Panthers DT Kris Jenkins is heading to the NYJ for a 3rd & 5th(merged 2x)

BP

so my wife asks me "who is this guy Kris Jenkins we just got?" I tell her, ya know how every week we watch the Jets and see these gigantic linemen on the other teams and you always ask me "WHY don't WE have any big fat guys like that?" I told her now we do

ahhahahahah!!

I'm so happy we got this guy! Hopefully he can make a huge impact.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jenkins is no sure thing as a NT.

Don't get me wrong, I like this trade. But Jenkins' best years were as a 4-3 DT with Mike Rucker and Julius Peppers on the same line. He's not going to have that luxury here. He's going to be double and triple teamed a LOT.

Does he have the physical traits necessary to be a NT? Yes. Will he be a good NT? I think the jury is out on that. Position switching in the NFL is not a given, as we found out with Vilma.

ahhahahahah!!

I'm so happy we got this guy! Hopefully he can make a huge impact.

the game is won and lost in the trenches Ghost-the old addage still applies

what I like about the direction we're heading in is how we are strongest defensively right up the middle with Rhodes, Harris and now Jenkins-it's like great baseball teams have to be strong and solid up the middle same thing with football

This happens to be a deep, deep draft

Don't mind the 5th, but a 3rd too?

C'mon, Pats got Randy Moss for a 4th

Kris jenkins for a 5th is fait, but not a 3rd and 5th

DOn't like it.....draft picks are gold

They should be trading Chad and Coles to get some picks back...

3 time pro bowler though JEJ...we weren't sending anybody we drafted in April from those rounds to Hawaii

the game is won and lost in the trenches Ghost-the old addage still applies

what I like about the direction we're heading in is how we are strongest defensively right up the middle with Rhodes, Harris and now Jenkins-it's like great baseball teams have to be strong and solid up the middle same thing with football

I have to agree. We still need to know weather we're it's going to be Coleman/Jenkins/Ellis ?

Don't get me wrong, I like this trade. But Jenkins' best years were as a 4-3 DT with Mike Rucker and Julius Peppers on the same line. He's not going to have that luxury here. He's going to be double and triple teamed a LOT.

Does he have the physical traits necessary to be a NT? Yes. Will he be a good NT? I think the jury is out on that. Position switching in the NFL is not a given, as we found out with Vilma.

Yeah but at least**** he is a PROTOTYPICAL player at that position. That's something that we cannot say at many other positions. if he does not work out, at least I can't kill Tangini with the "he's too small" crap. I am happy with the move...if it doesn't work out, it will be on him...

Granted we took a flyer withthis player, and I'm damn glad to have him

BUT

A third would garner us a solid OLineman

But then again, If watching Tanny in the draft these past years, we'll probably be moving down in the 2nd togarner us a 3rd

So hopefully it pans for us

There is a reason why Carolina let ths guy go

True, but he should be a whole lot better than scrubs like Robertson, Pouha and Mosely.

And if it doesn't work out, we can always fire Mangini and go back to the 4-3.

if jenkins commands a double every play that means he's doing his job perfectly.

great move by mantini.

If he is double and triple teamed then he is doing one hell of a job! You can't look at tackles and sacks for a premier NT. You look at how the ILB's are doing, especially against the run. If the ILB's are getting alot of tackels for little or no gain, then the NT is doing great.

This is a very good start...KJ is the right choice to fill the hole at NT. Rather have the fat guy with an attitude who calls out teamates for quitting versus the character issues with Rogers. The early deal puts additional pressure on FO to sign Faneca and maybe another OL. The early third rounder could have come in handy for OL help. Hopefully, they are confident they can recoup pick with Drob.

Says the guy who loved the Doug Jolley trade.

Shut up, dooshey!

JENKINS TO SIGN NEW DEAL WITH JETS

Former Panthers defensive tackle Kris Jenkins has a new home. He also has a new contract.

According to Steve Reed of CarolinaGrowl.com, Jenkins will sign a

five-year, $35 million contract with the New York Jets.

The Jets acquired Jenkins from Carolina for a third-round and fifth-round draft pick in 2008.

The deal includes $20 million in guaranteed money.

Apparently, the Jets hope that Jenkins becomes a space eater in the 3-4 defense, allowing linebackers to run free to the ball. Thus, for a change, it won't hurt Jenkins if/when he shows up for a weigh-in, and the scale squeals like a stuck pig.

-PFT

I told all you guys last night this was gonna happen, but no one believed me :( It's okay all is forgiven :)

NOTE: THIS MEANS ROBERTSON MUST BE MOVED ASAP

Archived