The Anti-Greg Olsen Thread (merged 2X)

MasonJet

wait and see how he impacts the offense before losing my mind. I have faith in the FO and util they have a draft with too many failures (all teams make bad picks) I'm not going to complain. I may not be thrilled..but I'll wait and see.

if we pick olsen, ill pick up my tv and throw it out the window

Is is a nice TV? If it's a first-story window, give me your address and I'll take my chances.

Since when does everyone know more than the people doing the drafting? If the Jets take Olsen, so be it. He will help our team immensely. If the Jets go in another direction, so be it. The bottom line is, I have complete faith in whomever the Jets select.

Just because other coaches and other front offices drafted Mitchell, Brady, Becht, and traded for Jolley, it means absolutely ZERO today. You can't let the past dictate the present. Olsen won't be a bust just because of what happened back in the day.

That is all. Happy draft day everybody!

LOL...I actually am old enough to remember what Newark looked like in the summer of 68 after MLK Jr. was assinated....hey we got 124 out on LI ready with the torches and Malitov c0cktails in the trunk of his car

Watch out

You might get what youre after

Cool babies

Strange but not a stranger

Im an ordinary guy

Burning down the house

Hold tight wait till the partys over

Hold tight were in for nasty weather

There has got to be a way

Burning down the house

Heres your ticket pack your bag: time for jumpin overboard

The transportation is here

Close enough but not too far, maybe you know where you are

Fightin fire with fire

All wet

Hey you might need a raincoat

Shakedown

Dreams walking in broad daylight

Three hun-dred six-ty five de-grees

Burning down the house

It was once upon a place sometimes I listen to myself

Gonna come in first place

People on their way to work baby what did you except

Gonna burst into flame

My house

Sout of the ordinary

Thats might

Dont want to hurt nobody

Some things sure can sweep me off my feet

Burning down the house

No visible means of support and you have not seen nuthin yet

Everythings stuck together

I dont know what you expect starring into the tv set

Fighting fire with fire

Jetcane

NYC

vCash: 5000

Quote:

Originally Posted by 4HCrew

I know the subject has been beaten to death but what is your true opinion on Olsen? would you be happy if he was the Jets 1st round pick? I am not truly a fan of his as he is one dimensional at best and feel Baker can do the same job, it comes down to the QB. But as the resident "U" fan what are you final words prior to the draft?

JC.......

One of the things I mentioned previously, as far back as several weeks ago, is that it is more difficult to guage and evaluate the offensive players coming out of Miami lately, because the coaching and player development has been so poor.

I do not think Olsen is as good as Shockey, nor was he as good a college player as Winslow. I thought he played soft and is not a very good blocker. Due to those two fundamental deficiencies, I would not like to see the Jets draft him. He is a decent receiver for a TE, but again, he doesnt have the will to fight for the ball that guys like Shockey and Winslow demonstrated.

I also questioned his transfer from ND to Miami after his brother lost out on the starting job to Quinn and he then transferred to UVA (I believe it was UVA). I have not seen Olsen perform well under adversity.

The defensive players are easier to evaluate, since they had better coaching.

Beason is solid, but not a superstar, maybe a step below DJ Williams. Merriweather missed some easy tackles last season, but overall is a good player. He isnt really fast enough to think about playing CB. I like DE Baraka Atkins as a late round sleeper. And btw, the guy who was supposed to replace Merriweather next season at S- Reddick-tore up a knee this week and is out for the season.

How about if we pick him you give him a f##king chance to prove he was worth it?

I bet more than half of the people that will be pissed as hell if we take Olsen have never even seen the kid play or dont know anything about him except scouting reports you read online.

How about if we pick him you give him a f##king chance to prove he was worth it?

I bet more than half of the people that will be pissed as hell if we take Olsen have never even seen the kid play or dont know anything about him except scouting reports you read online.

That's a great point, and it applies to a lot of players. I really dont have a clear image in my mind of seeing blalock play at UT, as well as a lot of other players in today's draft- and as you know, i do watch a lot of CFB. But i have seen Russell play throughout his career, and all I can say is he is fortunate that he got hot towards the end of the season and had a big bowl game against a weak defense. He may turn out to be way overrated.

I just hope he gets taken before we make our choice so the decision is made FOR us.

Either way, I believe Mangini will make the right choice for the right reasons. If he takes Olsen, then clearly he has confidence in who we have at other positions supposedly "in need".

Personally, I think TE's in round 1 are a luxury pick that few teams can afford.

Archived