Jay Mohr | The Alternative: I'll pass on Pennington

rick34125

The Alternative: I'll pass on Pennington

Jay Mohr

Special to FOXSports.com, Updated 12 hours ago

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/7193214?CMP=OTC-K9B140813162&ATT=5

I had my Fantasy Draft this weekend and came to a disturbing discovery. Chad Pennington kind of stinks.

I am, and always have been, a HUGE Jets fan. I grew up with the New York Sack Exchange: Mark Gastineau, Marty Lyons, Abdul Salaam and Joe Klecko. I remember running back Bruce Harper crying after a Monday-night game because it was the first time in his career he had ever been on a team that reached .500.

I remember Johnny "Lam" Jones. I remember Richard Todd guiding the Jets into a playoff slaughter. After Todd, the Jets passed on a guy you may have heard of named Dan Marino and instead picked Ken O'Brien in the '83 draft. Ken O'Brien was a good NFL quarterback, but he wasn't in Marino's league.

These days, I am not sure if Chad Pennington is in Ken O'Brien's league!

We have all heard by now how "smart" Chad Pennington is on the football field. We all have been told

Wasn't Mohr ripping Jets fans two years ago for saying that Herm sucked? And not sure what selection process he used, but in no way, shape or form should Chad ever be drafted in the 8th round. Unless of course he is in a 42 team league.

I'm not so sure about him not directing comebacks. I'll leave the research to somebody else, but it seems to me that he has dug himself out of plenty of holes over his career.

I'm pretty sure Chad has never led the jets to a comeback when trailing by 14or more.

Ok, so we've established that Jay Mohr is an idiot in the fields of comedy, acting and football.

What's next?

Ironically I always thought he was very funny. It is this whole sports career thing he is trying to cook up that leaves me shaking my head at times. Blasting fans on a message board. Um, okay. Then writing that Pennington sucks (which is probably what the fans were complaining about originally, lol).

But his stuff on O&A in the WNEW days was hysterical. Just hysterical. Definitely think he is funny. And Pay It Forward was a heart warming movie, so he will always have that as well.

that's his point.

I will be honest -- I skimmed through the article. He is saying now that he realizes that Chad and Herm suck?

Well I will give him credit. He is one step ahead of me. I admitted that Herm sucks last year. Still neutral on Chad. :P

Really though we all hope Kellen Clemens is the long term answer for this franchise. Chad would make a very good backup.

I'm pretty sure Chad has never led the jets to a comeback when trailing by 14or more.

well I'm kinda hoping we don't see ourselves down by 14 points. I'm also hopin jay moir finishes last in his laegue. It seems ha has the time for fantasy football mainly cause his career seems to have come to a schreeching halt

Jay Mohr is seeing what everybody else is seeing, A weak arm , zero long game ,can't

come back from behind,almost the same amount Int's as Td's QB. Which in the NFL

means, Back up Qb. And for all the chad guys out there that say chad gives us the best

chance to Win, PLEASE the ONLY thing that chad gives us is a chance to be the Laughing

stock of the NFL. Just start the Kid, let him Learn this year as we have a hard line up to go threw.

Jay Mohr is seeing what everybody else is seeing, A weak arm , zero long game ,can't

come back from behind,almost the same amount Int's as Td's QB. Which in the NFL

means, Back up Qb. And for all the chad guys out there that say chad gives us the best

chance to Win, PLEASE the ONLY thing that chad gives us is a chance to be the Laughing

stock of the NFL. Just start the Kid, let him Learn this year as we have a hard line up to go threw.

wait and see. sunday's game might be more important for chad's future than the jets. just saying.

All i care about is REALITY FOOTBALL...I could care less if Penny is racking up his Fantasy stats. The only thing that matter to every Jets fan should be the 'W'. **** Mohr.:yawn:

BINGO Green snake Fantasy football is for geeks sorry any of you FF guys...I will reserve my judgement on Chad Pennington until the appropriate time NOT based on scoring in a fantasy league

This miserable bastard was ripping into people on JI for talking negatively about Chad and Herm, now he decides to jump on the bandwagon!!?? I guess the faint smell of Bobcat Golthwait's shlong eminating from his wife's menge finally put some sense into him.

Maybe this needs to be included in the Genital thread in the lounge

perhaps playing the game? I take it SE is a FF Geek then?

I was always a good athlete. But reality sets in:

I am neither large enough nor talented enough to play in the NFL.

I have a job.

I do one FF team; many do 3 more more.

Since college ended many years ago, I don't know 25 other people who want to play football every week.

It is no more geeky than posting on a football message board, and you're online here more than I am, geek-king.

:Nuts:

perhaps playing the game? I take it SE is a FF Geek then?

Chris Cooley and Maurice Jones-Drew have fantasy teams. So do about half the American-born players in Major League Baseball. Why do you think that is? Is it because they are too busy to play Dungeons and Dragons during the season?

I have a job.

Since college ended many years ago, I don't know 25 other people who want to play football every week.

It is no more geeky than posting on a football message board, and you're online here more than I am, geek-king.

true but your attitude has gotten a lot sourer than mine lately as it has been noted and just experienced first hand here

Ok, so we've established that Jay Mohr is an idiot in the fields of comedy, acting and football.

What's next?

For shame! Blasphemy!

Nobody! and I mean nobody talks about JI's celebrity poster like that!

You might get banned over at the old country if Jay reads this Bob.

I have a job.

Flag football... Im actually joining a league this winter... lol

Wasn't Mohr ripping Jets fans two years ago for saying that Herm sucked? And not sure what selection process he used, but in no way, shape or form should Chad ever be drafted in the 8th round. Unless of course he is in a 42 team league.

That would be correct. Jay Jay took many of us to task over in the old country how we weren't good fans because we recognized that Edwards was freaking imbecile.In retrospect, who was right? Question answers itself.

But now he thinks Pennington stinks. I'll leave that decision up to Eric Mangini, who would sooner cut off major body parts than wast ehis time talking the likes of Jay Mohr.

Archived