Vince Young

Blackout

joseph addai, frank gore, adrian peterson, shaun alexander, brian westbrook

theres 5 guys i'd rather have than LT this year.

What does that mean? This year? Of course, they are all having better years, so far. The season is three weeks old. Are you saying all five of these guys are better than LT? That's insane. If you are saying they are all having better years, so far, that is not exactly newsworthy.

joseph addai, frank gore, adrian peterson, shaun alexander, brian westbrook

theres 5 guys i'd rather have than LT this year.

Put LT in Indy, and he would have doubled Addai's numbers, the other four i'm just going to pretend i didn't see.

LT is not only the best RB in the league, but it isn't even close.

Put LT in Indy, and he would have doubled Addai's numbers, the other four i'm just going to pretend i didn't see.

LT is not only the best RB in the league, but it isn't even close.

Addai is simply a product of Peyton Manning... He is nto better than LT... that is a joke... put LT on the Colts and he will get 7.5YPC

STOP STEALING MY LINES!!!!

:Banane43:

The media had all the stupid people convinced that VY sucked and Bush was the second coming of Gale Sayers. It became obvious around draft time that people refuse to think for themselves and believe what they see with their own eyes, and far prefer to vociferously defend a viewpoint handed to them by the media. You'd think this board is a bit more educated than the average football fan, but the nonsense that we had to sit through a few years back pretty much disproved that. Sure there are a few people that do think for themselves, but for the most part the media easily manipulates everyone.

The funniest thing to me was the Mario Williams hate. The Texans have clearly come out better than the Saints, and everyone and their mother was busy convincing themselves they are smarter than the Texans are. It's a good thing neither the Titans or Texans listen to the "experts" that just sit on TV and don't actually run teams, or they'd be sitting with Bush and Leinart and probably be 0-3. Bush can be a decent WR in this league, I don't know why they don't just slit him out already and give up on this RB nonsense. He's too small and his acceleration is just too slow compared to the top guys in this league.

this is exactly the type of game Vince Young wins: bad defense, no playoff implications and big audience

I said this in my pre-draft evalution - he's a talented player and a beater of bad defenses

however if VY can beat a real top defense with somehting on the line, ill be suitably impressed

if he can win a championship (as a QB drafted 3 overall is expected to do) i will eat all the crow in the world

until that day comes he's a running QB who does just enough to make his team competative

and let's not forget there has never been a purely running QB in the history of the league who has won the super bowl - guys like Elway and Young had long since established themselves as passers by the time they won it.

this is exactly the type of game Vince Young wins: bad defense, no playoff implications and big audience

I said this in my pre-draft evalution - he's a talented player and a beater of bad defenses

however if VY can beat a real top defense with somehting on the line, ill be suitably impressed

if he can win a championship (as a QB drafted 3 overall is expected to do) i will eat all the crow in the world

until that day comes he's a running QB who does just enough to make his team competative

and let's not forget there has never been a purely running QB in the history of the league who has won the super bowl - guys like Elway and Young had long since established themselves as passers by the time they won it.

Jacksonville in week 1??

You are backpeddling. You and many others said and/or suggested he would never be even a decent NFL QB for various reason including that you thought he was too stupid.

ALK, I remember how after the Rose Bowl me and you were the only ones on here who thought Young would be a great NFL QB.
...And Me , check the old threads ,I always felt he had what it take s to win the big one ,he has been winning since high school.The kid probaly hasn't lost more than 20 games in his whole career since HS.Vince is the real deal.

You are backpeddling. You and many others said and/or suggested he would never be even a decent NFL QB for various reason including that you thought he was too stupid.

Yep, that was the night that I was sold on him. Until then I thought he was nothing special.

...And Me , check the old threads ,I always felt he had what it take s to win the big one ,he has been winning since high school.The kid probaly hasn't lost more than 20 games in his whole career since HS.Vince is the real deal.

After that game i had him pegged as being far better than Leinart. Lets be honest, Texas was very outmatched that game, but won because a few players really stepped up, Young, Huff, plenty others. In contrast the USC boys fell apart.

Scouts had a tremendous tool in looking at that game, to be able and say, Leinart will NOT put a team on his back, and demand victory.

Young can.

There are so many people on this site that cant admit that they were wrong.

"Bbbbut he can only beat bad defenses"

Young's a good player and will only get better.

If you are ever looking for a poster to be wrong...check out my game predictions this year...ouch. :cool:

BTW, young will be able to beat the good defenses, he seems to be the real deal.

After that game i had him pegged as being far better than Leinart. Lets be honest, Texas was very outmatched that game, but won because a few players really stepped up, Young, Huff, plenty others. In contrast the USC boys fell apart.

Scouts had a tremendous tool in looking at that game, to be able and say, Leinart will NOT put a team on his back, and demand victory.

Young can.

Don't give me that bull****, just ask Troll how much I've supported VY, we've gotten into huge arguments. He probably doesn't even remember the rest of you guys giving yourselves a circle jerk now. I only remember you (drago) ever backing me up. As for that Rose Bowl thread, I think I just might have the most posts in it too.

i've never said he wouldn't win games. go back and search the site. I said specifically he would beat bad defenses and sell jerseys. But 3 overall is expected to win a ring, i don't know that young has that in him.

It was impressive, the way he torched that impenetrable Saints defense.

Honestly, with NO's crappy D combined with their offense giving the ball back 4x in the first 57 minutes, Tennessee's offense should have been able to generate more than 24 points if Young was this end-all of offensive power.

He played a good game. But saying that it means he will be in the HOF holds as much merit as saying there should be a QB controversy in Tennessee b/c Kerry Collins completed 100% of his passes.

What type of thread would we have to read if the name on the QB's jersey in Dallas said "YOUNG" instead of "ROMO"? Would he be already anointed as the greatest QB who ever walked the earth? Quite possibly.

Speaking of which, I heard him speak on a pre-taped spot they showed during the game, and his Engish has dramatically improved. Good for him!

Archived