***JETS SIGN CALVIN PACE - 6 YEARS / $42M ***

DaBrick Wall

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So you're probably certain about something. I have seen him play; I wasn't really paying specific attention to him. Have you? I just look at the stats and I don't care how people "see him play," he's not worth $42 million and $22 million guaranteed.

True, but Mo Lewis was once a (deserved) SOLB for us despite not lighting it up in sack totals.

Of course

Sh1ithead thinks we made another bad move

\

Par for the course

Not true. I thought the Faneca and Jennings moves were both good. But paying this kind of money for a player with 14 career sacks and had over half of them just last season? Come on man. I'm just here to temper your enthusiasm a little. I would have liked to see Pace with the Patriots but for about half of that salary.

Great day to be Jets fan...finally

A F/O making some daring moves...and I like it!!

Agree. Shame we will have to listen to the usual FO wannabe's posting negatively about a player they don't see game film on etc. If we weren't aggressive they'd be griping as well.

So you're probably certain about something. I have seen him play; I wasn't really paying specific attention to him. Have you? I just look at the stats and I don't care how people "see him play," he's not worth $42 million and $22 million guaranteed.

No I haven't. I'm not the one running around declaring him to be Bryan Thomas II however.

Dude, who cares

We are a much better team today

And we have 3/4 players signed for our scheme

Correct. Tangini gave players two seasons to adjust to the 3-4. They did not and now we are moving on. Amazing that some posters are now smarter than both Parcells and Mangini on this players value.

Calvin Pace obviously signed because of the thread started by "D.Pace" asking us to explain why he should sign with the Jets. ;)

I really don't know about this move. 6 years, $42 million with $22 million guarenteed to a guy who has had one good season? Interesting and risky move by the Jets. I certainly think he will be the Outside Linebacker opposite Bryan Thomas. You don't give that kind of money to an ILB, you would think.

The question now is this:

What do the Jets do with the sixth overall pick?

1. Draft Gholston, move Pace to ILB or release Thomas.

2. Draft Darren McFadden.

or

3. Trade Down.

Agree. Shame we will have to listen to the usual FO wannabe's posting negatively about a player they don't see game film on etc. If we weren't aggressive they'd be griping as well.

Yeah, like you know what you're talking about any more than I do. You watch him on a regular basis. :rolleyes:

Jets fans don't freak out about the money, unless your name is woody johnson it's not your concern

Pace is a sleeper, people are sleeping on his talent

Pace plus Thomas = pass rush

these players will help each other out, big time

What I don't get is: how the **** did we pass on Adalius Thomas last year and then do this?

The Jets didnt pass on Thomas last year, Thomas passed on all the teams lined up for him. His first visit was with the Pats and he never visited another team. You cant blame Tangini for that.

Jets fans don't freak out about the money, unless your name is woody johnson it's not your concern

Amen brother

Lets be competitive

Jets in the SB in '09

Calvin Pace obviously signed because of the thread started by "D.Pace" asking us to explain why he should sign with the Jets. ;)

I really don't know about this move. 6 years, $42 million with $22 million guarenteed to a guy who has had one good season? Interesting and risky move by the Jets. I certainly think he will be the Outside Linebacker opposite Bryan Thomas. You don't give that kind of money to an ILB, you would think.

The question now is this:

What do the Jets do with the sixth overall pick?

1. Draft Gholston, move Pace to ILB or release Thomas.

2. Draft Darren McFadden.

or

3. Trade Down.

The Pats seem to routinely move their LBs from outside to inside and back. I expect that Pace will do the same. Anyway, there is no assurance that Gholston will be there.

What would the Jets do if Chris Long, Gholston and McFadden are gone and no one wants to pony up for the pick? Dorsey, Ellis and Jake Long are no longer great fits for the Jets.

I think we have a right to be concerned about the size of the contract. That is a whole lot of money for a guy who has only had 1 good season, and it's not like he was amazing last year anyway. I'm just gonna trust the FO here as they must think he is a perfect fit in the 3-4. I hope they are right but we'll see.

The Pats seem to routinely move their LBs from outside to inside and back. I expect that Pace will do the same. Anyway, there is no assurance that Gholston will be there.

What would the Jets do if Chris Long, Gholston and McFadden are gone and no one wants to pony up for the pick? Dorsey, Ellis and Jake Long are no longer great fits for the Jets.

Jake Long could still be a RT and slide Woody into RG and move Moore to back-up. Just saying. I think they will move down from 6, or CB could be an option now.

I liked Jenkins, could live with, and under stand Faneca

Pace + Thomas = pass rush ??? No it doesn't......... Pace + Thomas = 8 1/2 sacks. Not exactly the Sack Exchange.

Ellis had 5, and everyone says he sucks.

I don't usually get on the FO, but

I hate this move. There are a bunch of pass rushers in this draft. If they like him for the inside, why are they paying him like he has led the NFL in sacks the last 3 years?

Not true. I thought the Faneca and Jennings moves were both good. But paying this kind of money for a player with 14 career sacks and had over half of them just last season? Come on man. I'm just here to temper your enthusiasm a little. I would have liked to see Pace with the Patriots but for about half of that salary.
Damn, we brought back Dave Jennings to push Graham?!?! I must've missed that move

I liked Jenkins, could live with, and under stand Faneca

Pace + Thomas = pass rush ??? No it doesn't......... Pace + Thomas = 8 1/2 sacks. Not exactly the Sack Exchange.

Ellis had 5, and everyone says he sucks.

I don't usually get on the FO, but

I hate this move. There are a bunch of pass rushers in this draft. If they like him for the inside, why are they paying him like he has led the NFL in sacks the last 3 years?

Pace is not only a pass rusher. Thats the diff b/w him and someone they may draft. He is big and will be a solid addition in run defense. He is a versatile player. Its a pretty good signing (better, IMO, than Woody at 25 and 11).

I don't understand this 'getting on bryan thomas' bandwagon. NO one on our defense, excluding revis and rhodes, had a decent year..If you are a lineman and cant stop the oline from getting your lb's your lb's are not going to produce.. I think with the beefing on our line, we can expect better numbers from our LB core.

Archived