Randy Moss Traded to the Patriots (Merged 6X)

Lil Bit Special

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Corey Dillon's pre-Pat problems make him seem like Miss Manners compared to Moss.

Very true. I was one of the few that saw Dillon signing as a plus. Moss is more of a nut job and his on field transgressions are much worse then Dillon's.

If what Len Pasquareli said is true in his article, that Randy wants a title, his motivation coupled with the Patriots' veteran leadership makes this less risky.

SUPREBOWL

PATS VS 49ERS..

WINNER : 49ERS

I think you could of thought about that..

49ers over achieved last year, they are going to secure the Patriots a Top 15 pick. Maybe then the Patriots draft a LBer.

The move worries me greatly. Randy Moss plays undeniably well when his team is winning. I don't expect the Patriots to lose like he did in Minnesota and Oakland. This is a scary situation in my opinion, let's hope Dyson is ready.

I am interested to see Moss and Belicheck on the same sideline. That should be something..of course Moss is nowhere near as bad as TO but still Moss has a pretty big ego.

No way man..can't wish injuries on another team no matter how bad you hate them...if the Jets are to win the division we need to beat the Pats fair and square

Moss will be fine if the pats are winning, he's really just a sore loser which ain't that bad in a competitor.

Very good offseason, can't dispute that.

Moss to the Pats is like Daunte to the Dolphins. Nice player years ago, but hasn't done anything lately.

It will be fun to see the first time Moss doesn't run the full play or block.

BZ

Exactly.. over hyped and will not perform...

Corey Dillon seemed to straighten out when he got to NE, so I'll give Moss a shot at doing the same, even though him doing so is not good for the Jets.

Moss has alot longer distance to travel though.

Everyone is saying Moss didn't play his hardest in Oakland, what if he did and he is just washed up? What if NE is betting on this guy living up to his past and he just can't do it. If they're getting the old Randy Moss and can keep him happy it's a good move, but if they get the lazy malcontent who is washed up and living off of a reputation, then the pats are gonna be disappointed.

Corey Dillon seemed to straighten out when he got to NE, so I'll give Moss a shot at doing the same, even though him doing so is not good for the Jets.

Huh? Corey Dillion was mad at the organization he played for. He went out every Sunday and played just as hard as anybody on that field. Randy Moss walks off the field before the game is over....He quits on his team and is a loud mouth team cancer. Never plays the entire game and has his head up his ass.

Comparing him to Corey Dillion is a joke.

Take off the homer glasses some of you.

Moss to New England is nothing like Daunte to Miami.

Daunte had what it looks to be a career ending injury while Moss was stuck in an offensive system with guys like Kerry Collins, Aaron Brooks and Andrew Walter throwing him the ball, the 50% of the time they actually got to drop back and then throw the ball.

Randy Moss ran a 4.29 40, yeah, hes lost speed.:character42:

There are enough high character guys in New England to say F-U to him, much like they did to Cox, Dillon and Washington.

If he doesn't pan out, who cares? It was a 4th round pick and they have great depth there already. New England made a ballsy move that will most likely prove to be a great move for them because it looks as if Moss is concerned with one thing and one thing only:

Winning an NFL Championship.

Oh, and he will win one in 2007, in New England.

Moss also has been prone to nagging injuries his entire career and now that he is older they have been happening more often...

The guy did not miss a game his first 6 games and has missed 3 each in two of the last three seasons.

Did he malinger on the Rai-duhs? Yeah, probably, but look at who was throwing to him.

If he is introduced in Game 1 at Giants Stadium, he will be a decent pick-up. If he is not, he will probably be gone like Jonathan Sullivan last year. He conforms or he is unemployed.

Take off the homer glasses some of you.

Moss to New England is nothing like Daunte to Miami.

Daunte had what it looks to be a career ending injury while Moss was stuck in an offensive system with guys like Kerry Collins, Aaron Brooks and Andrew Walter throwing him the ball, the 50% of the time they actually got to drop back and then throw the ball.

Randy Moss ran a 4.29 40, yeah, hes lost speed.:character42:

There are enough high character guys in New England to say F-U to him, much like they did to Cox, Dillon and Washington.

If he doesn't pan out, who cares? It was a 4th round pick and they have great depth there already. New England made a ballsy move that will most likely prove to be a great move for them because it looks as if Moss is concerned with one thing and one thing only:

Winning an NFL Championship.

Oh, and he will win one in 2007, in New England.

So...because Oakland sucks ass Moss is now determined to Win a championship? Funny...He hasn't given a **** about a ring his entire career. He wanted out of Minny....He wanted out of Oakland....He has been arrested for assaulting a female police officer and he admits to smoking pot on a regular basis. He is injury prone.....a sore sport.....and a player who has admitted to only playing when he wants to.

Does that sound like a guy who's only concern is a championship? No...it sounds like a guy who will say anything to be where he wants to be and earning a paycheck.

So he doesn't give a **** about winning a ring because he wants out of Minnesota and Oakland, two places that when he was there, have gone nowhere close to winning a ring since 98? Riiiiight.

Randy Moss wants a ring and that is why he is joining an already AFC favorite and a team that has proven time and time again it can take in a problem, hush it up and win a championship with it.

Randy Moss and Donte Stallworth scare me, if they don't scare you, you're a foolish homer.

New England looks like it will win Super Bowl 42 at this point, if you don't think so, well, thats your problem.

Two factors that have largely been ignored on BOTH sides of the argument:

1) The price given for Moss. A 4th rounder is NOTHING to the Patriots right now, who have had and still have plenty of picks today and many more next season if this does not work out. This is a low risk, high reward move. Even if Moss gets cut before week 1 for being a malcontent, it will not cripple New England.

2) The contract. Moss's current contract on the books could play a factor in making this deal be a NEGATIVE for the Pats. If Moss does indeed restructure, how much money will NE save? It had better be a lot, otherwise the Pats are giving up quite a large amount of cap room over the next 2 seasons.

It already has been said that that was part of the agreement of the deal that Moss would restructure. That part of the argument has already been resolved and once again shows that this was an excellent deal for New England.

So he doesn't give a **** about winning a ring because he wants out of Minnesota and Oakland, two places that when he was there, have gone nowhere close to winning a ring since 98? Riiiiight.

Randy Moss wants a ring and that is why he is joining an already AFC favorite and a team that has proven time and time again it can take in a problem, hush it up and win a championship with it.

Randy Moss and Donte Stallworth scare me, if they don't scare you, you're a foolish homer.

New England looks like it will win Super Bowl 42 at this point, if you don't think so, well, thats your problem.

Both Wr's are injury prone....Stallworth has underachieved his entire career. Moss is a team Cancer who hasn't played a full football game in 5 yrs.

If both can stay healthy and play every down ...then Ill worry...but nothing Ive seen over the last 5 yrs tells me that will happen. Both will miss games this yr with sore hammys this yr.

and once he lights it up in NE I cannot wait to see all of the posts that the Jets should have made a move for him.

Yeah - and those same guys will forget to mention that we don't have Brady to throw the ball to him. We might get a few YouTube links to old Marshall footage of Chad actually hitting Moss for 6 which will be equally laughable.

I think the guy's a scumbag and it's hard to change the spots on a leopard - but I fear he will change his attitude enough to survive in Beli's world and hurt us.

Two factors that have largely been ignored on BOTH sides of the argument:

1) The price given for Moss. A 4th rounder is NOTHING to the Patriots right now, who have had and still have plenty of picks today and many more next season if this does not work out. This is a low risk, high reward move. Even if Moss gets cut before week 1 for being a malcontent, it will not cripple New England.

2) The contract. Moss's current contract on the books could play a factor in making this deal be a NEGATIVE for the Pats. If Moss does indeed restructure, how much money will NE save? It had better be a lot, otherwise the Pats are giving up quite a large amount of cap room over the next 2 seasons.

Excellent points.

The second one especially. Like with Dillon, the player has to restructure in order to make the move. I would guess like with Dillon he restructures down to save money this season. Next year, he has a large salary that will need to be restructured or he is cut.

If Randy Moss can keep it together, he will be an asset.

However, the Pats have already said they will cut him the first time he screws up.

Also, the Boston media is going to chew him up and spit him out. He had better be on his best behavior, because one little comment can cause big problems.

Randy Moss has a lot of growing up to do. Will being around a team with a winning tradition help turn him around to be a good teammate? Doubt it.

Plus the Pats are going to test him to see if he can mentally handle the pressure... i expect he will be no more than a 3rd receiver until he proves to them that he is about the team and winning.

Pats better hire a few more public relations personnel to protect Randy.

Archived