Wes Welker? Seriously?

Thor99

Welker fits the Pats offense like Peanut butter on chocolate. Wes isn't stupid and neither are the Pats. This buys 'em time to get a longer term deal done.

Meanwhile we have learned that Burress and Holmes fit the Jets system like peanut butter and vinegar. Hopefully Holmes has acquired a taste for that combo. :)

Edited by Garb

Welker fits the Pats offense like Peanut butter on chocolate. Wes isn't stupid and neither are the Pats. This buys 'em time to get a longer term deal done.

Meanwhile we have learned that Burress and Holmes fit the Jets system like peanut butter and vinegar. Hopefully Holmes has acquired a taste for that combo. :)

What system?

David Tyree Says Hi..

Wez is a good player but he should have caught that ball, the Great ones don't drop them in the biggest game of their lifes.

He catches that pass and its the Pats that are World Champs.

I'm just glad it was not a Jets Reciever who dropped that ball , I can't imagine the melt down on this site it would be like the China Syndrom.

Hilarious coming from you.

And the Jets watched every game in front of the TV.

A month? It seriously took you a month to come up with a comeback and this is the best you could do?

I've never once in my life had the displeasure of watching my Jets get humiliated in front of the whole world. You've had to sit through it four times, which is as often as anyone as had to suffer though that.

Watching your team lose the Super Bowl must be like getting kicked repeatedly in the nuts. At least that's what Garb told me.

Wes didn't have a choice. You have no idea what your beloved Wes would have done if Danny Snyder had made him a ridiculous offer.

Chances are you'd be on here telling us how he was never really all that good and was really just a product of the system and getting to play with Brady.....

David Tyree Says Hi..

Wez is a good player but he should have caught that ball, the Great ones don't drop them in the biggest game of their lifes.

He catches that pass and its the Pats that are World Champs.

I'm just glad it was not a Jets Reciever who dropped that ball , I can't imagine the melt down on this site it would be like the China Syndrom.

I can't imagine the meltdown this place would have if the Jets ever got to the Superbowl, nevermind lose one.

Zippy, my football season was extended. Sure, did not end the way I wanted it to, but boy, did they exceed my expectations.

Good luck with that Peanut Butter and Vingear Offense of yours. :)

Edited by Garb

I can't imagine the meltdown this place would have if the Jets ever got to the Superbowl, nevermind lose one.

Zippy, my football season was extended. Sure, did not end the way I wanted it to, but boy, did they exceed my expectations.

Good luck with that Peanut Butter and Vingear Offense of yours. :)

Zippy eh! - Still stings I see, 13-3 regular season and "boy did they exceed your expectations" What makes a wild card in your world 12-4?

Btw with your choke artists you don't need a juggernaut "O" to beat them, Just a mean pass rush to rattle the Ugg boots model, and a possession receiver that hands the other team the W they should never have even sniffed.

A month? It seriously took you a month to come up with a comeback and this is the best you could do?

I've never once in my life had the displeasure of watching my Jets get humiliated in front of the whole world. You've had to sit through it four times, which is as often as anyone as had to suffer though that.

Watching your team lose the Super Bowl must be like getting kicked repeatedly in the nuts. At least that's what Garb told me.

No, the Jets have never been humiliated in front of the whole world!

Funny.

They haven't been. Monday Night Football doesn't get remotely the audience that the SB gets, duh.

This has to be the funniest arguement I've ever seen on a message board.

"My team hasn't been good enough to get to the big game in my lifetime, therefore they have never lost one, so I'm better off than you."

Seriously, can't make this crap up.

This has to be the funniest arguement I've ever seen on a message board.

"My team hasn't been good enough to get to the big game in my lifetime, therefore they have never lost one, so I'm better off than you."

Seriously, can't make this crap up.

Welcome

This place is a comedy club. Have a seat up front, this guys just the opening act.

fuck_you_i__m_a_bird_by_knbetz-d4rm3ww.png

• Upvote 2

I think he's a short white guy on the wrong side of 30 who just dropped the single most important pass that will ever be thrown in his direction.

I'm thrilled the Pats tagged him. That's about 5 million less that they can spend on upgrading their defense. :yes:

If Welker was on the Jets making 100 catches every season we'd already be making a statue of him for the HOF.

I misjudged how much the Pats valued him. Maybe had they kept Richard Seymour Welker would have a ring by now.

You have to admit, this is out of character for the Pats. They normally expect their guys to play for below market value and then let them test the market.

Whatever your opinion of Welker, not their stars.

Tom has been well paid. Vince is well paid. Mankins is well paid. Seymour was even paid at the market level on his extension. Even Adalius Thomas got good money.

They use it to control them. And Welker's production put him in that category.

• 6 months later...