No bashing Nugent today from the JN crew? Bahaha SHOVE IT

3-for-3 and a touchback.

Bite me.

:Typotux:

You can't praise him when he kicks well, but you sure can jump on him when he misses one out of four.

You know I like Nuge... but why praise him for doing what people expect of a 2nd round kicker?

Last years streak was worthy of praise... this year he has not earned it..

And deprive 124 of seeing charlie brown-nugent flip upside down trying to kick a 40 yarder? that would suck, lol

Put Put only led the offense to two of the three FG's. Hank Poteat was the reason for one of them.

I'm just sayin'.

:beer:

I wish I'm wrong, but Nugent is a bit overrated on this board.

Thus far in his career yes, but we are only in year 3, a good kicker can have a career for over 10 seasons easy. Of course I really hope he turns out to be an automatic clutch kicker for years for the jets, as i hope every player on the team is the best, but yeah, thus far he is nothing spectacular and certainly not a player to get overly excited about. Thats my opinion anyway.

I wish I'm wrong, but Nugent is a bit overrated on this board.

Not by all. Nugent is turning out to be a good kicker. I don't see a Pro Bowl in store for him in the next year or two. But he is definitely a good kicker.

Worth the pick? What kicker could live up to that really. We shouldn't even penalize him for something Terry Bradway did. That's not even fair.

It is Terry Bradway we are talking about here people!

Not by all. Nugent is turning out to be a good kicker. I don't see a Pro Bowl in store for him in the next year or two. But he is definitely a good kicker.

Worth the pick? What kicker could live up to that really. We shouldn't even penalize him for something Terry Bradway did. That's not even fair.

It is Terry Bradway we are talking about here people!

POTW Nom. Nugent is a VERY good kicker and we cannot fault him for Terry Bradway selecting him in the 2nd round. One day he will be a Pro Bowl kicker, but I don't see it happening until Adam Vinatieri retires or goes to an NFC team. Just won't happen.

POTW Nom. Nugent is a VERY good kicker and we cannot fault him for Terry Bradway selecting him in the 2nd round. One day he will be a Pro Bowl kicker, but I don't see it happening until Adam Vinatieri retires or goes to an NFC team. Just won't happen.

No he isn't. Read what Max said, hes turning into a good kicker. Nugent hasn't accomplished yet. Would you trust Nugent to kick a 53 yarder for a game winner ? No

No he isn't. Read what Max said, hes turning into a good kicker. Nugent hasn't accomplished yet. Would you trust Nugent to kick a 53 yarder for a game winner ? No

Would I? Let me answer first. My answer is Yes. Yours might be no, but mine is yes. Mike Nugent so far is 1-for-2 in game winners so far in the NFL and in College he hit countless amounts of game winners. I believe in him when its a clutch situation. There is no reason not too in my opinion.

Would I? Let me answer first. My answer is Yes. Yours might be no, but mine is yes. Mike Nugent so far is 1-for-2 in game winners so far in the NFL and in College he hit countless amounts of game winners. I believe in him when its a clutch situation. There is no reason not too in my opinion.

I'm sorry, I think Mike Nugent is in the Nation Football League. Things are a little bit different around here.

I'm sorry, I think Mike Nugent is in the Nation Football League. Things are a little bit different around here.

You mean the National Football League?:P

A clutch kick is a clutch kick. Are you telling me that Ohio State isn't a pressure place to kick / play at? A school that is annually a Top 10 team? The guy can hit the clutch kick.

And herein lies lies the problem with the new NFL fan.

The new fan is a guy who follows his "fantasy football guys". People have been known to root for limited success of players of their favorite team, purely for their fantasy team's sake.

We have people who are "Message Board Geniuses", staking their Message Board GM abilities on the success (or failure) of any given football player.

You have people that root for losses at the end of the season, just so it increases their chances of their team drafting early, and they can draft Joe Bob Somebody from I Hate U

and fill out their draft card precisely.

Every fan comes to the table with a different team agenda. No longer is the final score, the final score. It has to be dissected into "I told you so" and "Boy were you wrong on that one".

Team sport. Pfffft. Certainly not from a fan perspective anymore.

Wins and losses are based on reputation points and Chest thumping. I will top your avitar with a post from December 23rd 2003. See how smart I am.

I yearn for simplier times. Then again, I am a fool.

And herein lies lies the problem with the new NFL fan.

The new fan is a guy who follows his "fantasy football guys". People have been known to root for limited success of players of their favorite team, purely for their fantasy team's sake.

We have people who are "Message Board Geniuses", staking their Message Board GM abilities on the success (or failure) of any given football player.

You have people that root for losses at the end of the season, just so it increases their chances of their team drafting early, and they can draft Joe Bob Somebody from I Hate U

and fill out their draft card precisely.

Every fan comes to the table with a different team agenda. No longer is the final score, the final score. It has to be dissected into "I told you so" and "Boy were you wrong on that one".

Team sport. Pfffft. Certainly not from a fan perspective anymore.

Wins and losses are based on reputation points and Chest thumping. I will top your avitar with a post from December 23rd 2003. See how smart I am.

I yearn for simplier times. Then again, I am a fool.

POTW nom

I agree 100%

so wait Nugent did what he was supposed to do and now he should get medals? and the missed kicks that changed momentum in games should be ignored? typical Jets fans

I still don't understand how 2nd quarter missed field goals are able to change the game so drastically.

it is called momentum..extending a lead which could cause a team to change their play calling..but then again the Jets defense blows so teams probably do not need to do that. Regardless Nuge made all of his kicks this week kudos to him.. team mvp

3-for-3 and a touchback.

Bite me.

:Typotux:

You can't praise him when he kicks well, but you sure can jump on him when he misses one out of four.

Hello ? Anyone home? We lost the game. Yeah lets celebrate the fact that Nuge DIDN'T cost us the win. :thumbup::love0030::yahoo:

Hello ? Anyone home? We lost the game. Yeah lets celebrate the fact that Nuge DIDN'T cost us the win. :thumbup::love0030::yahoo:

He hasn't yet all season, yet people like jumping on him as soon as he goes 3-for-4 with 2 touchbacks in a 16-9 loss.

Or when he missed a field goal in the 2nd quarter in Buffalo and Chad Pennington gives the Bills 7 points in the 4th quarter and then throws an interception with 10 seconds remaining with the Jets close to Nugent's range.

You wanna jump on him when he goes 3-for-4? Fine. Then when he goes 3-for-3 I'm going to celebrate it.

Meh. He was only 3-for-3 b/c we didn't give him a potential game-winning 4th attempt.

Hardly the worst kicker in the league. Pretty middle-of-the-pack. If we didn't use a first-round pick on a Nugent/Jolley/Houston combo I don't think his criticism would be as great.

I will say this; at the time he made all 3 FG's, it was a close game. Let's see him keep it up. This is a contract year of sorts for Nugent. Most players get locked up before their last year begins. Don't know if that applies to kickers. I doubt it applies to Nuge since he certainly hasn't been lights-out this year. I think they'll let him play out 2008 and if he's worth it, make him an extension offer during the season like they did with BT.

Archived