New Jets QB Depth Chart Released

JetCane

I have to wonder if there are more Chad haters than there ever were Herm haters....

I'd say it's 90% to 50%-with Herm being the one at a 90% disapproval....Chad's still my guy...but that is subject to change from week to week....I'm just glad that Clemens has improved enough to make me not believe he's gonna be a total bust

Man, I really hope this is just pre season bugs. My feelings on Chad are completely the same. Chad isn't going to led this team to the super bowl because we don't have enough around him to make up for his short comings. But, Chad still is the best we have on the roster, so he needs to keep starting. Now, if we do get to see more of Clemens that opinion might change.

1- Clemens

2- Tui

3- Smith

4- Ratliff

5- Kendall

6- Mrs. Pennington

7- Mr. Pennington

Although funny, Pennington is the QB for this team. Should the Patriots start Cassell because of Brady's horrible INT last night too? I knew the Chad-hating would be on full force after those dreadful throws from last night. I'm sticking by him and so should any Jets fan that cares about this team, this year.

I guess maybe Chad should've thrown the ball a little bit in the opener. He'll get a lot of work next week, that's for sure. Hopefully with some zippier results.

And Tui has no chance in hell of making this team. It's obvious that Kellen is #2, except on gamedays when Brad Smith will be listed as such.

Man, I really hope this is just pre season bugs. My feelings on Chad are completely the same. Chad isn't going to led this team to the super bowl because we don't have enough around him to make up for his short comings. But, Chad still is the best we have on the roster, so he needs to keep starting. Now, if we do get to see more of Clemens that opinion might change.

Right now, the problem is not Chad and it is definitely not the weapons of which there are many, it is the O-Line. Chad's throws sucked last night so I'm not blaming that on the line but they did not look good. Hopefully they can figure out who is gonna play LG and get some cohesiveness before week 1. If they do Chad does have the potential to lead this team as far as they will allow themselves to go as a whole.

Speaking of QB's, did Bollywood get any snaps last night? Is he even on the Vikings?

yes late 2nd qtr he was 2-4 for 27 yds and ran for another 18 -- he was also sacked by Ellis who stripped him of the ball and made the fumbel recovery

Although funny, Pennington is the QB for this team. Should the Patriots start Cassell because of Brady's horrible INT last night too? I knew the Chad-hating would be on full force after those dreadful throws from last night. I'm sticking by him and so should any Jets fan that cares about this team, this year.

Chad hating, in full force? LOL

MAYBE you havent read some of my other posts about him lately.

http://jetnation.com/forums/showthread.php?t=39548

http://jetnation.com/forums/showthread.php?t=39592

This was done tongue in cheek- not that there is anything good to say about his performace last night, other than he didnt get hurt, and maybe got some rust off.

And you're right, those ints were dreadful. HATER! ;)

If anyone expects Pennington to win games for us solely on his arm they have not been paying attention the last 5 years. Only if he has complementary weapons like a respected ground game and faking and a sound defense can this team win with him.

brady has 3 superbowls and an arm

Right now, the problem is not Chad and it is definitely not the weapons of which there are many, it is the O-Line. Chad's throws sucked last night so I'm not blaming that on the line but they did not look good. Hopefully they can figure out who is gonna play LG and get some cohesiveness before week 1. If they do Chad does have the potential to lead this team as far as they will allow themselves to go as a whole.

True, the O-line isnt giving Chad or Clemens much help. Moore was struggling pretty bad and Brick got tossed around more than once.

If Mangini keeps this involent (sp?) at QB, we win no more the 7 games this season (and also don't get to see what Clemens can do).

Right on, Chad has never won 7 games or more in a season. Maybe they'll try him out at RB behind Jones.

You are so right about the wins though, this squad has no chance at making the playoffs if Chad is the QB. All you have to do is look at past preformances to realize that.

Silly Chad.

Personally I think this is Chad's make or break year. He arguably has the most talent he's ever had on offense AND an entire offseason to get stronger. 17 tds and 16 interceptions is not going to cut it this year. Either he reverts to 2002 form or he and his absurd contract can take a seat behind Clemens.

Personally I think this is Chad's make or break year. He arguably has the most talent he's ever had on offense AND an entire offseason to get stronger. 17 tds and 16 interceptions is not going to cut it this year. Either he reverts to 2002 form or he and his absurd contract can take a seat behind Clemens.

he has one of the most incentive ladden contracts i have ever seen...

:character42:

he has one of the most incentive ladden contracts i have ever seen...

:character42:

Last year the incentives involved starting 16 games. His contract (correct me if I'm mistaken) is the same now as it was before it was renegotiated. And that contract is waaay too big for a guy who is good but not close to elite.

edit: regardless of the contract if he is mediocre or gets hurt again I think Clemens should start.

Last year the incentives involved starting 16 games. His contract (correct me if I'm mistaken) is the same now as it was before it was renegotiated. And that contract is waaay too big for a guy who is good but not close to elite.

edit: regardless of the contract if he is mediocre or gets hurt again I think Clemens should start.

i don't think that is true, but don't quote me on it. I thought he signed for a few years at the least, and every year was including big time incentives.

either way, i still think chad will have a good to great season.

Archived