Same thing every year

nj meadowlands

Sox jump out to an early start, beat up on the Yankees a little. All the chowderheads get excited, this is the year this is the year. And then they implode 3 months later.

tick... tick?

I AGREE, especially this series, they caught the Yankees at the right time with the SP Staff in shambles, having to feed them Jeff Karstens and Chase Wright as a sacrificial lambs at Fenway Park

Let's be honest, Beckett and Dice Vs Karstens and Wright is a mismatch ... Karstens and Wright would be at AAA if not for some early injuries to the starting staff

That's no excuse for last night, they beat our best when they beat Mariano Rivera, but these next two should be gimmies for the Red Sox, Karstens and Wright are minor leaguers and they're supposed to beat them to a pulp

That changes next week when Wang and Mussina return, then it's a fair fight and one I believe the Yankees will win, especially if we add Clemens to the mix as I suspect we will

I AGREE, especially this series, they caught the Yankees at the right time with the SP Staff in shambles, having to feed them Jeff Karstens and Chase Wright as a sacrificial lambs at Fenway Park

Let's be honest, Beckett and Dice Vs Karstens and Wright is a mismatch ... Karstens and Wright would be at AAA if not for some early injuries to the starting staff

That's no excuse for last night, they beat our best when they beat Mariano Rivera, but these next two should be gimmies for the Red Sox, Karstens and Wright are minor leaguers and they're supposed to beat them to a pulp

That changes next week when Wang and Mussina return, then it's a fair fight and one I believe the Yankees will win, especially if we add Clemens to the mix as I suspect we will

That is funny.

Didn't your bullpen with over 2000 career appearances blow the game last night? Thought so.

Your team costs 195 million dollars. Your right to whine goes away when you top 100 million.

Coulda shoulda woulda...your team lost.

That is funny.

Didn't your bullpen with over 2000 career appearances blow the game last night? Thought so.

I thought I said that's no excuse for last nite, when you beat Mariano you beat our best, but I guess some folks only read what they choose to read

With that, if you think beating Jeff Karstens {who will be back in the minors where he belongs as soon as Mussina and Wang return} is a big accomplishment, well congratulations on the big win

I hate to say it, but even with wang and moose back the yankees rotation is average at best.

Even if that was true, Arsis, it would still be a huge upgrade over the likes of Jeff Karstens, Darrell Rasner, etc .. these kids flatout suck .. they don't even belong in the major leagues

I knew Karstens would get absolutely hammered at Fenway, I'm not even the least bit surprised, feeding Jeff Karstens to the Red Sox is like feeding a lamb to the slaughter .. the modern day version of feeding the Christians to the lions

Even if that was true, Arsis, it would still be a huge upgrade over the likes of Jeff Karstens, Darrell Rasner, etc .. these kids flatout suck .. they don't even belong in the major leagues

I knew Karstens would get absolutely hammered at Fenway, I'm not even the least bit surprised, feeding Jeff Karstens to the Red Sox is like feeding a lamb to the slaughter .. the modern day version of feeding the Christians to the lions

Very true, I just hope the janks sign clemmens sometime soon

The starting pitching for both teams are under achieving in this series. The good thing is, the Yanks have AAA pitching right now. Schilling and Beckett didn't scare me. I have a feeling Dice-K will change that.

The real difference maker comes from the Red Sox bullpen. Okajima really caught the Yanks off-guard in both games. That is some funky delivery he has.

Karstens looked good last season and needed another tune-up start coming off injury before throwing him to the wolves by making yesterdays start.

I think Chase Wright will fair better today but the "Yankees have good young pitching" hysteria has ran into a bit of a wall so far.

sawx fans really make me laugh. They come on here and talk sh*t about their april wins. Then we all know who wins the division every year and who gets lucky enough to get the wildcard or finishes 3rd. The red sucks rotation isnt that good. beckett and schilling both pitched like sh*t and friday all you had was once big inning on Viscaino. You guys didn't even beat Mo. He came in with 1 out and a man on 1st and 3rd. Torre mismanaged that situation. Mo's spot is with a save situation in the 9th inning. That's every closers spot. Torre messed up on friday.

Just wait until Mussina & Wang are back and the Red Sox and their fans will be singing another tune.

The Yankees are throwing Karstens and Wright out there while Boston sends our their best three. When both pitching staffs are healthy and ready to go, you will see Boston collapse as always.

Like Mike said, it's not like the Yankees arent hitting. They rocked Schilling and knocked around Beckett. Karstens just sucks.

Which is undeniably their strength, so if the Sox staff sucks as bad as you say, then that is par for the course. Right?

Cannot have it both ways. For 200 million, maybe the GM needs to find more then a 390K option. AFter kicking the Sox ass last year in 5 straight, they could have sent a huge message this series, but did not.

Like Mike said, it's not like the Yankees arent hitting. They rocked Schilling and knocked around Beckett. Karstens just sucks.

"They" didn't rock Schilling. A-Rod did. He's rocking everybody right now.

Which is undeniably their strength, so if the Sox staff sucks as bad as you say, then that is par for the course. Right?

Cannot have it both ways. For 200 million, maybe the GM needs to find more then a 390K option. AFter kicking the Sox ass last year in 5 straight, they could have sent a huge message this series, but did not.

This is a meaningless April series. Is it better to win than lose? Of course. But this series will have no long reaching effects like when the yankees ended boston's season last year.

This is a meaningless April series. Is it better to win than lose? Of course. But this series will have no long reaching effects like when the yankees ended boston's season last year.

Can you see the forrest for the trees? I think not.

You give the answer, but as usual miss the point.

For several years, the Sox and Yankees had been going toe to toe as peers. Last year, the Yanks beat the Sox ass. Including winning 7 straight at Fenway before Friday night.

An under staffed Yankees coming in and beating the Sox would have been hard to overcome.

Can you see the forrest for the trees? I think not.

You give the answer, but as usual miss the point.

For several years, the Sox and Yankees had been going toe to toe as peers. Last year, the Yanks beat the Sox ass. Including winning 7 straight at Fenway before Friday night.

An under staffed Yankees coming in and beating the Sox would have been hard to overcome.

No it wouldn't have. If Boston had gotten swept in this series it would have the same effect as the yankees getting swept if they lose tonight, hardly any for the long term.

No it wouldn't have. If Boston had gotten swept in this series it would have the same effect as the yankees getting swept if they lose tonight, hardly any for the long term.

Have you ever coached a team? Or lead anything?

A team that is less then 8-9 months removed watching their season go down the toilet in a rather embarassing fashion needs to beat a team that is less then 100%. The Yankees can shrug this off because they are injured. If the Sox were to lose the series to a team that is hurt and after getting blasted last year, would not be shrugging it off.

Have you ever coached a team? Or lead anything?

A team that is less then 8-9 months removed watching their season go down the toilet in a rather embarassing fashion needs to beat a team that is less then 100%. The Yankees can shrug this off because they are injured. If the Sox were to lose the series to a team that is hurt and after getting blasted last year, would not be shrugging it off.

If thats true than boston is a very mentally weak team. Games in april are just that.

• 3 weeks later...
Just wait until Mussina & Wang are back and the Red Sox and their fans will be singing another tune.

The Yankees are throwing Karstens and Wright out there while Boston sends our their best three. When both pitching staffs are healthy and ready to go, you will see Boston collapse as always.

Well, they're back. How's Wang doing?

His peripherals are finally catching up to him.

Archived