover guy... fast... exciting... new...

Not really for the game... look at what Vick has done to madden... he is one of the best players to use in the game.. while Peyton is good, you dont need the best passer in the game to complete passes...

Young is a perfect madden player/cover guy... fast... exciting... new...

I hate you.

Good points, but i still can't stand Vick, and refuse to use him in any of the games. But i definatly see your point, i always draft J. Mcown, Seneca Wallace, Boller, or M. McMahon, they are money QB's in madden, and mobile as hell.

I just don't like scrambling QB's as a general rule in legitament games...

last point. Having won the super bowl, i also think manning would get some extra publicity for their 08 game.

Donavan is the most injury prone player in the nfl.

eh......i'm gonna disagree with u on that one. the most injure proned player in the NFL is david boston. considering he had such potential being a 1st rder out of OSU. he's missed 38 games in the past 4 seasons blowing out his knee yet again in mini camps of TB.....and hasn't been able to get his footing since the 2001 season

You should be celebrating. Vince Young is going to get the Madden curse next year which means he won't be embarassing you for one year.

And you should be thrilled since this gives you an excuse whenever Young never turns into a real QB.

"We don't believe in no jinx,'' Young's agent, Major Adams, told The Tenneseean.

When I read that I was like "his agent actually spoke this way?" and then I realized it was the major adams guy who I believe is part of the original VY posse.

Archived