25. A. Smith SF

26. J. Campbell*

27. R. Grossman*

28. B. Leftwich Jax

29. J. McCown* Oak.

30. T. Jackson* Min.

31. C. Frye Cle.

32. B. Croyle*

*Has not spent the last two seasons as starter.

Perfect... a ranking with Chad right in the middle of the pack. Cue the played out obnoxious debating.

SoFla what'd you doooo!

I'm reading 6 or 7 names ahead of Chad that IMO shouldn't be there-but then again you gotta consider the source

QB Rankings

1. P. Manning Ind.

2. T. Brady NE

3. D. Brees NO

4. C. Palmer Cin.

5. M. Bulger St. L

6. M. Hasselbeck Sea.

7. V. Young* Tenn

8. P. Rivers* SD

9. J. Kitna * Det.

10. J. Cutler* Den.

11. T. Romo* Dall.

12. D. McNabb Phil.

13. S. McNair Bal.

14. B. Favre GB

15. C. Pennington Jets

16. J. Delhomme Car.

17. B. Roethlisberger Pit.

18. M. Leinart* Ariz.

19. M. Schaub* Hou.

20. J.P. Losman* Buf.

21. M. Vick Atl.

22. J. Garcia* TB

23. E. Manning Giants

24. T. Green Miami

25. A. Smith SF

26. J. Campbell*

27. R. Grossman*

28. B. Leftwich Jax

29. J. McCown* Oak.

30. T. Jackson* Min.

31. C. Frye Cle.

32. B. Croyle*

Only a few issues.

1) Alex Smith 25th ? WTF is King's issue with the niners ?

2) Kitna 9th ? Guy has been with some real crappy teams but 9th ?

3) Romo 11th: Fair enough for now. I want to see how he bounces back from the Seattle debacle.

Chad and Jake are pretty much the same. Alot of Panthers fans hate Jake the way Jets fans hate Chad.

McNabb 11th: It's interesting because there are alot of people here who rank him in the top 5. 11th is prety much right. The guy is a good QB who is injury prone and is 1 for 4 in NFC Championships and lost 2 of them at home when they were favored.

If McNabb was the Jets QB the same arguements that are going on now with Chad and Kellen would be going on McNabb and Kellen.

The love for Schaub really baffles me. The guy has barely played and is still ranked so high. I guess because he had that one good game against the Pats a couple of years ago King remembered that and put him so high.

Not bad. Rothlisbergers too low, Rivers is way too high, so is Romo.

Funny that you mention Ben. I was listening to sirius nfl on the way home yesterday and a caller asked about Ben's ranking. The guys carried that topic on and posed the question to each other, do you take Penny or Ben, and every one of them said Penny pretty soundly. They said that Penny's ints last season were an abarition, and will come down considerbly. They said of course Ben has a better arm and is a gunslinger, but he is always capable of throwng lots of ints. They said Chad won't be in danger of 4 pick games but Ben is scary because he is. They agreed that Chad had questions about arm strength, but with a full season and being healthy and working out year 2 in the offense, he will have a solid year.

BTW, I know have sirius full time with my new wrangler, and between howard in the am, and nfl radio and hair nation throughout the day I will never go without it!

Funny that you mention Ben. I was listening to sirius nfl on the way home yesterday and a caller asked about Ben's ranking. The guys carried that topic on and posed the question to each other, do you take Penny or Ben, and every one of them said Penny pretty soundly. They said that Penny's ints last season were an abarition, and will come down considerbly. They said of course Ben has a better arm and is a gunslinger, but he is always capable of throwng lots of ints. They said Chad won't be in danger of 4 pick games but Ben is scary because he is. They agreed that Chad had questions about arm strength, but with a full season and being healthy and working out year 2 in the offense, he will have a solid year.

BTW, I know have sirius full time with my new wrangler, and between howard in the am, and nfl radio and hair nation throughout the day I will never go without it!

also Joe...on the way home from the Christmas night game you should have heard all the Fins fans and announcers talking about how much they all wished they had a QB like we do...it wasn't even about the guys they had on the field that night they meant overall and over the course of well since Marino left

QB Rankings

1. P. Manning Ind.

2. T. Brady NE

3. D. Brees NO

4. C. Palmer Cin.

5. M. Bulger St. L

6. M. Hasselbeck Sea.

7. V. Young* Tenn

8. P. Rivers* SD

9. J. Kitna * Det.

10. J. Cutler* Den.

11. T. Romo* Dall.

12. D. McNabb Phil.

13. S. McNair Bal.

14. B. Favre GB

15. C. Pennington Jets

16. J. Delhomme Car.

17. B. Roethlisberger Pit.

18. M. Leinart* Ariz.

19. M. Schaub* Hou.

20. J.P. Losman* Buf.

21. M. Vick Atl.

22. J. Garcia* TB

23. E. Manning Giants

24. T. Green Miami

25. A. Smith SF

26. J. Campbell*

27. R. Grossman*

28. B. Leftwich Jax

29. J. McCown* Oak.

30. T. Jackson* Min.

31. C. Frye Cle.

32. B. Croyle*

I would take Chad over Kitna, Favre and Romo...

also Joe...on the way home from the Christmas night game you should have heard all the Fins fans and announcers talking about how much they all wished they had a QB like we do...it wasn't even about the guys they had on the field that night they meant overall and over the course of well since Marino left

SFJ, great point. People don't realize what it's like to go through years of having bad qb's lead your team. The kids against Pennington, generally, are just that, kids with little life experience who think that every team gets a Peyton.

I'll take a solid qb like Chad on my team every day of the week and twice on Sunday.

I saw this & was going to post it but was nice.

King is ranking what he thinks their production will be by the end of the season, not who's the best QB. Take Kitna for example. King doesn't think he's the 9th best QB in the NFL but thinks it's very realistic with Martz as his OC and those 3 WR's and a 2nd year in the same system that he passes for well over 4000 yds again. The reason someone like McNabb is lower than Kitna isn't because he thinks McNabb is worse; it's b/c he doesn't think McNabb will play the whole season.

Despite the cooing over Young, Rivers had a much better season & it wasn't close. But SD is (appropriately) all about LT so Rivers isn't going to likely put up gaudy gross #'s.

King is a jackass, but based on expected numbers by season's end this list isn't that bad really. I think some are a little too high (McNair) & some are a little too low (Garcia & maybe Leinart if he can stay healthy), it's an ok list overall.

this list gives herm another excuse, "brodie was 'spected to have growin pains. he was ranked dead last by peter king. everyone knew he'd do bad. that isn't my fault. everyone knew it."

Are you saying it was 'oblious'? ;)

Chad is where he should be. But in the end, when at least 5 of these guys get hurt its down to their back ups to play. I want to see one of these writers try to rank the best backup quarterbacks. a "in case IT hits the fan list". The problem with that is, these quarterbacks aren't written about, don't get any hype, and therefore aren't known by any writers. To my knowledge no list has been created.

Imagine if they actually dug deep for one of these stories and created something meaningful with explanation and good journalism, where a knowledgable football fan, similar to the ones on this board and other forums nationally, could learn something. Until then we deal with regurgitations of whatever was said in the press conference or whatever biases they hold against individual players.

Romo's a little too high but other then that I'm pretty much in agreement, don't know if I'd have Chad at 15, but he is right in the middle, a mediocre NFL starting QB.

Being a top 15 STARTING QB in the NFL does not make you Mediocre...

I think Trent Green is too low. I take Green over Eli Manning any day.

I agree with that....Green is ahead of Brady behind only Manning in production the last few years Green>>>>>Brady...oh yea Tex isn't here

Being a top 15 STARTING QB in the NFL does not make you Mediocre...

Really? On what account?

If there are 32 NFL franchises, numbers, oh, I don't know 14-18, should be deemed mediocre. Exactly what Chad is.

Really? On what account?

If there are 32 NFL franchises, numbers, oh, I don't know 14-18, should be deemed mediocre. Exactly what Chad is.

Your wrong...

There arent 32 QB's in the NFL... it takes a good QB just to start in the NFL... and hold a starting job for years... Chad has never lost his job through everything he has been through...

There are 75+ QB's that are being PAID to be in the NFL that Chad is better than.

Your wrong...

There arent 32 QB's in the NFL... it takes a good QB just to start in the NFL... and hold a starting job for years... Chad has never lost his job through everything he has been through...

There are 75+ QB's that are being PAID to be in the NFL that Chad is better than.

Okay, have it your way.

He's a mediocre STARTING NFL Quarterback. Feel better now?

And yes, I know there are more then just 32 NFL QB's, get a grip, you knew what I was saying assmop.

Chad's never lost his job because Sperman Edwards never brought in real competition when he got hurt. Oh yeah, Brooks Bollinger, 40 year old Vinny and Quincy Carter are solid competition.

32 teams, times 3 QB's a team plus the random Brad Smith Randel El guys make it about a hundred at any given time of which Pennington is in the top 10-15 %....I'd rather be where we are at that position than more than half of the rest of the league

I think Trent Green is too low. I take Green over Eli Manning any day.

Green is better, but the list is for production this year. Do you think Green this year will have better numbers then Eli? Don't forget, Eli will HAVE to throw a lot this year.

This is the reason why Kitna is so high, King spent a LOT of time with that team this offseason, and based on what he saw from the whole unit he believes Kitna will be a big producer this season.

Archived