The Sporting News rates Rhodes 5th best Safety in AFC

And you'll never guess the fourth after the three obvious (Polamalu, Reed and Sanders) that are before him.

1. Bob Sanders

2. Ed Reed

3. Troy Polamalu

4. Antoine Bethea ??? -- Good player, but better than Rhodes? Seriously?

5. Kerry Rhodes

Top 5 Tandems in the AFC at Safety:

1. Colts - Sanders & Bethea

2. Ravens - Reed & Dawan Landry

3. Titans - Chris Hope & Michael Griffin

4. Steelers - Polamalu & Ryan Clark

5. JETS - Rhodes & Abram Elam

And you'll never guess the fourth after the three obvious (Polamalu, Reed and Sanders) that are before him.

1. Bob Sanders

2. Ed Reed

3. Troy Polamalu

4. Antoine Bethea ??? -- Good player, but better than Rhodes? Seriously?

5. Kerry Rhodes

Top 5 Tandems in the AFC at Safety:

1. Colts - Sanders & Bethea

2. Ravens - Reed & Dawan Landry

3. Titans - Chris Hope & Michael Griffin

4. Steelers - Polamalu & Ryan Clark

5. JETS - Rhodes & Abram Elam

I think it's about right.

Rhodes finished last season very strong, but the first half of the season he was invisible.

I really like the second one. I think Elam played very well once he got the start last season, and is going to be a fixture for quite some time.

I think it's about right.

Rhodes finished last season very strong, but the first half of the season he was invisible.

I really like the second one. I think Elam played very well once he got the start last season, and is going to be a fixture for quite some time.

Yeah I agree, however so did Polamalu actually he had a down year. Not just a couple of games....not really surprised @ this though we never get respect.

No respect for Harrison I see. Not only is he the best safety in the AFC but the best safety in the entire NFL...(waits for first Jets fan's head to explode)

Yeaaaaaaaaaaaaah... Maybe five years ago when he could stay on the field and had more speed you could possibly put his name into that discussion, but not now. Not for a while now.

Yeah I agree, however so did Polamalu actually he had a down year. Not just a couple of games....not really surprised @ this though we never get respect.

You have a point on Polamalu's play last season, but a lot of these things are based on name

recognition. To paraphrase Parcells, he said something along the line of, "A player makes the Pro Bowl, three years after he deserves to, and stays three years to long"

I agree

You have a point on Polamalu's play last season, but a lot of these things are based on name

recognition. To paraphrase Parcells, he said something along the line of, "A player makes the Pro Bowl, three years after he deserves to, and stays three years to long"

I agree

Thats true because of the popularity vote. Kerry Rhodes is just now busting onto the scene in NFL circles. I'd expect a Pro Bowl invite sent to him this season now that his name has been flowing around for two seasons.

No respect for Harrison I see. Not only is he the best safety in the AFC but the best safety in the entire NFL...(waits for first Jets fan's head to explode)

HA!

He got owned!

79619834.jpg?v=1&c=NewsMaker&k=2&d=17A4AD9FDB9CF1935121260197D6DE786ACA2435BCD8E1DF

This stuff is getting old. Can't you discuss the topic at hand?

Of course it would be old to you.

But not as old as your anti-JETS, pro Patriots rhetoric on a JETS message board.

Oh please, at this point in their careers the Nuge would be a better safety than the non-HGH taking Harrison :)

I think the best safety in the AFC could have stopped David Tyree from making that catch

I think the best safety in the AFC could have stopped David Tyree from making that catch

I disagree.

No one could have stopped Tyree from making that catch. It was Divine intervention to display that in the end evil will not prevail

rhodes has awwsome instincts (Qb in high school) and is a freakish athlete who is huge for a safety. hell only get better

Yeah he's got some instincts and athleticism, but so what? the question is does he have the HGH to compete with a top flight Safety like Harrison

Harrison is done. Last year he looked like Aunt Bea waddling around searching for Opie.

Holy christ, you guys have been so preoccupied with this whole spygate mess that you didn't even notice when someone crept in here and stole your sense of humor.

Holy christ, you guys have been so preoccupied with this whole spygate mess that you didn't even notice when someone crept in here and stole your sense of humor.

I thought that was funny. :) Harrison is actually still surprisingly effective.

OK, the Pope, Rev. Wright and Belichick walk into a bar ...

I think this list took into account that steroids are banned and the Pats will have to try harder to cheat now, and just assumed they wouldn't be able to keep cheating. You're right though, the Rats will find some new way to cheat.

Sorry but Polamalu is extremely overrated. Rhodes should be 3 easily.

Valid point but i would argue Troy's more utilized the wrong way than overrated. He hardly ever gets to play the true S position. LeBeau usually has him roving all over near the LOS when IMO he should just let the guy play S and be done with it. With his speed he can match up with any WR as well.

Perhaps it is the joke that wasn't funny rather than he sense of humor that was lacking.

I disagree.

No one could have stopped Tyree from making that catch. It was Divine intervention to display that in the end evil will not prevail

Funny thing, wasn't it? Not a religious guy, far from it, but stuff like that will make you wonder sometimes. First off, it's just an amazing catch in general. Second, David Tyree is just...some guy, meanwhile that catch would have been nearly impossible even for a T.O. or Moss to pull off. Add to that the famous Eli escape which occurred in the very same play in such a clutch position. WOW.

Maybe Kerry Rhodes should be higher on the list, but the real surprise for me is listing Rhodes & Elam as the #5 AFC Safety tandem. I mean I know he's had a terrible thing happen to him so we all want to be nice but... Abram Elam, really? Really?

We were discussing Safetys as of right now Alk, try to keep pace will ya?

LMAO. What a friggin homer. He's not in the top HALF of NFL safety's. He can't hold Sanders' Rhodes' or Reed's JOCKS.

Archived