I'm excited for Kellen this week

K2C

If there was ever a test to be taken against an NFL defense for a young QB...this is it.

Pitt is ranked #1 in D in both points allowed (14 per) and yards allowed.

Let's see if Kellen gets rattled, or can put the pressure off his back.

Mangini will hopefully mimic the Cleveland game, in terms of putting up points. Edwards made some really nice catches, but other than that i didn't see how they attacked Pitt. I do think we will be able to put up points, but we will need coles to play, and Smith to hang onto the damn ball.

You feel excited for him?

I guess I'm the only one feeling slightly afraid for him.Sure its nice to see him tested, but I dont want to see him get killed!!

tru dat!

On a brighter note, after much testing this weekend, i formulated the Green Meanee. I will be serving a giant water jug of this tasty adult beverage at the tailgate in place of the keg of beer i usually have.

The best part of the game may be the tailgate and halftime ceremony.

don't forget the halftime ceremony that has been going on all season at the spirals, T-I-T-S ************. It has gotten crazy at halftime, but at least it is keeping the drunk masses from fighting. Actually, it is the best i have seen jets and opposing team fans mingle at halftime. The other week against the bills i was standing there and a bills fan was next to me with his friends and he was just going off about how great this was and how jets fans are the best. LOL, everyone loves (. Y .)

we already went through the fear of the opposing team thing when Kellen played baltimore, and looked what almost happened there. Granted baltimore Offense is not Pitts Offense im hoping after the Cleveland game they will have an offensive slump...even though the Cleveland game was their official 'slump' game after anhilating the Ravens the week before...actually forget what i said we are f*cked...:bag:

we already went through the fear of the opposing team thing when Kellen played baltimore, and looked what almost happened there. Granted baltimore Offense is not Pitts Offense im hoping after the Cleveland game they will have an offensive slump...even though the Cleveland game was their official 'slump' game after anhilating the Ravens the week before...actually forget what i said we are f*cked...:bag:

imagine if they had lost that game, all of their aggression would have be focused on the jets, definatly would have been ugly, which it could still be anyways.

if we're lucky they could be looking past us for the pats and maybe give us a shot. It wont be a great shot (they are the jets), but a shot nonetheless and maybe that is something this team could be able to take advantage of, though probably not.

Kellen will keep it close. There is no way pitt blows us out.

I wish I could agree.

How in the name of God will we stop the Steelers offence. They will run all day probably averaging like 9 yrds per carry and Ben will have all day to throw. Then when we do get to Ben, no way do we bring him down.

We're are in for a bad beating IMHO.:confused0082:

Lets just hope Kellen comes out of this game alive shall we?

Mangini has screwed any QB on this roster with his horrible coaching... and the FO has screwed them as well..

Chad, Kellen, Tui, Ratliff

They are all screwed

I hope the Jets march down the field and go up 7-0..... But after that, I have no faith that this defense can stop the Steelers offense.

I mean the Steelers are always known to run the ball. And Big Ben is having an MVP like season if it wasn't for Tom Brady... He has like 23 TDs already.

I think the best bet, if the Jets continue to play the way they've been, is for the Steelers to jump out to a 28-7 lead or something and then like many teams, they'll sit back and relax.

In all honesty I see the Jets losing 34-16.

The bye week is coming at a good time. It gives plenty of time to focus on some of the problems. Our offense isnt gelling enough and hopefully this 2 week practice will help us out. Last year we came out of the bye and our d started playing better. Pitt has been very solid thus far and it will make for an interesting game.

One potential bright spot will be our Defense can view first hand and up close what they should look like.

correct me if i'm wrong but i think tomlin switched them to a 43. Obviously after you switch your defense it takes you about a season and a half to really understand it...

oh wait...?

The Steelers are one of those physical teams that the Jets do not match up well against. (i.e Jacksonville, Baltimore).

I don't think though the Steelers will be taking out to the wood shed.

Last year after the bye Mangini and CO were able to retool the defense and they went on to play well the rest of the season. Will that happen again ? Don't know.

I do know though the Steelers defense will be sending everyone and then some after Clemens. It is a game where the Jets need to establish a running early and then STICK TO IT. Draws, screens, something to keep them semi-honest.

If the Jets line though doesn't make the proper adjustments Clemens won't finish the game.

Steelers 34

Jets 17

correct me if i'm wrong but i think tomlin switched them to a 43.

He did - and we're going to have the opportunity to have it in our face Sunday - or Kellen is anyway. The hope is that KC can get some throws off quick and accurately to spread em out. If not it's a long hard day for him, Jones, and Leon. Throw Baker into the mauling as well.

Archived