Dumber coach.....Kotite, Edwards or Mangini???

PETROCK

After the kicking the FG on 4th & 10 when they should have tried for a 1st down proves that Maningi is the dumbest & most gutless coach the Jets have ever had.

I believe that Bill Parcells once said that you are who your records says you are (or something to that effect). Certainly, this is a Kotite like season and though I believe that Mangini is a slightly better coach, he has made countless mistakes both with his choice of "Character" players and with game planning/adjustments. Weren't Walton's teams also full of character players? At this point, I wouldn't mind having a character owner.......

I said it last year, I said it after we were 1-2.....Mangini is a nice guy but he is NOT the answer.

We need a proven winner, we need or better put Woody needs to shell out the millions and get either:

1. Parcells in here.

or

2. Cower.

I will put it like this, wait till we play the Pats this coming sunday. The only way Mangini can save his "face" in this organization is you have your team ready to play and you beat the Pats. End of story, no more excuses, no more we are improving, no more this, that or the other thing.

Once the season ends at 3-13, blow his fat freakin ass with the rest of his coaching staff out of here.....as an end note.....it's 3rd and 17, and we've got Kellen throwing a 6 yard pass... WTF is that......

So, some of us are giving up on Mangini after two years already? Here's my take on the Mangini School of Teaching. He has a plan, a plan that certain players need to conform in. He will stick to that plan until he gets the players necessary to execute said plan. That means, no drastic type game to game changes (we run the same system with Chad and Kellen on offense) and on defense, a few change ups here and there, but again, nothing drastic.

He said it was going to be an ongoing process going into this HC job...let's see what happens next year when we get more of the "Mangini type of players" in here before we blow another HC out of here....:elmer:

I said it last year, I said it after we were 1-2.....Mangini is a nice guy but he is NOT the answer.

We need a proven winner, we need or better put Woody needs to shell out the millions and get either:

1. Parcells in here.

or

2. Cower.

I will put it like this, wait till we play the Pats this coming sunday. The only way Mangini can save his "face" in this organization is you have your team ready to play and you beat the Pats. End of story, no more excuses, no more we are improving, no more this, that or the other thing.

Once the season ends at 3-13, blow his fat freakin ass with the rest of his coaching staff out of here.....as an end note.....it's 3rd and 17, and we've got Kellen throwing a 6 yard pass... WTF is that......

It will not happen.

Cower will end up with an organization that actually wants to win next season, and we'll be in the perennial "Rebuilding" mode. Woody's track record so far is 3 coaches, none with HC experience and only one with coordinating experience and at that, limited to one year. Woody has done zero with our team. Granted he may not be a "Football" person but, he has made no attempt to place the right people at the top. Our GM is a better fit in an accounting office and our coach (though extremely dedicated) may lack the experience to be a good coach any time soon.

In my honest opinion, we're back to being the same old Jets, and we may have to stay there for a long while.

So, some of us are giving up on Mangini after two years already? Here's my take on the Mangini School of Teaching. He has a plan, a plan that certain players need to conform in. He will stick to that plan until he gets the players necessary to execute said plan. That means, no drastic type game to game changes (we run the same system with Chad and Kellen on offense) and on defense, a few change ups here and there, but again, nothing drastic.

He said it was going to be an ongoing process going into this HC job...let's see what happens next year when we get more of the "Mangini type of players" in here before we blow another HC out of here....:elmer:

Yeah his game plan includes throwing freaking 6 yard passes when you need to pick up 17!

We need victories....no more excuses. I want to see a properly perpared NFL team. not some shame. Did you here last nights sunday night football pregame show. They said the Pat cheerleaders were going to play us "jets"...how does that make you feel.....

I will put it like this, wait till we play the Pats this coming sunday. The only way Mangini can save his "face" in this organization is you have your team ready to play and you beat the Pats.

So, the only way he can be a decent coach is to beat what is undoubtedly the greatest team in the NFL in the last 22 years and quite likely of all time? Then you will accept him? Kind of a tall order, don't you think? What about the other 13 coaches that couldn't beat the Pats should they all be ****canned as well?

Parcells has retired from coaching three times already. I don't see why we should jump after him now. Cowher quite likely doesn't want to return and if he did, why would he want to jump into the biggest fish bowl with a crappy team like the Jets?

After the kicking the FG on 4th & 10 when they should have tried for a 1st down proves that Maningi is the dumbest & most gutless coach the Jets have ever had.

Dumber coach?

Kotite. then Edwards then Mangini.

Mangini can outcoach these 2 any day of the week.

Why was it gutless to kick the FG?

I can understand why people would want to go for it there, but I agreed with the call.

The likelihood we make a 1st down was slim... we had just ran the ball for zero yards, passed incomplete to Cotch, pass incomplete to Washington. What makes you think we could be successful here. My biggest problem was this 3 play sequence before the FG. We should have let the clock run down to 2 min left. We would have 1st down from the 20 with 2 min left. Instead we had 2nd down with 2 min left and made 2 bad playcalls in a row. And we were put in this position because of a bad call on the 2pt conversion.

I cannot blame Mangini for not going for it when the team showed all day they couldnt be successful in tough situations. If we dont make it, they get it on the 20. if we stop them on 3 and out, we get the ball back about the Jets 40. now we have to go 60 yds with about 1:15 on the clock with no timeouts and have to drive the field for a TD.

Where he screwed up was not kicking off deep after the FG (17-15). If we kick deep they start at the 30 yd line with 1:41 left. We get the ball back with 1:15 from our 30 having to drive to the 30 yd line to kick a field goal. Its a lot easier to drive 40 yds to get in field goal range than it is to drive 60 yards to get a TD.

So for me, the 2 questionable calls were the running play before the 2 min warning and the 2nd onside kick. Other than that, i am ok with what he was trying to do.

It baffles me how anyone could want cowher as their HC.

Thank you. For years that hairlip goofball, who always had the advantage of a great drafting front office, made losing championship games at home an art. Then he finally wins one with an incredible string of luck.

Thank you. For years that hairlip goofball, who always had the advantage of a great drafting front office, made losing championship games at home an art. Then he finally wins one with an incredible string of luck.

His teams were very competitive and also had a cheap owner who

let their good players go year after year

I would take Cowher in a country second

that Championshipgame vs Denver was luck????

LOL, The Steelers deserved the SB that year. They dominated every team they played in the post-season, luck had no part in it.

Please, if you think Cowher would be able to just walk in here and get us to the championship game you're not even worth arguing with.

in 2008 NO way

by 2010 yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

EM will not get us there,,,, he has lost his gahones maybe garb can find them

for him

in 2008 NO way

by 2010 yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

EM will not get us there,,,, he has lost his gahones maybe garb can find them

for him

What if he goes his first two years and only wins 10 games?

Would you still let him stay till 2010 or would you demand he be canned like you're doing with Mangini?

i honestly think that they should have put in pennington to throw a fade on that 2 pt conversion attempt

no one throws a fade better than him in the nfl

He does throw a pretty good fade but have you ever seen Peyton Manning throw one?????

That's beside the point, the bottom line is a fade was a stupid playcall!!!!

Dumber coach?

Kotite. then Edwards then Mangini.

Mangini can outcoach these 2 any day of the week.

Why was it gutless to kick the FG?

I can understand why people would want to go for it there, but I agreed with the call.

The likelihood we make a 1st down was slim... we had just ran the ball for zero yards, passed incomplete to Cotch, pass incomplete to Washington. What makes you think we could be successful here. My biggest problem was this 3 play sequence before the FG. We should have let the clock run down to 2 min left. We would have 1st down from the 20 with 2 min left. Instead we had 2nd down with 2 min left and made 2 bad playcalls in a row. And we were put in this position because of a bad call on the 2pt conversion.

I cannot blame Mangini for not going for it when the team showed all day they couldnt be successful in tough situations. If we dont make it, they get it on the 20. if we stop them on 3 and out, we get the ball back about the Jets 40. now we have to go 60 yds with about 1:15 on the clock with no timeouts and have to drive the field for a TD.

Where he screwed up was not kicking off deep after the FG (17-15). If we kick deep they start at the 30 yd line with 1:41 left. We get the ball back with 1:15 from our 30 having to drive to the 30 yd line to kick a field goal. Its a lot easier to drive 40 yds to get in field goal range than it is to drive 60 yards to get a TD.

So for me, the 2 questionable calls were the running play before the 2 min warning and the 2nd onside kick. Other than that, i am ok with what he was trying to do.

So even if you agree with the decision to kick the FG, which 90-95% of the fans vehemently disagree with, he STILL screwed up right after that. He hit the Daily Double cluster****.

What if he goes his first two years and only wins 10 games?

Would you still let him stay till 2010 or would you demand he be canned like you're doing with Mangini?

EM's gameplans have sucked all year!!! He is stubborn and arrogant and

he is not putting the players in the best place to succeed, His use of 3-4

without a nose tackle has been comical at best.

His decision making has also taken a step backwards, he will be here for his

3rd year, woody doesn't care about winning and he will not go after cowher

EM's gameplans have sucked all year!!! He is stubborn and arrogant and

he is not putting the players in the best place to succeed, His use of 3-4

without a nose tackle has been comical at best.

His decision making has also taken a step backwards, he will be here for his

3rd year, woody doesn't care about winning and he will not go after cowher

Agree Woody is all about the $$$. Do you think he cares how many season ticket holders dont show up? The tickets are already paid for. Woody Johnson and Eric Mangini deserve eachother.

It will not happen.

Cower will end up with an organization that actually wants to win next season, and we'll be in the perennial "Rebuilding" mode. Woody's track record so far is 3 coaches, none with HC experience and only one with coordinating experience and at that, limited to one year. Woody has done zero with our team. Granted he may not be a "Football" person but, he has made no attempt to place the right people at the top. Our GM is a better fit in an accounting office and our coach (though extremely dedicated) may lack the experience to be a good coach any time soon.

In my honest opinion, we're back to being the same old Jets, and we may have to stay there for a long while.

Garbage post. Just garbage. Go watch golf or something.

So even if you agree with the decision to kick the FG, which 90-95% of the fans vehemently disagree with, he STILL screwed up right after that. He hit the Daily Double cluster****.

Whether the fans disagree or not, either decision would be up for discussion. I think people who were for going for it can see why we would kick a FG. And I think people who were for the FG can understand why he could have gone 4th&10. That is a pure football decision. Fans always want to go for it on 4th down. They always want the exciting play. They dont always want the higher percentage play.

what isnt up for debate and he cant excuse away is onside kicking again. I think 100% of the fans would agree that was complete stupidity.

Archived