What's up now fools.

Barton

another guy who didn't even watch the game otherwise he would have known the Steelers were afraid of Leon and didn't kick to him all day-until that punt sheesh some of you guys are unbelieveable

What the hell are you talking about?

The poster I quoted said Leon Washington was THE reason the Jets won today. If you agree with that, I'd assume YOU were the one that didn't watch the damn game.

We played a great game today, especially the secondary. The sacks on big Ben came from great coverage. Clemens was very impressive and regardless of what other might think I really like him as our QB. I made a comment that he was struggling (which he was) and got killed for being a 'hater'. I love the kid to death and the way he responded at the end was just great. Overall a great performance and great win.

Just a pity it couldn't have come earlier.

weren't you the one that only started liking american football because of Chad Pennington?

Great D today, shades of last year after the bye. Chad would have yielded the same results,probably in regulation today the way they played. Hats off to the D as far as the "I told you Clemens is the man" I ain't buying that!

And, yes, even props to Mangini, he did something to motivate a 1-8 team with a bye, and

Chad has 9 4th quarter come from behind wins, now I'm not checking but I seriously doubt they were all under 500.

weren't you the one that only started liking american football because of Chad Pennington?

Great D today, shades of last year after the bye. Chad would have yielded the same results,probably in regulation today the way they played. Hats off to the D as far as the "I told you Clemens is the man" I ain't buying that!

And, yes, even props to Mangini, he did something to motivate a 1-8 team with a bye, and

Chad has 9 4th quarter come from behind wins, now I'm not checking but I seriously doubt they were all under 500.

Yes and no. I started watching in 2002 and I saw a few Jets games and I just stuck with thm from there on. Chads the main reason i'm a Jets fan, I'd say that had I saw a different team playing that really would have caught my eye like Chad and the Jets did, I wouldn't be a Jets fan right now.

A win's a win, no matter how ugly, but let's face facts: The Steelers played like dog**** and Clemens is the king of fourth quarter interceptions.

Hey, Steelers - don't look past us next time, you ****suckers.

The steelers played like dog sh#t or the Jets just outplayed them??

Clemens is the king of the 4th Q interception. Thats rich. Considering he's lead 3 4th Q game tying drives in all 3 of his starts!!

Clemens is the king of the 4th Q interception. Thats rich. Considering he's lead 3 4th Q game tying drives in all 3 of his starts!!

He would be even better with a real coach... Clemens is being held back... as is the rest of this team...

I don't get the "king of 4th quarter interceptions" theory.. The kid has started 3 games... He's driven the team down the field in each game.. He has a long way to go before being called a Pro Bowl QB, but come on now.... At this point it looks like KC has talent and will be the starting QB of the Jets next season.

To say he's the king of anything at this point after 3 games is ridiculous.

I don't get the "king of 4th quarter interceptions" theory.. The kid has started 3 games... He's driven the team down the field in each game.. He has a long way to go before being called a Pro Bowl QB, but come on now.... At this point it looks like KC has talent and will be the starting QB of the Jets next season.

To say he's the king of anything at this point after 3 games is ridiculous.

I didnt say that, bob the builder did.

It was a really stupid comment. But....I am not surprised.

Is anyone noticing the running lanes that loosened up a little with a QB who's a downfield threat? Just like I was told would NOT happen. And it happened against a team that hadn't given up 100 rushing yards to ANY RB in the NFL in two years.

Jones isn't a great back at all & wasn't worth what we gave up for him, but he'll do fine for the next couple of years. I see now how much worse off Minnesota was without the special talent - and he is a special talent - they have in Adrian Peterson. A dominant OL with a decent RB trumps a crappy OL with a stud RB. It's better to have both, of course. But I think too much is made of some of these players who would have looked very similar to Thomas Jones the first half of the season if they had to run behind this line with no downfield pass threat.

Still don't know where they're going to get a NT from, but this win was really friggin' enjoyable.

Is anyone noticing the running lanes that loosened up a little with a QB who's a downfield threat? Just like I was told would NOT happen. And it happened against a team that hadn't given up 100 rushing yards to ANY RB in the NFL in two years.

Jones isn't a great back at all & wasn't worth what we gave up for him, but he'll do fine for the next couple of years. I see now how much worse off Minnesota was without the special talent - and he is a special talent - they have in Adrian Peterson. A dominant OL with a decent RB trumps a crappy OL with a stud RB. It's better to have both, of course. But I think too much is made of some of these players who would have looked very similar to Thomas Jones the first half of the season if they had to run behind this line with no downfield pass threat.

Still don't know where they're going to get a NT from, but this win was really friggin' enjoyable.

LOL, Sperm your wrong. The D didn't loosen up at all. They were stacking the box every time however, like in the Philly game TJ was able to break a few tackles at the line and get into the secondary. He actually seems to run better when the box is crowded for whatever reason.

LOL, Sperm your wrong. The D didn't loosen up at all. They were stacking the box every time however, like in the Philly game TJ was able to break a few tackles at the line and get into the secondary. He actually seems to run better when the box is crowded for whatever reason.

Seemed like pretty tight coverage in the secondary to me. I don't have the game recorded to watch it again. But he seemed to have a little room to run today. Otherwise if he's just THAT good that he can do it all by himself, why are you clamoring for McFadden if we have such a stud already on the team?

Seemed like pretty tight coverage in the secondary to me. I don't have the game recorded to watch it again. But he seemed to have a little room to run today. Otherwise if he's just THAT good that he can do it all by himself, why are you clamoring for McFadden if we have such a stud already on the team?

I'd have to look at the numbers but it did seem like the Jets stayed with Jones in the second half for a change.

Jones has had some nice first halves but the Jets for whatever reason even with the lead would either go to Leon, throw the football all over the place or the D was playing so poorly that the few times the Jets had the ball they didn't go to Jones.

Jones did though have real nice game today which is good to see because if you are going to win the in NFL you have to...

1) Run the football

2) Play defense.

You'll notice I've not mentioned DMC since the game (except when I metioned that the Pats are going to get him) but can I just ask how does one great game make TJ a "stud". Also he is 31 next year and RB's very rarely play at a high level when they reach that age. He is not future at RB, but I'm at least convinced taht we don't have to go after DMC as much as I thought we did.

You're wrong IJ - they had a loose 7 man box on some line-ups but thats nothing like the fully stacked 8 a lot of teams threw at Penny for a lot of snaps.

I'd have to look at the numbers but it did seem like the Jets stayed with Jones in the second half for a change.

Jones has had some nice first halves but the Jets for whatever reason even with the lead would either go to Leon, throw the football all over the place or the D was playing so poorly that the few times the Jets had the ball they didn't go to Jones.

Jones did though have real nice game today which is good to see because if you are going to win the in NFL you have to...

1) Run the football

2) Play defense.

No argument here. Curious that they first finally stuck with him against the best run-defense we'll face all season. But I'll take it.

Jones isn't going to make anyone forget about Barry Sanders, but he played great behind a generally lousy run-blocking line against a top-notch run-defense.

The D looked WAY better than it has. Willie Parker had to have been absolutely salivating at the thought of playing the Jets. And our D absolutely man-handled him. What a turnaround for the run defense. And while Roethlisberger frequently had time to throw, 7 sacks is nothing to sneeze at. Even if they were largely coverage sacks, who cares? The end result was the same.

Very, very pleased.

1) Run the football

2) Play defense.

TJ had 14 rushes in the first half, and 16 in the second half.

He was stopped for no gain or one yard on several occasions, but they have to keep giving him the ball for him to be effective.

TJ had 14 rushes in the first half, and 16 in the second half.

He was stopped for no gain or one yard on several occasions, but they have to keep giving him the ball for him to be effective.

Amazing how much that helps the passing game... too bad they didnt do this from the start...

You'll notice I've not mentioned DMC since the game (except when I metioned that the Pats are going to get him) but can I just ask how does one great game make TJ a "stud". Also he is 31 next year and RB's very rarely play at a high level when they reach that age. He is not future at RB, but I'm at least convinced taht we don't have to go after DMC as much as I thought we did.

I was being sarcastic. Jones is NOT a stud. My point is you were saying that Pittsburgh was stacking the box all day against him. Well if the league's top run defense is stacking the box against you, and you've got a lousy run-blocking OL, and you still manage well over 100 yards against them, then you certainly look like a stud. No one else in the league, no matter how talented, has managed to accomplish that for a couple of years.

And he is not 31 next year either. He just turned 29 less than 3 months ago. How is he suddenly 31 next season?

Arent you talking to Barton and his? I am responding to his agenda... stop being bias... you let everyone hate on Chad... let me hate on Mangini...

Chad was never good enough for people... and I am allowed to feel the same way about Mangini...

I've been a Chad fan and supported him all year when everyone else was screaming for his head, but I just have to say this:

Nothing Mangini does from here on out will ever satisfy you because he benched your favorite player. You really need to get over the fact that Chad isn't the starter anymore. We won the game. Grow the **** up and get over your hatred over the coach benching your favorite player.

So making a "bait" thread without any names is better? We all know who Barton *hinks* were acting like fools...

People riped Chad to shreds for far less than what Mangini has done...

3 3rd and goals... 3 FG's

CS is a problem... and I have talked less about it than barton did about Chad... much less

WTF???

Our RB just went over 100 yards for the first time against this defense in over 30 games. We sacked Big Ben 7 times and it could have been more had he not eluded the rushers. Remember, this was the #1 rated defense in every damn category. They were giving up just over 200 yards a game on offense, and we got nearly 300.

I think the CS did a great job in getting these guys ready to play. There was an obvious adjustment made to this team since before the bye. Well, obvious to anyone who isn't bitter about the coach benching his favorite player.

You're wrong IJ - they had a loose 7 man box on some line-ups but thats nothing like the fully stacked 8 a lot of teams threw at Penny for a lot of snaps.

And on a lot of plays they had 8 and sometimes 9 guys at the LOS. Until Clemens starts connecting on more of his longer passes, he's going to keep seeing people crowd the line. Just being able to throw it long isn't enough. He needs to complete more of his longer throws. Then I think teams will back off a little.

Archived