No team whines quite like the red sox

Barton

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Oh and dont forget Francona! Christ, what a whiny beyatch.

Are you talking about the Uniform check?

In the middle of an inning when your team is pitching and the opposing team has men on base is kind of a bad time to do an inspection.

That would be like calling Mangini into the lockeroom during a goal line stand for a piss test.

Lets be fair here, we dont know if Joba was doing it intentionally. Pedro definitely was, no question.

Before Francona or any red Sox player even thinks of complaining , they should go watch video of all of the antics good ole Pete participated in , when he wore the blosux uniform. Head hunting was a sport for him, many times directed to the Yankees. I don't think Joba was throwing at Chia Pet face, because he frankly has no reason to. They weren't able to touch him up for any runs during the series, so he has no bone to pick. If Francona want's a "wake up call"....I would think the SWEEP, should've been enough to do that. Someone needs to take a BIC to Chi Pet's goatee. I was watching the game in HD, and I swear I saw some fleas humping around in there.

Before Francona or any red Sox player even thinks of complaining , they should go watch video of all of the antics good ole Pete participated in , when he wore the blosux uniform. Head hunting was a sport for him, many times directed to the Yankees. I don't think Joba was throwing at Chia Pet face, because he frankly has no reason to. They weren't able to touch him up for any runs during the series, so he has no bone to pick. If Francona want's a "wake up call"....I would think the SWEEP, should've been enough to do that. Someone needs to take a BIC to Chi Pet's goatee. I was watching the game in HD, and I swear I saw some fleas humping around in there.

Wonderful, insightful post. As usual.

You really have your 'brother's' gift for words.

Becareful NS...you might get a DQ and become NSDQ. ;)

I am not disagreeing with your point. Sail one over his head. Message delivered. Two? That is all I am saying. That is the odd thing with what happened it make no sense.

You know the choke collar is getting heavy in Boston. Last year 5 game sweep on top of this past weekend, I imagine tension is high.

I have a question. I heard on Mike and Mike and now Colin Cowherd, Yankees are playing the best ball. Didn't they just lose 5 of 7 before the Sox series to fall 8 games back? If they had to face the Sox everyday, I would say yes, but we are done for two weeks.

The Yankees just finished a 3 week stretch where they played 17 of 20 games against the Indians, Tigers, Angels and BoSox. They went 11-6 against the best the AL has to offer.

I would say they are playing the best ball of the lot.

Are you talking about the Uniform check?

In the middle of an inning when your team is pitching and the opposing team has men on base is kind of a bad time to do an inspection.

That would be like calling Mangini into the lockeroom during a goal line stand for a piss test.

I have to say, that was over the top...hope you Sox fans don't blame the Yanks for that...:cool:

In 20 years of watching baseball I have never seen a baserunner use the infield grass as part of his route to get from one bag to the other while avoiding a tag and not get called out. If he was within the three feet why was he called out after the umps got together and discussed what happened. He was out of the baseline. The umps got it right...he kicked and screamed like a little kid that didn't get his ice cream cone. Grow up.

I agree with your post, word for word.

I would change the first line though to ............40 years ................. I have never seen a runner run on the grass between 2nd & 3rd. Never.

Barton has no point. I am sure Youk's reaction was heat of the moment and likely changed upon seeing the replay.

Threads like this again reinforce while everyone hates some of the Yankee fanbase.

Still 5 games behind but out they come after a nice series win with the chest thumping, knocking their opponents class.

And exactly why we hate you.

You guys had no problems ripping this team and its fans to shreads when things were going bad. Now all of sudden you guys are cryin the blues...

AGAIN

Take a hike. You dished it out now its your turn to take it.

If he did it once, I would agree with you. The second one clinched it for me.

Did Pedro get tossed when he opened the game a few years ago by drilling Sori and Jeter, back to back, and sending them both to the hospital immediately? You will never find 1 person who will tell you that that incident was "unintentional".

However, no warning was issued, so Pedro was not tossed. Same thing should have applied yesterday.

And Umpire Darryl Cousins made the stupidest comment I have ever heard from an ump. Something about there is a history here, and an pitcher has to throw better up here. If so, then in Toronto, that fool pitching for the Jays who drilled A-Rod, after he was hit in an earlier game against the Jays in that series, should have also been tossed. Later, Clemens drilled Rios, in obvious payback. Clemens was tossed, as he should have been. But the foolish Jays hurler hit A-Rod on purpose. There was history there.

And guess what? The same umpire crew worked that series also. And Angel Hernandez was behind the plate in both games, the Toronto game, and yesterday.

Tell me that something isn't fishy here. I hope someone lets Mr. Watson know about this. As a minimum, I want this crew to not work any Yankee games for the remainder of 2007, including Playoffs.

You guys had no problems ripping this team and its fans to shreads when things were going bad. Now all of sudden you guys are cryin the blues...

AGAIN

Yankee fans are the ones who dished it out for years and years. Guess who really can't take a little of their own medicine?

Did Pedro get tossed when he opened the game a few years ago by drilling Sori and Jeter, back to back, and sending them both to the hospital immediately? You will never find 1 person who will tell you that that incident was "unintentional".

However, no warning was issued, so Pedro was not tossed. Same thing should have applied yesterday.

And Umpire Darryl Cousins made the stupidest comment I have ever heard from an ump. Something about there is a history here, and an pitcher has to throw better up here. If so, then in Toronto, that fool pitching for the Jays who drilled A-Rod, after he was hit in an earlier game against the Jays in that series, should have also been tossed. Later, Clemens drilled Rios, in obvious payback. Clemens was tossed, as he should have been. But the foolish Jays hurler hit A-Rod on purpose. There was history there.

And guess what? The same umpire crew worked that series also. And Angel Hernandez was behind the plate in both games, the Toronto game, and yesterday.

Tell me that something isn't fishy here. I hope someone lets Mr. Watson know about this. As a minimum, I want this crew to not work any Yankee games for the remainder of 2007, including Playoffs.

First of all, Pedro hit them both in the hands. Not their heads. Jeter and Soriano crowd the plate, so getting hit is nothing new for them. Jeter especially likes to dive over the plate.

That said, Pedro should have been thrown out of that game, absolutely.

First of all, Pedro hit them both in the hands. Not their heads. Jeter and Soriano crowd the plate, so getting hit is nothing new for them. Jeter especially likes to dive over the plate.

That said, Pedro should have been thrown out of that game, absolutely.

But he wasn't. And Joba should not have been either, without a warning being issued.

A smart umpire, who is on his toes, would have issued the warning after the 1st pitch. But Hernandez might be the lowest ranked ump in Baseball, and, IMO, deserving so. He constantly needs to make himself part of the action. No one comes to see him, but he has a need to get involved.

The best umped games I have ever been to are the ones where no one knows the umps names after the game.

AGAIN

LOL ...I don't rip Yankee fans to shreds when things are bad.

I just thought this thread was a little much. If you feel pulling within 5 games of the division warranted it than have at it.

LOL ...I don't rip Yankee fans to shreds when things are bad.

I just thought this thread was a little much. If you feel pulling within 5 games of the division warranted it than have at it.

Pulling within 5 games doesnt mean much.

But the Yankees threw their best three against the Sox best three and shut them down. Also, the Yankees bats were able to hit their pitching pretty well.

Like I've said a million times, the Sox lineup isnt that good and their pitching doesnt nearly scare me as much as Lackey/Escobar.

And when you take Manny or Ortiz out of the equation their lineup is average at best.

But he wasn't. And Joba should not have been either, without a warning being issued.

A smart umpire, who is on his toes, would have issued the warning after the 1st pitch. But Hernandez might be the lowest ranked ump in Baseball, and, IMO, deserving so. He constantly needs to make himself part of the action. No one comes to see him, but he has a need to get involved.

The best umped games I have ever been to are the ones where no one knows the umps names after the game.

Yes, they both should have been tossed. You're right, Joba should have gotten a warning after the first one. Then we'd have to hear about how the umps took away the ability to pitch inside.

Pulling within 5 games doesnt mean much.

But the Yankees threw their best three against the Sox best three and shut them down. Also, the Yankees bats were able to hit their pitching pretty well.

Like I've said a million times, the Sox lineup isnt that good and their pitching doesnt nearly scare me as much as Lackey/Escobar.

And when you take Manny or Ortiz out of the equation their lineup is average at best.

I agree. Good series by the Yanks.

We have the best team ERA in baseball and that doesn't scare you? It doesn't scare you that we have the best bullpen in baseball and 2nd best rotation in baseball based on ERA? Lackey and Escobar. Not bad. Then what? And inconsistent Weaver? An untested Joe Saunders? Ervin Santana or Bartolo Colon?

The Sox top three guys Beckett, Dice-K and Schilling are better than you'll find in any other rotation. Wakefield doesn't have great numbers against the Yankees, but against everyone else this year he has been very good. Heck, we can even throw Tavarez out there who is 2-0 against you guys this season.

And yes, when you take Manny or Papi out of the lineup it does become a fairly pedestrian line-up, but they will both be there come October.

We have the best team ERA in baseball and that doesn't scare you? It doesn't scare you that we have the best bullpen in baseball and 2nd best rotation in baseball based on ERA? Lackey and Escobar. Not bad. Then what? And inconsistent Weaver? An untested Joe Saunders? Ervin Santana or Bartolo Colon?

The Sox top three guys Beckett, Dice-K and Schilling are better than you'll find in any other rotation. Wakefield doesn't have great numbers against the Yankees, but against everyone else this year he has been very good. Heck, we can even throw Tavarez out there who is 2-0 against you guys this season.

And yes, when you take Manny or Papi out of the lineup it does become a fairly pedestrian line-up, but they will both be there come October.

The Yankees have absolutely no problem hitting Schill,Beckett and Dice K. They put abolutely zero fear into the Yanks lineup. Tavarez has pitched well, I'll give you that, but it evens out with Wake being awful against us.

The only pitcher that does that is Papelbon.

The Yankees have absolutely no problem hitting Schill,Beckett and Dice K. They put abolutely zero fear into the Yanks lineup. Tavarez has pitched well, I'll give you that, but it evens out with Wake being awful against us.

The only pitcher that does that is Papelbon.

Well, forunately, they can only meet in the second round.

Hope we both get that far.

Go back and look at the first 6 games of this year, when the Bosox won 5. The Yankees actually hit Dice-K, and his buddies quite well. Since then, we have won 7 of 9. Your pitching is good, but it does not seem to stop the Yankees. Guys like Chase Wright, and other poor pitching performances have doomed the Yankees in those first 2 series.

In fact, if I remember correctly, the Series where you swept us 3 straight, we actually had the lead in the 7th in each game, but the pitching was terrible for us.

We can hit your staff. Paplebon is great, but we got to him once also, which is more than 90% of the league can say.;)

No team whines quite like the Red Sox, yes, no doubt. However, no fan base whines more than us Yankees fans on this message board and that is a FACT. Enough with this crap. Sit back, watch them take the Wild Card and lets talk Red Sox again if we get lucky and get to face the Indians in the ALDS.

Until then, shut the hell up and:

GO YANKEES!

No team whines quite like the Red Sox, yes, no doubt. However, no fan base whines more than us Yankees fans on this message board and that is a FACT. Enough with this crap. Sit back, watch them take the Wild Card and lets talk Red Sox again if we get lucky and get to face the Indians in the ALDS.

Until then, shut the hell up

So, take your own advice.

:Nuts:

Archived