The Yankees have won 26 championships.

Barton

I dunno. I just called my math teacher and he said 26 is > 16.

Carry on while I admire my 26 championships poster.

How old are you? You are the reason that non Yankee fans have a good laugh.

26 Championships right? When was the last one?

How old are you? You are the reason that non Yankee fans have a good laugh.

26 Championships right? When was the last one?

The only stat that really matters to me is, I was born in 1987, and I have seen the Yankees win 4 Championships, while the Red Sox only won 2.

So....

4 > 2

Who really cares when the last one is though, if you want to bring up the past then let us as well. The Yankees have won 26, while you guys have only won 7.

Rangers F.C. have won 51 league titles.

EDIT: And they will almost certainly win #52 this year.

They've won the Scottish Cup 31 times (in the running for #32 this year), the League Cup 25 times (added #25 this year), and the now-defunct European Cup Winners Cup once.

They used to hold the record for domestic Doubles at 17, but were recently surpassed by Northern Ireland's Linfield F.C. (who have 19).

They have won the Treble 7 times, which is 3 more than the runners up. This year another Treble is likely, and there is a chance at taking home four trophies as well.

I love the Yankees, but when it comes to ass-kicking on a global stage, they are runners-up.

Rangers F.C. have won 51 league titles.

EDIT: And they will almost certainly win #52 this year.

They've won the Scottish Cup 31 times (in the running for #32 this year), the League Cup 25 times (added #25 this year), and the now-defunct European Cup Winners Cup once.

They used to hold the record for domestic Doubles at 17, but were recently surpassed by Northern Ireland's Linfield F.C. (who have 19).

They have won the Treble 7 times, which is 3 more than the runners up. This year another Treble is likely, and there is a chance at taking home four trophies as well.

I love the Yankees, but when it comes to ass-kicking on a global stage, they are runners-up.

Yeah, but that says more for the lack of competition in that joke of a league. 23 years since another team outside Celtic or Rangers won a title?

Barton's balls just dropped. I'm happy for him.

Congrats, big guy. Pretty soon you'll be growing pubes.

Easy there, Thor.

You know damn good and well that the Yankees have won a championship since Barton got his pubes.

Sure, the Sox have won two, but the Yanks won TWENTY FIVE whenever Barton was either unthought of or pubeless. That matters.

Easy there, Thor.

You know damn good and well that the Yankees have won a championship since Barton got his pubes.

Sure, the Sox have won two, but the Yanks won TWENTY FIVE whenever Barton was either unthought of or pubeless. That matters.

My math isn't very strong but I would guess that Barton was born in 1990 or 1991.

Do Championships actually matter when you are 6 or 7 years old? I'm not sure how Barton remembered the previous Yankees titles when he was negative 80 years old.

Is there anything worse than a 17 year old Yankee fan?

My math isn't very strong but I would guess that Barton was born in 1990 or 1991.

Do Championships actually matter when you are 6 or 7 years old? I'm not sure how Barton remembered the previous Yankees titles when he was negative 80 years old.

A seven year-old Red Sox fan. Yanks never won in his lifetime, and the Sox won two.

I thought EB54 was about 19.

That would make him born in '88.

If you are right, then my pube theory goes by the wayside.

A seven year-old Red Sox fan. Yanks never won in his lifetime, and the Sox won two.

Exactly, shows how much that matters.

When I was seven, I was a Marlins fan, because I thought both Gary Sheffield and Ken Griffey Jr. played for them.

Marlins-Mariners is ****ing confusing for a seven year old.

Barton is about 9, 10 months younger than I am and I am nearing 20. I have witnessed four Yankees championships. 1996 was awesome, but it didn't mean much to me and I'll admit that. I only started following Baseball in 1995 so it was nice, but it wasn't the greatest thing. The '98, '99 and '00 championships however meant a lot and were great to see. By then, I had much better appreciation for the game.

Same for the Rangers in '94. I can't even remember that season. I didn't really start to appreciate and become a hardcore Ranger fan until about 1996. So to me, even though they've won in my lifetime, I was too young to remember it. The Yankees are my only team that I've seen win a championship, but I would think now that I'm almost 20 years old, the next time they win one will be the sweetest one yet, because the other ones came between the ages of 8 and 13.

It's hard to root for what happens back in time..try and focus on the season at hand.

I agree, but when you have Patriot fans continuing to bring up their championships from 2001, 2003 and 2004 on this board, its kind of hard to not relive our Yankee memories. :beer:

2008:

Yankees - 1

Red Sox - 0

Yeah, but that says more for the lack of competition in that joke of a league. 23 years since another team outside Celtic or Rangers won a title?

1) The Scottish Premier League has only existed since 1998/1999, so no, it hasn't been 23 years. Don't blame Rangers for being simply the best.

2) The Cup wins have all come from outwith the league format, and those are regularly won by the other teams.

3) In 1887 Rangers were semi-finalists for the English FA Cup, losing to the eventual winners.

4) Ask anyone how difficult it is to complete a treble in ANY league. At this point, Rangers have played more games in the current season than they had played all of last season. AND they aren't done yet!

The SPL is a tougher league than you think. Hearts tried to compete after being bought by a BILLIONAIRE. They spent all the money on the team, but still couldn't outdo the dominance of Rangers (and, I suppose, Celtic).

EDIT: Oh, and UEFA ranks the Scottish league in it's top 10, based on performance in European competition (and no, Rangers and Celtic are not the only teams to compete in Europe). High enough that the league champs don't have to go through qualifying for the Champions League.

I agree, but when you have Patriot fans continuing to bring up their championships from 2001, 2003 and 2004 on this board, its kind of hard to not relive our Yankee memories. :beer:

2008:

Yankees - 1

Red Sox - 0

I'll give you that bro!

Notice how they never want to talk about the Patriots before about 7 years ago?

LOL

1) The Scottish Premier League has only existed since 1998/1999, so no, it hasn't been 23 years. Don't blame Rangers for being simply the best.

2) The Cup wins have all come from outwith the league format, and those are regularly won by the other teams.

3) In 1887 Rangers were semi-finalists for the English FA Cup, losing to the eventual winners.

4) Ask anyone how difficult it is to complete a treble in ANY league. At this point, Rangers have played more games in the current season than they had played all of last season. AND they aren't done yet!

The SPL is a tougher league than you think. Hearts tried to compete after being bought by a BILLIONAIRE. They spent all the money on the team, but still couldn't outdo the dominance of Rangers (and, I suppose, Celtic).

EDIT: Oh, and UEFA ranks the Scottish league in it's top 10, based on performance in European competition (and no, Rangers and Celtic are not the only teams to compete in Europe). High enough that the league champs don't have to go through qualifying for the Champions League.

Let's face it the "SPL" is just a rebranded Scottish Premier Division, only difference being it ditched two cannon fodder teams.

No argument on the cup competitions, it's a case of 90 minutes, anything can happen. Same with any knock out competition.

Yes, Hearts were bought by a billionaire. But he's a f**king basket case. The way he's going I expect him to hire the head of the Lithuanian Hedgehog Population Control as manager next. And has been said in this forum often enough with respect to the Yankees, Sox and Mets, it's all very well spending loads of $$$, but it's what you spend it on, and how you get that team to operate.

Barton is about 9, 10 months younger than I am and I am nearing 20. I have witnessed four Yankees championships. 1996 was awesome, but it didn't mean much to me and I'll admit that. I only started following Baseball in 1995 so it was nice, but it wasn't the greatest thing. The '98, '99 and '00 championships however meant a lot and were great to see. By then, I had much better appreciation for the game.

You were "following" baseball at 7? You were still learning addition.

Archived