Most overrated bands

Alk

Who are some of the most overrated bands? I'll start.

Radiohead - I hear these guys on XM all the freakin' time. I just don't understand how people think they are so great. The singer has the whiniest freakin' voice ever.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Who are some of the most overrated bands? I'll start.

Radiohead - I hear these guys on XM all the freakin' time. I just don't understand how people think they are so great. The singer has the whiniest freakin' voice ever.

I liked Radiohead's first album.

Most overrated for me? Nirvana, The Beatles and Pink Floyd.:box:

zip it! i knew you'd throw nirvana up there as soon as i saw that alk started this thread.

Rolling Stones

Guns 'n Roses

Janice Joplin

Dave Matthews Band

Audioslave

hmm, JMO.

Good call on Audioslave. I don't know what it is but those "supergroups" never seem to live up to the billing.

zip it! i knew you'd throw nirvana up there as soon as i saw that alk started this thread.

Rolling Stones

Guns 'n Roses

Janice Joplin

Dave Matthews Band

Audioslave

hmm, JMO.

I could not agree more. As a matter of fact, I think Dave Matthews SUCKS.

****ing Who fans!

Sorry. I did like the early Stones, but most of their albums are abysmal. Everything they did in the last 15 years should be sealed in a giant cave after having been exposed to plutonium. I will say the I wish I was as good a guitar player as Keef, and that they wrote some classic tunes. It's just that I think they've been resting on their laurels for decades.

Anyone who puts down Nirvana doesn't remember how bad music was before they hit the scenes. They changed music.

They changed music into something good? are you serious? they killed rock and roll. All we have now thanks to nirvana is emo and rap.

They changed music into something good? are you serious? they killed rock and roll. All we have now thanks to nirvana is emo and rap.

How did Nirvana kill rock and roll? The biggest thing on the scene before Nirvana was freaking hair metal, the 80's version of emo. Stoner rock/metal and doom metal are 2 genres that started around the same time as Nirvana just much less popular. I'm talking about Kyuss, Queens of the Stone Age, Sleep.

And Coldplay blows.

like all musical questions, this is just a matter of taste... and of course people will react negatively to certain bands being mentioned.

for example, it is outrageous to me that someone would mention the beatles as being overrated, yet i know that thor mentioned them and i know that pdm doesnt not like them..

and of course we all know that pdm is cool. :D

i disagree with a bunch on people'slists

overrated and influential are two different ways to look at it.

i think nirvana was very influential.. but i also think they are overrated.

so overrated is very subjective. a lot of it is related to the genre of music you like.

as a dead fan, i think that phish was a wanabee band theat totally missed the mark.

as #27 says, i am a ****ing who fan, so i am not crazy about the stones.. yet like boro, i think theiir early stuff was much better then their later stuff. I also object to a ton of the mysogonist lyrics.

not a metal fan, and therefore i think a ton of that music is just noise and therefore overrated .. though i know zep is considered metal to some, i really enjoy their music but i dont like sabbath and deep purple.. but more current bands like mettalica and iron madien .. not my style.. and i think they are overrated... BUT to a metalhead .. they might be influential.

ok i will stop.. i am babbling.. i need to get more sleep.. lol

like all musical questions, this is just a matter of taste... and of course people will react negatively to certain bands being mentioned.

That's a very good point GG.

This whole thing is a very pointless arguement. Everyone has their own preferences in music and there is very little anyone can say or do to change that.

Archived