RB J Caulcrick

WR D Clowney

OT N Garner

OL R Turner

DE R Pitoitua

LB J Trusnik

CB K Patton

LS N Lyles

Good job, but I have to disagree on J Miller. Not only do I think he will be on the team, he will be starting

I'm gonna guess Wallace Wright makes it in over Dave ball

for some reason, i'm gonna say that Danny Woodhead makes the roster over Chatman, i think attitude is gonna be the determining factor, he'll mostly play special teams.

and yeah dude the Miller thing that's a huge oversight, forgiven though :)

I think Mangini will definitely give Miller another year if he insists on giving David Barrett countless chances, especially since during last years Training Camp he was impressed how Miller was becoming better on the Defensive side of the ball.

As for Caulcrick, I don't see the Jets making the same mistake they made with Derrick Ward and Danny Ware, but I could be wrong. If he is on the PS and up for grabs I see the team carrying 6 Cornerbacks with either David Barrett remaining (I'm going on a limb here saying they'll release him) or Andre Woolfolk making the team.

I don't think they'll carry 10 LB'ers and 3 NT's but only 1 FB. Unless he's just awful, I think Caulcrick makes the 53-man roster. Maybe 1 less DL man - hard to say when camp hasn't officially started yet. I don't remember Mosely playing nose last year. Three NT's are beyond unlikely anyway. No one carries three.

6 WR's and 3 NT's and 10 LB'ers leaves us too thin at FB and OL.

I decided to be a little different, I put even a lot of long shots, and I added an offensive lineman... lol

Offense: 26

Quarterbacks

1) K. Clemens

2) C. Pennington

3) E. Ainge

Running backs

4) T. Jones

5) L. Washington

6) J. Chatman

7) D. Woodhead

8) T. Richardson

9) J. Caulcrick

Wide Receivers

10) L. Coles

11) J. Cotchery

12) C. Stuckey

13) B. Smith

14) M. Henry

Tight Ends

15) D. Keller

16) C. Baker

17) B. Franks

Offensive Line

18) D. Ferguson

19) A. Faneca

20) N. Mangold

21) D. Woody

22) S. Olivea

23) B. Moore

24) N. Garner

25) J. Bender

26) W. Montgomery

-------------

Defense: 24

Defensive Line

27) S. Ellis

28) K. Coleman

29) M. Devito

30) K. Brown

31) K. Jenkins

32) S. Pouha

33) C. Mosely

Linebackers

34) D. Harris

35) C. Pace

36) V. Gholston

37) B. Thomas

38) E. Barton

39) D. Bowens

40) M. Chatham

41) B. Kassell

Cornerbacks

42) D. Revis

43) J. Miller

44) H. Poteat

45) D. Lowery

46) D. Barrett

Safety

47) K. Rhodes

48) E. Smith

49) A. Elam

50) A. Hawkins

Special: 3

Special

51) M. Nugent

52) B. Graham

53) J. Dearth

I don't think they'll carry 10 LB'ers and 3 NT's but only 1 FB. Unless he's just awful, I think Caulcrick makes the 53-man roster. Maybe 1 less DL man - hard to say when camp hasn't officially started yet. I don't remember Mosely playing nose last year. Three NT's are beyond unlikely anyway. No one carries three.

The thing with Mosley Sperm is that last year he played both Defensive End and Nose Tackle, he's versitale. They could in escense carry just six, but I think Mangini will go with 7 on the line and 9 at OLB. You can still work it out with 6 WR's, 7 DLineman, 9 LB's, 2 FB's and 8 OLineman. I don't believe they carried more than 8 OLineman at a time last year anyway.

I think Mangini will definitely give Miller another year if he insists on giving David Barrett countless chances,

believe it or not David Barrett is ten times the cover corner that Justin Miller is - Im sorry but JMill can't cover at all and if he loses his speed he will have lost all value.

I changed mine as well, releasing David Barrett and putting Drew Coleman on the roster. I may consider taking Oldgenburg off as well, but for that 8th OLineman it doesn't really matter whose on because he'll be inactive anyway and just flat out isn't that good either. :lol:

And David Barrett 10x the cover man than Justin Miller? Please. Miller's weakness was always biting on the pump fake and once again, according to Mangini Miller was progressing nicely on defense last season during TC before he was injuried in Week 2. If he does lose some speed, it may be good for him actually. David Barrett? I'm sick and tired of seeing him play 15 yards off the ball because he doesn't have great speed. He lets up everything underneath and most of the time he lets up the deep ball as well. Once in a while he makes a nice play on a deep ball and he's considered a good player? No, no way. In 2004 he played well and since then he's continued to regress, just like what happened to Justin McCareins.

And David Barrett 10x the cover man than Justin Miller? Please. Miller's weakness was always biting on the pump fake and once again, according to Mangini Miller was progressing nicely on defense last season during TC before he was injuried in Week 2. If he does lose some speed, it may be good for him actually. David Barrett? I'm sick and tired of seeing him play 15 yards off the ball because he doesn't have great speed. He lets up everything underneath and most of the time he lets up the deep ball as well. Once in a while he makes a nice play on a deep ball and he's considered a good player? No, no way. In 2004 he played well and since then he's continued to regress, just like what happened to Justin McCareins.

my comments weren't really pro-Barrett as much as they were anti-Miller. Seriously Justin Miller can't cover. Or if he can, we haven't seen it yet. Remember Miller in the Pro Bowl when he played man-to-man CB against NFC All Pros? he looked like dookie. Seriously David Barrett is a better cover corner, which isn't saying much.

My concern with Miller is his speed. If this surgery affects his speed at all he's in serious jeopardy to make this or any other roster. HIs speed and aggressiveness was really all he brought as a corner. He can't follow coaching, Mangini clearly had him in the dog house, i just don't see a future for Miller with the Jets, unless he's just as fast as he was pre-surgery.

I think Caulcrick makes the 53-man roster...

I definitely agree on Caulcrick, and also can't see the team carrying 6 WR's. All this talk of Stuckey looking like the #3 WR is good for the team, and bad news for Brad Smith. I think Smith, Henry, and Wallace are battling it out for two roster spots - and possibly just one. Keller is going to see a lot of action lined up wide. The Jets may only need to carry 4 WR's, especially if they think they can squeeze Henry on the practice squad.

I think Woodhead has an outside chance as a return man, perhaps at the expense of that WR or a DB.

I can also see Kapinos winning the punter job.

Thanks to the guys putting these lists together. That's beyond my scope. I can only nit-pick the lists of others. ;)

The problem with that slats is the team carried 6 Wide Receivers last year and love how Wallace Wright contributes on Special Teams. Mangini isn't going to cut Henry because of his size and the reason he was drafted so early and Brad Smith is too versitale for Mangini to resist for at least another season.

Dave Ball is a long, long shot and he'll end up at best on the PS.

im cutting justin miller because his speed might not be the same

and Mangini never liked him in the first place as a CB! perpetual resident of the dog house

i hope he proves me wrong!

Not sure that I agree with this. In spite of the off field nonsense Miller got in last year, he was the starter on opening day.

I agree that up until last season's camp Miller hadn't shown much, but he did play well in preseason. I'm hoping that when he slugged that broad last year a light went off in his head. He has all the skills, his problems have been the echo between his ears.

I do agree though, if the injury has taken his speed, he is done.

I'm really pulling for him, if he can play to his potential, he could be very good. Think he gets one more year at least

I definitely agree on Caulcrick, and also can't see the team carrying 6 WR's. All this talk of Stuckey looking like the #3 WR is good for the team, and bad news for Brad Smith. I think Smith, Henry, and Wallace are battling it out for two roster spots - and possibly just one. Keller is going to see a lot of action lined up wide. The Jets may only need to carry 4 WR's, especially if they think they can squeeze Henry on the practice squad.

I think Woodhead has an outside chance as a return man, perhaps at the expense of that WR or a DB.

I can also see Kapinos winning the punter job.

Thanks to the guys putting these lists together. That's beyond my scope. I can only nit-pick the lists of others. ;)

That is good! I prefer doing that myself. Just poking at other the hard work of other people.

Good job though! :)

A great defensive line can cover up the shortcomings of secondary - see the NYG super Bowl win for example.

True. True.

Nice to know bitonti just predicted the JETS ARE GOING TO THE SUPER BOWL!!!!

WHOO HOOO!

BZ

After stealing 124s post (sorry 124) and making some changes, this is my guess at the roster.

Quarterbacks - 3

Clemens

Ainge

Ratliff

Running Backs - 3

Jones

Washington

Chatman

Fullbacks - 2

Richardson

Caulcrick

Wide Receivers - 6

Coles

Cotchery

Stuckey

Ball

Wright

Henry

Tight Ends - 3

Keller

Franks

Pociask

Offensive Lineman - 8

Ferguson

Faneca

Mangold

Moore

Woody

Montgomery

Bender

Daniels

Offense - 25

Defensive Lineman - 7

Ellis

Coleman

DeVito

Brown

Jenkins

Pouha

Mosley

Linebackers - 9

Gholston

Pace

Thomas

Bowens

Trusnik

Harris

Barton

Kassell

Cornerbacks - 5

Revis

Poteat

Woolfork

Lowery

D.Coleman

Safetys - 4

Rhodes

Elam

E.Smith

Bing

Defense - 25

K - Nugent

P - Kapinos

LS - Dearth

Practice Squad - 8

DB Etienne Boulay (international)

RB Danny Woodhead

WR Paul Raymond

OL Robert Turner

OL Nate Garner

LB Marques Murrell (not sure if hes eligible but I think he is)

DE Bryan Mattison

S Nate Lyles

Edit

If Barton doesnt make the roster, then Murrell takes his spot and Kenwin Cummings goes on the PS.

After stealing 124s post (sorry 124) and making some changes, this is my guess at the roster.

Quarterbacks - 3

Clemens

Ainge

Ratliff

You really think the Jets will let Pennington go? Even if he's paid $6M to be the backup, I don't see them cutting him loose. One bad late hit and the top of our depth chart instantly becomes Ainge-Ratliff.

Even if they did send Pennington packing I seriously doubt they'd let one of the three spots go to Ratliff after drafting Ainge.

They could possibly sign another out-of-work veteran (Leftwich, Culpepper, etc.) for $1M or so and realize most of the Pennington savings that way, but since we have the cap space it's most likely that Pennington simply returns no matter how the camp competition (and paycut request) plays out.

Revised 3/9/2008

Quarterback

1) Kellen Clemens (S)

2) Chad Pennington

3) Erik Ainge *2008 Draft*

4) Brett Ratliff

Wide Receiver

1) Laveranues Coles (S) (IR)

2) Jerricho Cotchery (S)

3) Brad Smith

4) Wallace Wright

5) Chansi Stuckey

6) David Ball

7) Chris Davis

8) David Clowney

Running Back

1) Thomas Jones (S)

2) Leon Washington

3) Jesse Chatman

4) Alvin Banks

Fullback / H-Back

1) Tony Richardson (S)

2) Joe Kowalewski

3) Stacy Tutt (IR)

Tight End

1) Chris Baker (S)

2) Bubba Franks

3) Jason Pociask

Tackle

1) D

You really think the Jets will let Pennington go? Even if he's paid $6M to be the backup, I don't see them cutting him loose. One bad late hit and the top of our depth chart instantly becomes Ainge-Ratliff.

Even if they did send Pennington packing I seriously doubt they'd let one of the three spots go to Ratliff after drafting Ainge.

They could possibly sign another out-of-work veteran (Leftwich, Culpepper, etc.) for $1M or so and realize most of the Pennington savings that way, but since we have the cap space it's most likely that Pennington simply returns no matter how the camp competition (and paycut request) plays out.

I actually do see them trading Penny away, its more of a gut feeling I get from reading between the lines and I dont have much factual evidence, but the feeling is there. The only selling point I have is that Pennys contract is not going to float when people weigh that against his production on the field. If Chad isnt starting, then I can see Mangini contemplating rolling the dice without him as insurance. If we are going to have a veteran QB making rookie mistakes out there for a bunch more money than said rookie, then the rookie and his price tag will start looking like a viable option for a back-up. Im not going to say this wont be a gamble, but essentially playing Pennington is no less of a gamble at this point IMO. I guess it all boils down to "how good is Ratliff", and "how much does Chads presence on the field positively effect this offense?". He is a locker room presence and leader in many aspects, but at some point someone in the FO will decide that this team is growing away from Pennington and keeping him here is hindering the growth process.

Signing a FA vet is a definate possibility here, and that may well be what happens. Of course this is just my opinion and take on the QB issue, and Im probably way off base on it but hey.

I actually do see them trading Penny away, its more of a gut feeling I get from reading between the lines and I dont have much factual evidence, but the feeling is there. The only selling point I have is that Pennys contract is not going to float when people weigh that against his production on the field. If Chad isnt starting, then I can see Mangini contemplating rolling the dice without him as insurance. If we are going to have a veteran QB making rookie mistakes out there for a bunch more money than said rookie, then the rookie and his price tag will start looking like a viable option for a back-up. Im not going to say this wont be a gamble, but essentially playing Pennington is no less of a gamble at this point IMO. I guess it all boils down to "how good is Ratliff", and "how much does Chads presence on the field positively effect this offense?". He is a locker room presence and leader in many aspects, but at some point someone in the FO will decide that this team is growing away from Pennington and keeping him here is hindering the growth process.

Signing a FA vet is a definate possibility here, and that may well be what happens. Of course this is just my opinion and take on the QB issue, and Im probably way off base on it but hey.

how does trading Chad make the team better?

I think the guys who have made the predictions in this thread are probably only

a few players off from what will actually be the roster on opening day.

However in regards to predicting the PS, if the past two seasons are any indication,

Mangini signs and cuts players before the start of the season at the drop of a hat.

If anyone right now could even come up with 3 of the 8 PS players on opening day

they deserve an award.

I think the guys who have made the predictions in this thread are probably only

a few players off from what will actually be the roster on opening day.

However in regards to predicting the PS, if the past two seasons are any indication,

Mangini signs and cuts players before the start of the season at the drop of a hat.

If anyone right now could even come up with 3 of the 8 PS players on opening day

they deserve an award.

the Jets are pretty cool about that Senior-they put a guy on for 3 weeks and then cut him for another guy and then re-sign them...this way more guys end up making money

how does trading Chad make the team better?

I just get the feeling that Pennington wont be here, and Ive never disliked Chad so its not because Im a hater. Im just not convinced that keeping Penny makes the team all that much better. Yeah its good to have a back-up QB with the experience that Penny has, but if when hes out on the field he looks like he did last year how much is he really helping as a back-up?

This is assuming Clemens is starting, so if Pennington is starting this becomes moot.

Archived