So who is the WISE GUY

Brenjetsfan

• Replies 370
  • Created
  • Last Reply
How many times has the phrase... "what were you smoking/drinking when you typed that?" been used and will be used in the future without being deleted and looked at as a personal attack?

This only spurred a challenge because it seemed like just a normal funny comment... no big deal... Im sure Bren can handle a drunk joke... and if she cant... she shouldnt make it known to the general public that she posts when drunk...

This was far from the "dogs" being on her is all.... I understand the need to watch out for the ladies... this was just way overboard IMO and resembled actions taken at the other place... that doesnt mean I think the two are anything like eachother...

yo uare wasting your breath ecurb,,

have seen this many times over years with male/female banter..

you get people who will over react and try to over protect women, who in many cases, said the same exact stuff .

And in a ironic twist, I have found in most cases, the guys who do that are the most chauvanistic.

Pretty funny actually.

But no big deal, realize who has that MO and avoid it.

just my 2 cents worth. I didn't care for ecurbs comment either & thought it was in poor taste.

I probably fall into the overprotective category when it comes to the women of jn too.

sj had a good point regarding limo but these girls are not limo by any stretch.

thats a good point,,

there are no 'ladies' like Limo here

you get people who will over react and try to over protect women, who in many cases, said the same exact stuff .

And in a ironic twist, I have found in most cases, the guys who do that are the most chauvanistic.

Pretty funny actually.

People like that piss me off the most makes no sense to "protect" woman by treating women like they're inferior to men. These dudes usually get a shot to the nuts by most of my female friends so it works out in the end.

ecurb-I will explain this to you in full detail:

It is ok for someone to joke about themselves and be self deprecating.

For someone else to then pick up on that and use that as a punchline against that person-well, it is borderline.

Now, I know that you are going to say that "This happens here all the time". And it often does.

BUT, you have to remember also that there is a core group here (not me) that have been at this for along time and have acquantainceship outside of this board. THAT allows a little mor familiarity jostling.

It is easy for others to want to pick up on that, I know. But, there is a time and place for everything.

For me to have to be the voice of reason is downright sad.

hahaha,,

you mean like when I tease myself about redneck stuff, but some posters and MODS then make redneck jokes about me???

hahahaha

I dont care, but I see what SD is saying..

You are a handsome man. I've met you...twice, apparently ;) Plus, I've seen the pictures you posted of your boys. Adorable. An ugly man can't produce that.

These guys are gonna chew me up and spit me out but thanks for the compliment. lol.

You are a handsome man. I've met you...twice, apparently ;)Plus, I've seen the pictures you posted of your boys. Adorable. An ugly man can't produce that.

Holy crap Garb just made reference to Smizzy's testicles. Wow. Now I have seen it all.

hahaha,,

you mean like when I tease myself about redneck stuff, but some posters and MODS then make redneck jokes about me???

hahahaha

I dont care, but I see what SD is saying..

I didn't realize they didn't bother you. I will instruct the mods to stop deleting them when people write them about you.

Thanks for the update.

\:D/

These guys are gonna chew me up and spit me out but thanks for the compliment. lol.

Holy crap Garb just made reference to Smizzy's testicles. Wow. Now I have seen it all.

That didn't take long Smizzy!

I didn't realize they didn't bother you. I will instruct the mods to stop deleting them when people write them about you.

Thanks for the update.

\:D/

I really dont care,, its funny,, as long as I am allowed to point-counter-point ;)

snl_jane_ignorant_slut_small.jpg

Pretty funny actually.

Yes...please avoid me.

Yes...please avoid me.

hahha

paranoid now on resume?

"But no big deal, realize who has that MO and avoid it."

IT being operative word. Avoid the issue with that person, not the person.

Man, calm down. Yanks will climb back into wildcard race before the fireworks are lit. ;)

hahha

paranoid now on resume?

"But no big deal, realize who has that MO and avoid it."

IT being operative word. Avoid the issue with that person, not the person.

Man, calm down. Yanks will climb back into wildcard race before the fireworks are lit. ;)

:yawn:

just my 2 cents worth. I didn't care for ecurbs comment either & thought it was in poor taste.

I probably fall into the overprotective category when it comes to the women of jn too.

sj had a good point regarding limo but these girls are not limo by any stretch.

POTW

limo...stretch...you're on a freakin roll JW!

can't we just make the women posters wear earplugs and stay in a well-guarded kitchen to protect them from the bad people of the world??

Depends are they barefoot, pregnant and cooking? if not the mods wont be happy.

Days of our Lives is where it's at anyway.

If that's the case then I want to be Steve.

ok there patch ;) personally i am so excited that tony and stefanop are back... what could be better then that!

That isnt for you to decide garb... your a sh**ty poster anyways...

listen... i live in the same state as you... dont be hatin on my girl or i might to just find you and slap you upside the head! ;)

The only person I ever put on ignore was banned this week.

i wasnt banned :shock:

Bro you have been here how long? And you are just realizing that Garb has issues now? WOW. lol.

you to oh weblord.. see above... i will just pm jfbm some of the things you have told me and then ... well.. have you heard of rocky mountian oysters? that will be what you will be served for dinner....

dont be messing with the females here... we will make you pay.... :P

Alk, there used to be a site called Jets Haters - Bob will atest to this - anyway, the stuff that went on there would have made you drool. Personal "insults" were the norm and someone actually threatened to kill the moderator there? Bob, can you confirm this?

I remember this, Garb. I forget who the poster was, but he actually posted The Wizard's address and phone # on the site. He was trying to recruit people to help him kill Wiz.

The women here have as thick of skin as one could imagine. If they didn't, they'd have stopped posting here long ago. Women who love football & talking about football are sacred. My father taught this to me. He was right.

The JN women don't send out blanket emails to the mods complaining about this or that poster (though they probably have had many occasions to justify doing so). I've lost count of how many we've received from some "men" who cry like little bitches.

Even so, this is not a "we're all the same" website any more than life is. Women and men are not the same; physically, emotionally, or socially. A grown man knows that you treat women differently than you do your drunk buddies. And yes, that includes taking more than you dish out. The mods here are not your parents & are not inclined to explain why this is so. It just is.

If this is too much to handle, then don't interact with them.

We will continue to delete posts we feel are inappropriate. If the same person causes us to keep deleting his posts, that person will be on either temporary or permanent vacation. This system has worked well here & we are going to continue to do what we feel is in the best interest of JetNation. This isn't for financial gain or personal vendettas. We love this place & want to keep it as a place we love.

Oh, and Smizzy is a fag. He told Thor he is "Mr. Glory Hole" for the week he was made a mod. To the surprise of none of us, Thor did not protest much. And this is not a personal attack on Smizzy. I like Smizzy. He let me borrow his office twice that week while he was out. Good times.

The women here have as thick of skin as one could imagine. If they didn't, they'd have stopped posting here long ago. Women who love football & talking about football are sacred. My father taught this to me. He was right.

The JN women don't send out blanket emails to the mods complaining about this or that poster (though they probably have had many occasions to justify doing so). I've lost count of how many we've received from some "men" who cry like little bitches.

Even so, this is not a "we're all the same" website any more than life is. Women and men are not the same; physically, emotionally, or socially. A grown man knows that you treat women differently than you do your drunk buddies. And yes, that includes taking more than you dish out. The mods here are not your parents & are not inclined to explain why this is so. It just is.

If this is too much to handle, then don't interact with them.

We will continue to delete posts we feel are inappropriate. If the same person causes us to keep deleting his posts, that person will be on either temporary or permanent vacation. This system has worked well here & we are going to continue to do what we feel is in the best interest of JetNation. This isn't for financial gain or personal vendettas. We love this place & want to keep it as a place we love.

POTW nom!

PS: Hey Max,there's that old best interest of Jetnation saying again! :D

Oh, and Smizzy is a fag. He told Thor he is "Mr. Glory Hole" for the week he was made a mod. To the surprise of none of us, Thor did not protest much. And this is not a personal attack on Smizzy. I like Smizzy. He let me borrow his office twice that week while he was out. Good times.

POTW nom!

:rl:

I thought Smizzy was tighter than usual.

Archived