Justin Miller Arrested: MERGED

BP

• Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I don't think he'll be convicted of anything, I meant to say it'll be 2 games at most unless he's actually convicted. It is a first offense so they probably wont go crazy. Tank spend 4 months in jail for parole violation on a gun charge and wasn't arrested. Goodell is only targeting people who repeatedly show disrespect for the game of football.

But Miller was a problem BEFORE he was drafted..he was a 1st round talent that fell to the 2nd round due to his off the field behavior at Clemson. I;m sure that will be weighed here. I've got nothing but love for Miller..he is one of the only game changer's on our team..but the reality is he will either be off the team and/or suspended. Just wondering what everyone else thought.

I don't think he'll be convicted of anything, I meant to say it'll be 2 games at most unless he's actually convicted. It is a first offense so they probably wont go crazy. Tank spend 4 months in jail for parole violation on a gun charge and wasn't arrested. Goodell is only targeting people who repeatedly show disrespect for the game of football.

Again, if convicted............

If Goodell want to set an example, Tank, Henry and Pacman are not the way. All three screwed up repeatedly. That will give the players the belief they have a few strikes ti burn before worrying.

You crush them on their first offense. Maybe the next time an NFL player finds himself in that situation, he walks away. That is what Goodell wants. 2 games? A joke. 8 games is time they cannot play and half his money.

:rolleyes:

Maybe, he was in a rush to meet Sooth for some pancakes?

I am sure at 4 in the morning when he left the club, he was thinking of Darrent Williams. :rolleyes:

He was thinking he just F'd up royally and was trying to save his ass.

Next time use a few more of these in your posts. I think 10 is the limit!

Next time use a few more of these in your posts. I think 10 is the limit!

:rolleyes::rolleyes:

:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Do not blame me for the limit. Max is the one that does not charge a membership fee.

But Miller was a problem BEFORE he was drafted..he was a 1st round talent that fell to the 2nd round due to his off the field behavior at Clemson.

after watching miller play for 2 seasons i can say that without a doubt he was not a 1st rd talent. beyond that, he is only a 2nd rd talent b/c he is one of hte best kick returners in the game. as a corner he is JAG at best.

he shouldn't be suspended for this incident. it is fairly minor in the whole scheme of things and it is a first offense.

The Jets dont make the playoffs without Justin Miller on KOs last year. He was amazing, led the league in KOR average, better than Hester even.

Just sayin.... be careful what you wish for if you're a Jets fan who wants Miller released.

Didn't he get arrested like the week before the '05 draft? Or he had some brush up with the law. Something at a house party. Can't remember what it was exactly. Or am I thinking of another player?

Yes that was him. Was arrested for disorderly conduct.

Didn't he get arrested like the week before the '05 draft? Or he had some brush up with the law. Something at a house party. Can't remember what it was exactly. Or am I thinking of another player?

That was Justin.

Am I sticking up for Miller? No, not really...

But anyone and everyone on this site who is talking down on him really needs to STFU untill you know what really happen.

Im sure everyone goes out once in a while to the clubs... I do all the time with my girl, if you dont get out at all... Well I think you should. Miller is a NFL player who is getting paid to do something that he loves. So what if he is "Famous" He never asked for it. So what if he went out to a damn club and was there till 4:00... He is living his life and you only live once. So what that he got into a fight... If your a damn grown man and never been in a fight, more power to you... But sometimes a man has to be a man and you have to stick up for yourself. Yea he hit a girl and that wrong, but did he mean to? No.

Ill tell you one thing, Justin went to the club looking to have a fun time... I bet my bottom dollar that he aint go to the club looking to fight, why would he? He has so many other things he can do. But at the same time I can bet my bottom dollar that he was in a club with some drunk who was jealous of him for what ever reason. Im sorry but in clubs... Sometimes a man has to do what a man has to do.

Everyone needs to stop and think, if not stfu... No1 knows what happen, not even myself. But I do know one thing... He did not go out and start a fight.

But at the same time I can bet my bottom dollar that he was in a club with some drunk who was jealous of him for what ever reason. Im sorry but in clubs... Sometimes a man has to do what a man has to do.

Everyone needs to stop and think, if not stfu... No1 knows what happen, not even myself. But I do know one thing... He did not go out and start a fight.

I'm sorry but that is bull. I'm not proud of this, but I've gone out to bars and clubs looking for fights when I was younger. It takes two people to start a fight, and in general I've learned that in 95% of the cases the instigator is also the person who will throw the first punch. I'm not the biggest guy in the world or anything, but for the most part I've noticed that most people do not want to get into fights. Miller is bigger than me and a pro athlete, people will want to fight him even less. I rarely got into any fights, and I actually went looking for them. If Miller seriously wasn't even looking for a fight, and he got into one, either he has extremely bad luck, or he was in fact actually looking for a fight or was too quick to get into one.

I usually advocate hearing the story and looking for the positives, but I highly doubt Miller was just some innocent victim here. He ****ed up. He's a great KR, but that isn't enough to put him above the rules. He is a public figure and he needs to know that he is subject to certain rules as a result that others aren't. Actually, even so, I don't know that you can hit women even by accident and get away with it, no matter what your position or occupation in life.

I feel bad for the woman...I really do. But does anybody else find it funny he swung at a dude,missed and punched a chick in the face?

I mean...there are guys in the NFL right now who have punched women in the face on purpose and still have a job.

2 games?

If he is convicted, at the very least it is 3rd degree assault. Assuming the flight from the police was a mistake.

If the NFL is trying to send a message, they need to bring the hammer. Getting in a fight at 4 in the morning and then running from the cops is not what they are looking for. As Jet Moses said, walk away. What could that drunk a-hole say to warrant a fight to an NFL player? Nothing.

8 games minimum.

Actually, at most it's 3rd degree assault. According to the reports he was only charged with 3rd degree misdemeanor assault. Not exactly premeditated murder, I can't see Goodell going 8 games on that. Especially on a first offense. IF he gets 8 games without there being a hell of a lot more to this story and the NFLPA lets them get away with it then it is time to form a real union.

Lets wait for all the details folks. If this is all there is to the story and JM went out and threw a punch at another grown man I can live with it. No guns involved. No posses kicking the **** out of a guy because an NFL player couldn't take somebody one on one. A woman was hit by ACCIDENT. **** happens kids. A fistfight happens. We have no idea what provoked it. It could have been any of a million things. The guy may have done something that even warranted a beatdown. JM didn't do anything that many of us havne't done ourselves. If it turns out he was trying to suckerpucn somebody just for the hell of it the hell yeah let him go. As of this minute though we have no idea what provoked it. Personally I'll wait for the full story. If it was an unprovoked "thug" act then cut him then and there. If something was done to him where he was defenging himself or reacting to somebody who deserved it then move on. JMO.

But anyone and everyone on this site who is talking down on him really needs to STFU untill you know what really happen.

Im sure everyone goes out once in a while to the clubs... I do all the time with my girl, if you dont get out at all... Well I think you should. Miller is a NFL player who is getting paid to do something that he loves. So what if he is "Famous" He never asked for it. So what if he went out to a damn club and was there till 4:00... He is living his life and you only live once. So what that he got into a fight... If your a damn grown man and never been in a fight, more power to you... But sometimes a man has to be a man and you have to stick up for yourself. Yea he hit a girl and that wrong, but did he mean to? No.

Ill tell you one thing, Justin went to the club looking to have a fun time... I bet my bottom dollar that he aint go to the club looking to fight, why would he? He has so many other things he can do. But at the same time I can bet my bottom dollar that he was in a club with some drunk who was jealous of him for what ever reason. Im sorry but in clubs... Sometimes a man has to do what a man has to do.

Okay, so, you're not sticking up for Miller, and telling everyone to wait for the details. But you're also TELLING everyone that Miller didn't go out and start a fight. Riiiiight. That closing comment invalidates your post.

Okay, so, you're not sticking up for Miller, and telling everyone to wait for the details. But you're also TELLING everyone that Miller didn't go out and start a fight. Riiiiight. That closing comment invalidates your post.

If I may: I think he means Miller didn't go out TO start a fight. He says that in an earlier sentence.

If I may: I think he means Miller didn't go out TO start a fight. He says that in an earlier sentence.

Yeah, my bad, I skimmed most of the post and didn't realize how much nonsense was in there. Of course he didn't go out looking for a fight. Just like he didn't start a party at his house looking to shove around a female cop shortly before the draft. Stupid people do stupid things on impulse, mostly. The defense that it wasn't premeditated is just as stupid.

What's not to understand? He punched a chick in the face and then ran away. He's issued an apology for it. If anything, you're the one making assumptions about the other guy, calling him a "jealous drunk".

Up until now you've been a great poster, but you fell to oktaren status with this ridiculous post. Take your own advice and STFU.

This guy has had enough alcohol related offenses in his past that the fact that he was out at 4 am means he is guilty and should be released. Part of adopting a philosphy like Mangini and Tannenbaum have is having the nuts to release guys who violate the rules. Cut him loose.

This guy has had enough alcohol related offenses in his past that the fact that he was out at 4 am means he is guilty and should be released. Part of adopting a philosphy like Mangini and Tannenbaum have is having the nuts to release guys who violate the rules. Cut him loose.

...And at the edge of the bar sat a girl named Doris, and Ooh! that girl liked nice! Well he cast his eyes upon her, and the trouble soon began; Leroy Brown learned a lesson 'bout a messing with the wife of a jealous man....

Even the stuff you're willing to admit is way to bad "all we know is..." you're acting like being arrested for assault and running from police is something small. Oh and I applaud the cop who had to run down Juston Miller, man that has to be tough to do.

Granted, either way Miller got himself in a situation that he shouldn't have. Other than that, you don't know anything. A lot of people are arrested and then the real story comes out. I was arrested for assault from a fight when I was 19. The reality was that I was struck in the head with a baseball bat and the other kids called the cops and filed charges. I was charged with 3 Felony C assault charges and hand-cuffed to my hospital bed and all I was doing was trying to break a fight up. Needless to say, the charges were dropped. Miller is Innocent until proven Guilty!

^What he said. Until Miller's convicted, you have no right to jump to any conclusions. This isn't even a police report. I don't trust the media at all. First, let's find out what happened, then that'll explain everything, and hopefully show what could be the punishment.

Thank you! I'm not saying that if he did assault someone he should not be punished but people are way too quick to judge in this society.

Im all for waiting to hear the whole story but Miller did release an official statement and in no part of it did he try to say he was innocent, just he was sorry. Im sure if the story was wrong it would have been addressed by him, I could be wrong, but I think its pretty safe to say that we are getting the real story...

He is not allowed to address the specifics under advice of his lawyer. Don't you understand the legal system?

Somebody just dissed me in the parking lot. So I got in my car and tried to run him over, but he jumped out of the way and I ran over a lady with her baby in a baby carriage. It's ok though, because it was an accident. I know I should have stopped, at least maybe administer some first aid to the mother and her baby, but I got scared and took off, then the cops caught me.

If that guy didn't diss me, none of this would have ever happened. It's all his fault.

Jmillz out.

Did you ever think that maybe the woman being punched is hearsay? No, because that never happens right? The media is always 100% accurate and "witnesses" always tell the absolute truth.

Is it stupid if the guy he swung at has a posse and guns???? Maybe Miller was running away, scared for his life. Maybe he didnt want to be another Darrent Williams, RIP.

None of us know the details, so you guys can stop pretending like you do. No offense.

I can't believe I am on the side of the guy who treats Chad like a cripple but I am!

:cheers:

GREAT POST, WELL SAID!!!!

People just love to judge without true facts. The media runs with something and everyone assumes the worst. You'd think people would know better than that by now with all the lies we are told, but they just keep jumping on the wagon. People don't seem to know how to put themselves in the guy's situation either. They would rather throw stones from their pedestal.

Archived