Enough with the Shenanigans

4HCrew

Can this regime cut out the nonsense with the secracy, privacy and arrogance. All you are doing is coming off like morons when you have proved next to nothing in this league. How about you figure out why the hell your defense cannot stop back up running backs and why everyone including my blind turtle can figure out your conservative weak offensive game plans. Enough already with this...you are not the Patriots, your name is not Parcells and YOU ARE 1-6

I give Mangini a third year. If this team is playing like it is this year, next year, then he's gone. Bill Cowher isn't coming back into coaching until 2009 and if Mangini struggles again next year, you couldn't pick a better time for Cowher to come out of retirement.

Alot of people on the board were prasing the FO and Mangini laike they were the saviors of the franchise. Now they want them out of here. The Kid was not a genius and our record was obviously a product of our schedule seeing as the team is pretty much the same team that went 10-6 hell with the exception of the loos of Pete Kendall you can say on paper we are better...

Alot of people on the board were prasing the FO and Mangini laike they were the saviors of the franchise. Now they want them out of here. The Kid was not a genius and our record was obviously a product of our schedule seeing as the team is pretty much the same team that went 10-6 hell with the exception of the loos of Pete Kendall you can say on paper we are better...

The FO has done a TERRIBLE job the past 2 years in the trade and FA markets. That has nothing to do with Mangini.

The FO has done a TERRIBLE job the past 2 years in the trade and FA markets. That has nothing to do with Mangini.

Our free agent signings have just about been a bust these two years-when that happens you are in for a season like this.

You are sadly mistaken if you do not believe that Mangini and Tannenbaum consult very closely on any player that becomes a member of teh new York jets.

Mangini has a stamp of approval of any player that is signed or is drafted. His hands are all over this roster.

The only good FA signings I can think of so far are Andre Dyson, who has been out of favor and injured this year, and Kenyon Coleman, who is our best 34 Defensive Lineman. Other then that, who have we went out and signed on the FA market that has worked out?

Where is David Bowens?

The only good FA signings I can think of so far are Andre Dyson, who has been out of favor and injured this year, and Kenyon Coleman, who is our best 34 Defensive Lineman. Other then that, who have we went out and signed on the FA market that has worked out?

Where is David Bowens?

Dyson is so terrible that he can't even push Barrett the human turnstile for playing time.

Dyson is so terrible that he can't even push Barrett the human turnstile for playing time.

He's been hurt and like Justin McCareins is in Mangini's doghouse.

I really want to see more of Drew Coleman, enough of Hank Poteat. I know he has an interception in his last two games, but I want to see what Coleman has back there. We saw him last year and he didn't do too bad for a 6th round rookie. STICK HIM IN THERE MANGINI!

He's been hurt and like Justin McCareins is in Mangini's doghouse.

I really want to see more of Drew Coleman, enough of Hank Poteat. I know he has an interception in his last two games, but I want to see what Coleman has back there. We saw him last year and he didn't do too bad for a 6th round rookie. STICK HIM IN THERE MANGINI!

Dyson missed 3 tackles in 2 games that each lead to TD's. I don't care how hurt you are thats unacceptable and embarrassing. Him and Jmac are in the doghouse because they SUCK. They have each cost us games this year.

Can this regime cut out the nonsense with the secracy, privacy and arrogance. All you are doing is coming off like morons when you have proved next to nothing in this league. How about you figure out why the hell your defense cannot stop back up running backs and why everyone including my blind turtle can figure out your conservative weak offensive game plans. Enough already with this...you are not the Patriots, your name is not Parcells and YOU ARE 1-6

Wednesday, October 24, 2007

By J.P. PELZMAN, Bergen Record

Coach Eric Mangini keeps bemoaning the Jets' "inconsistency" during their current four-game losing streak.

But more likely, this simply is who the Jets are in 2007, as they have been unable to match what the 2006 team did. And for that, general manager Mike Tannenbaum has to take some heat.

During the off-season, a New England organization that lost in the AFC Championship Game made major moves.

Meanwhile, the Jets, who lost to the Patriots in the wild-card round, seemed content to just tweak their team, as if it were only a couple of players away from a Super Bowl appearance.

Here were the major free agent signings the Jets made in March: fullback Darian Barnes (a good blocking back who has fewer offensive touches this season than center Nick Mangold), linebacker David Bowens (a situational pass rusher who has been underutilized), quarterback Marques Tuiasosopo (an insurance policy) and defensive end Kenyon Coleman (a career backup who fits the 3-4 well). The Jets reportedly entered the season about $10 million under the salary cap.

The only way I'd be comfortable with Mangini staying on as head coach is if he has zero say in personnel decisions.

I'm tired of the Schlegals, the Kimos, the Kassells, the Chathams, the Thomas Jones', and the slow, less talented white guys - I mean "character" guys in general.

Get in a GM that has a clue of how to build a team. If Mangini doesn't like that, then let the new GM pick a new head coach.

The only way I'd be comfortable with Mangini staying on as head coach is if he has zero say in personnel decisions.

I'm tired of the Schlegals, the Kimos, the Kassells, the Chathams, the Thomas Jones', and the slow, less talented white guys - I mean "character" guys in general.

Get in a GM that has a clue of how to build a team. If Mangini doesn't like that, then let the new GM pick a new head coach.

Mangini is trying to build a culture here. He must have say in the personnel decisions. I think any coach should. He is insisting on a certain kind of player to play a certain kind of system. Maybe some of the guys are rebelling against that. Maybe Mangini is a just a ****ty coach, but if you strip him of his player input he's not getting a fair shake. I think he gets this year and next. If things don't turn for the better next season he's out. Why keep him on if you neuter him anyway? It's not like his play calling, offensive or defensive systems are so stellar.

Wednesday, October 24, 2007

By J.P. PELZMAN, Bergen Record

Coach Eric Mangini keeps bemoaning the Jets' "inconsistency" during their current four-game losing streak.

Enough of this bullsh1t!

What does he think, other teams dont make physical and mental mistakes?

Get over it, and make some better coaching decisions and playcalls on fourth down. What a clown.

I see the handwriting on the wall very clearly from this a0hole. He is the type that is going to continuously throw players under the bus.

The Jets reportedly entered the season about $10 million under the salary cap.

As long as they dont want to spend money, arguing there isnt enough talent is spitting in the wind. They can raise prices but cant spend the cap allotment on QUALITY FAs?

meh

Mangini is trying to build a culture here. He must have say in the personnel decisions. I think any coach should. He is insisting on a certain kind of player to play a certain kind of system. Maybe some of the guys are rebelling against that. Maybe Mangini is a just a ****ty coach, but if you strip him of his player input he's not getting a fair shake. I think he gets this year and next. If things don't turn for the better next season he's out. Why keep him on if you neuter him anyway? It's not like his play calling, offensive or defensive systems are so stellar.

He needs to be neutered, or he needs to go.

If the Jets don't put some restrictions on him, this team will be in far worse shape in a couple years than it ever was with Herm. Hell, it will be NEXT YEAR, if he keeps trading draft picks for ****ty vets and signing scrap heap free agents.

couldn't agree with this more. this team values character WAY too much. you don't win with high character crap.

As long as they dont want to spend money, arguing there isnt enough talent is spitting in the wind. They can raise prices but cant spend the cap allotment on QUALITY FAs?

meh

Remember when i was saying this exact same thing and everyone was calling me insane?

Enough of this bullsh1t!

What does he think, other teams dont make physical and mental mistakes?

Get over it, and make some better coaching decisions and playcalls on fourth down. What a clown.

I see the handwriting on the wall very clearly from this a0hole. He is the type that is going to continuously throw players under the bus.

meh

Dam....you tricked the sensor's by putting the number 1 in your words. Crazy stuff.

Thank God none of you own the Jets. Just cant wait to see every one of you in here in 2 years when we win the division and are in the AFC championship game. But, then again y'all have amnesia anyway and just jump back on the Mangini bandwagon.

Haven't we heard this for the past 30 something years?

He needs to be neutered, or he needs to go.

If the Jets don't put some restrictions on him, this team will be in far worse shape in a couple years than it ever was with Herm. Hell, it will be NEXT YEAR, if he keeps trading draft picks for ****ty vets and signing scrap heap free agents.

Then you think he needs to go. IMO he deserves another off-season. If you want to have a good coach and put a new system in place sometimes you have to take your lumps. Somewhere I posted the worst seasons for some HOF coaches, it's not surprising that in his first two seasons a young 1st time head coach would have an extremely . I believe this team has made do with band-aids for too long and I'm willing to give Mangini more of a chance.

Most of this board (not making claims about the Troll) was singing Mangini's praises last year as if he were the second coming of Lombardi. Anybody who was one of that gang and calls for his head now needs to check themselves. I think 124 has the right idea. Ride with Mangini through 2008. If he ****s the bed again go after somebody new. Maybe Cowher. At least he runs a 3-4 and we won't be gutting the D. Again.

Remember when i was saying this exact same thing and everyone was calling me insane?

No, I don't remember that. I remember when you were screaming that they were idiots for not throwing a ton of money at Adalius Thomas. I agree that they should have spent money on the FA market and I am disgusted that they left money on the table, but I think people only called you insane because your criticism was premature. We didn't know that they weren't going to do anything. Just because you were right doesn't mean you're not insane.

;)

Archived