As Much as I HATE Chad "I Can't Cut It" Pennington

Smizzy

I can't stand the guy and I hope he never,ever throws another pass as a NY Jet but we would be fools to trade him. If Clemens is our guy we still need a viable backup...someone who knows the system and the playbook. Tui isn't that guy...We would be complete idiots to trade the guy. If the move is to start Kellen Clemens...it is vital we keep Penny on the bench behind him for the rest of the season anyway.

We don't want to be in a position like Carolina or Arizona...with no QB and bringing guys off the street to run the team.

If we could get a bag of dicks for Chad Pennington, I would take it.

How much worse can Tui be? This isn't a playoff team anyway. Let Brad Smith be the backup. I don't give a ****.

Nobody is going to give us anything worth a small bag of dicks for Penny....he would be worth more helping Clemens from the sideline...he would be vaulable there...more so that Tui

Nobody is going to give us anything worth a small bag of dicks for Penny....he would be worth more helping Clemens from the sideline...he would be vaulable there...more so that Tui

I don't want a ****ty QB teaching Clemens anything.

What is he going to teach him? How to throw to your checkdowns all the time and run a steaming vagina of an offense? How to run to the line on third and short and do a QB sneak?

Having Chad stick around to teach Kellen is the equivalent of having Paul Hackett in KC's ear. It can do a lot more harm than good. We don't need anyone teaching Kellen how to be a huge pussy.

What is he going to teach him? How to throw to your checkdowns all the time and run a steaming vagina of an offense? How to run to the line on third and short and do a QB sneak?

Having Chad stick around to teach Kellen is the equivalent of having Paul Hackett in KC's ear. It can do a lot more harm than good. We don't need anyone teaching Kellen how to be a huge pussy.

Chad could teach him how to grow his hair out.

I agree.

You want a QB coach, then hire a QB coach. Hire a former QB who wasn't afraid to throw the ball, and did it with success, as an asst coach. But don't use a QB who plays scared to teach a kid with a gun.

I want "fire it in there!" going through his head when he unleashes the ball, not "don't mess up! don't mess up!" Chad could turn him into a friggin' head case.

I"m sure he can help him read & break down defenses; he's got enough experience that I'm sure he knows that stuff cold. But as far as what to do with it as a result, that's where I want Chad far away from Clemens.

Before Chad`s assorted injuries ,he threw the ball down field ,so he knows how to do it and knows how to read defenses so he`d be able to teach he just won`t be able to demonstrate throwing a 25 yard plus pass...

I can't stand the guy and I hope he never,ever throws another pass as a NY Jet but we would be fools to trade him. If Clemens is our guy we still need a viable backup...someone who knows the system and the playbook. Tui isn't that guy...We would be complete idiots to trade the guy. If the move is to start Kellen Clemens...it is vital we keep Penny on the bench behind him for the rest of the season anyway.

We don't want to be in a position like Carolina or Arizona...with no QB and bringing guys off the street to run the team.

With ALL the a$$hole athletes out there, how could you HATE Chad? Did you HATE LJ on the Knicks. His back was shot, This once great "Grandmama" could NEVER could even dunk. We all still loved him, with his 6 point games.

Not wanting Chad to be our starting QB after the last three games is more than understandable, but "HATE"?

7.8 mil cap hit for a backup would not be worth it! I'd go with TUI as #2 and Ratliff as #3 for the rest of the year. Where are we going anyway? KELLEN neeeds time to develop and if he comes out TUI is talented and he too needs more experience! Ratliff has a cannon and can play! All 3 need experience. this is a young team. Lets fully develop the youth and dump the FARCE!

7.8 mil cap hit for a backup would not be worth it! I'd go with TUI as #2 and Ratliff as #3 for the rest of the year. Where are we going anyway? KELLEN neeeds time to develop and if he comes out TUI is talented and he too needs more experience! Ratliff has a cannon and can play! All 3 need experience. this is a young team. Lets fully develop the youth and dump the FARCE!

The "cap hit" usually comes from the signing bonus coming off the books all at once. I'm not sure of Pennington's figure because he restructured so often, but there is a good chance he'll cost us as much to cut as to keep.

With ALL the a$$hole athletes out there, how could you HATE Chad? Did you HATE LJ on the Knicks. His back was shot, This once great "Grandmama" could NEVER could even dunk. We all still loved him, with his 6 point games.

Not wanting Chad to be our starting QB after the last three games is more than understandable, but "HATE"?

Chad got paid $64 million to poison my team for eight years.

I hate the son of a bitch too.

=D> :Chad got paid $64 million to poison my team for eight years.

I hate the son of a bitch too.:

Yea b/c if you were Chad you would have said, you know I don't think Im deserving of this salary and my play will probably diminish in a few years....

Hate the guy who wrote him the contract, or the coach who keeps playing him even though its obvious he isnt effective, but to say you HATE the guy who basically sacrificed his career to come back early from injury, then took a paycut to help out the team you are allegedly a fan of all the while working his ass off, never complaining and doing all he can to help the team, is about as asinine as a statement as one can make. Not too mention the guy is always spoken of in the highest regard from coaches and teammates and does constant charity work, but hey lets HATE the person b/c he cant play quarterback as well as oh 50 other people in the country. Fans like you are so disgusting, people who cant distinguish the fact that youre rooting for a player in a ****ing game, the guy is doing all he can out there, its Mangini's fault he is still playing or Bradway's fault he got an extension after 10 or so games in 02.

These are the reasons Id prefer to watch/root for the Jets, hope to see KC every Sunday, but stay away from this site b/c of statements like this...

God forbid we ever support someone who sacrificed a career for this team as opposed to calling his mother a bitch....get a life.

Yea b/c if you were Chad you would have said, you know I don't think Im deserving of this salary and my play will probably diminish in a few years....

Hate the guy who wrote him the contract, or the coach who keeps playing him even though its obvious he isnt effective, but to say you HATE the guy who basically sacrificed his career to come back early from injury, then took a paycut to help out the team you are allegedly a fan of all the while working his ass off, never complaining and doing all he can to help the team, is about as asinine as a statement as one can make. Not too mention the guy is always spoken of in the highest regard from coaches and teammates and does constant charity work, but hey lets HATE the person b/c he cant play quarterback as well as oh 50 other people in the country. Fans like you are so disgusting, people who cant distinguish the fact that youre rooting for a player in a ****ing game, the guy is doing all he can out there, its Mangini's fault he is still playing or Bradway's fault he got an extension after 10 or so games in 02.

These are the reasons Id prefer to watch/root for the Jets, hope to see KC every Sunday, but stay away from this site b/c of statements like this...

God forbid we ever support someone who sacrificed a career for this team as opposed to calling his mother a bitch....get a life.

You know what? I don't give a **** what Pennington "sacrificed". I'm supposed to feel sorry for the guy? **** that. Pennington has $64 million to dry his tears with.

That was my point. Not that he shouldn't have taken the contract. He has been hurting my favorite team for years. He has set the franchise back, all because he had one good 10-game stretch five years ago. Oh, but he hurt his arm. Pity the poor baby. I am not allowed to hate him for all the pain he has caused me over the years. Even though he got paid more money than I will ever see, I should never speak ill of him for doing his job, doing it poorly, and getting paid a ridiculous amount for it. As if he is the only Jet that tries hard. I bet Reggie Tounge, Kimo, and Doug Brien all tried their asses off, but most Jets fans still hated them.

BTW, if Chad was such a team-first, sacrificial lamb to the good of the New York Jets, he would go to Mangini and tell him to sit his ass on the bench.

You know what? I don't give a **** what Pennington "sacrificed". I'm supposed to feel sorry for the guy? **** that. Pennington has $64 million to dry his tears with.

That was my point. Not that he shouldn't have taken the contract. He has been hurting my favorite team for years. He has set the franchise back, all because he had one good 10-game stretch five years ago. Oh, but he hurt his arm. Pity the poor baby. I am not allowed to hate him for all the pain he has caused me over the years. Even though he got paid more money than I will ever see, I should never speak ill of him for doing his job, doing it poorly, and getting paid a ridiculous amount for it. As if he is the only Jet that tries hard. I bet Reggie Tounge, Kimo, and Doug Brien all tried their asses off, but most Jets fans still hated them.

BTW, if Chad was such a team-first, sacrificial lamb to the good of the New York Jets, he would go to Mangini and tell him to sit his ass on the bench.

POTW nomination. Outstanding!

What paycut? He had it turned into incentives, all he had to do was start 10 games and he wouldn't lose a cent. Pennington has made every penny on that contract.

If you have to make up facts to support your position, maybe you SHOULD avoid the site to protect your poor little feelings. People are going to throw facts in your face and clearly that annoys you.

Chad Pennington has not made one red cent less than his original 2004 contract called for.

He was scheduled to make $36,000,000 from 2004-2007

2004: $19,000,000

2005: $ 3,000,000

2006: $ 9,000,000

2007: $ 5,000,000

He has been paid $36,000,000 from 2004-2007

Where was this phantom pay cut?

Thank you very much. I don't give two s**ts about what these a**holes are saying, it's incredible that somebody can have so much hate for an individual that never did a damn thing to them. I don't care how much money Pennington made, so what he didn't take a pay cut, he did restructure his contract and hit the incentives that were laid before him to earn that money back.

As far as Chad poisoning the team for eight years, that's the biggest load of crap I have ever heard....First of all, he didn't even play until '02 and second of all, he led the team to the playoffs multiple times. Everybody wants to rag on Pennington and say boo hoo, I hurt my arm....it's not the fact that he hurt his arm, it's the fact that he hurt his arm, continued to win games and take the team to the playoffs, had shoulder surgery in the offseason, came back and hurt his arm again...had yet another surgery and came back to take the team back to the playoffs again. Some people are just too freaking ridiculous.

And before anybody jumps on me for being a Chad lover, I am not...I desperately want Clemens to start, I just can't stand all these cry babies whining about Chad Pennington and how he ripped their hearts out....get the f**k over it.

Chad Pennington has not made one red cent less than his original 2004 contract called for.

He was scheduled to make $36,000,000 from 2004-2007

He has been paid $36,000,000 from 2004-2007

Where was this phantom pay cut?

That's not really fair is it? He restructured his deal so that if he didn't win the job last year he'd have gotten a significant cut. That's the NLBE incentives you spoke about earlier. He came in and won the starting job. It's not his fault he was better than a rookie and a ****ty journeyman.

This doesn't mean Troll and others can't/shouldn't hate him, but he still did the team a favor. He could have forced their hand and they would have either had significant cap trouble last year or they'd have cut him and he'd have signed on elsewhere and that huge signing bonus would have been accelerated.

That's not really fair is it? He restructured his deal so that if he didn't win the job last year he'd have gotten a significant cut. That's the NLBE incentives you spoke about earlier. He came in and won the starting job. It's not his fault he was better than a rookie and a ****ty journeyman.

This doesn't mean Troll and others can't/shouldn't hate him, but he still did the team a favor. He could have forced their hand and they would have either had significant cap trouble last year or they'd have cut him and he'd have signed on elsewhere and that huge signing bonus would have been accelerated.

Depends on your point of view. The other way of looking at it is he did himself a far bigger favor than the Jets did him.

Let's say the Jets cut him:

If Pennington came back from injury, he wasn't going to make $9M last season from anyone for simply starting a measly 10 games in '06. Further, most teams that would have been in the market for his services were teams that were BAD - teams who were in need of a starting QB. So don't assume another team would have stuck with him through 7 straight games of under 200 passing yards like the Jets did.

If he didn't come back - and keep in mind he could barely use his right arm to sign the papers at the time - then he would have gotten ZERO on the open market. But we did him this favor, so even if he didn't come back for us last year, he still would walked away with a $3M roster bonus & $600K salary for playing zero games.

We did Chad a far, far bigger favor last March by allowing him to restructure than he did us. If he got cut then, we'd have had a tougher time with the cap out of the gate, but this year we'd have had an extra $13,000,000 in cap room. There's your Adalius Thomas money. There's your FA OG (Steinbach/Dockery/Davis) money.

Archived