Injuries - Who can't get hurt

Maxman

Hate to even raise the subject. But injuries are a reality. If you could guarantee that one NY Jet didn't get hurt this season who would it be?

On most teams you would pick the QB. Me I am going Kris Jenkins. I think he is the key to the entire defense.

I have three.

1. Alan Faneca -- He is the glue that will be holding this teams Offensive Line together.

2. David Harris -- He is the glue that holds the Linebacking core together. I do not want to think about Brad Kassell starting in Harris' spot.

and...

3. Laveranues Coles -- There is no depth behind Coles & Cotchery at receiver and Coles, with his concussion problems, has a much better chance of getting hurt and missing substantial time. We do not want to see one of the young kids start.

Kris Jenkins would be a bad loss as well, but I believe in Sione Pouha.

I have three.

1. Alan Faneca -- He is the glue that will be holding this teams Offensive Line together.

2. David Harris -- He is the glue that holds the Linebacking core together. I do not want to think about Brad Kassell starting in Harris' spot.

and...

3. Laveranues Coles -- There is no depth behind Coles & Cotchery at receiver and Coles, with his concussion problems, has a much better chance of getting hurt and missing substantial time. We do not want to see one of the young kids start.

Kris Jenkins would be a bad loss as well, but I believe in Sione Pouha.

So Nuge is expendable??? :P

I think everyone's short list is roughly the same. Jenkins, Coles, Harris, Faneca and a speed rushing lb.

I am saying if you can only pick one of them -- I am going Jenkins. Losing Faneca would be bad. But I think Jenkins would hurt more. I believe that Jenkins is going to make Harris even better and allow the other linebackers to get to the QB.

My list would probably go in this order:

1. Jenkins

2. Faneca

3. Coles

I think everyone's short list is roughly the same. Jenkins, Coles, Harris, Faneca and a speed rushing lb.

I am saying if you can only pick one of them -- I am going Jenkins. Losing Faneca would be bad. But I think Jenkins would hurt more. I believe that Jenkins is going to make Harris even better and allow the other linebackers to get to the QB.

My list would probably go in this order:

1. Jenkins

2. Faneca

3. Coles

See,I'd go with Faneca over Jenkins. While the defense hasn't been stellar the past 2 years, it survived with Dewayne Robertson on the nose. I'd rather lose Jenkins and keep going with Sione Pouha at NT than I would Jacob Bender at LG.

See,I'd go with Faneca over Jenkins. While the defense hasn't been stellar the past 2 years, it survived with Dewayne Robertson on the nose. I'd rather lose Jenkins and keep going with Sione Pouha at NT than I would Jacob Bender at LG.

That seems to be the sentiment, I think I am in the minority here. Hopefully none of them get hurt but speed rushing linebackers won't do a lot of good until they finally control the line of scrimmage. Pouha wasn't real young coming out so I guess I think his upside isn't as great as others do. I see him as a backup nothing more.

Hate to even raise the subject. But injuries are a reality. If you could guarantee that one NY Jet didn't get hurt this season who would it be?

On most teams you would pick the QB. Me I am going Kris Jenkins. I think he is the key to the entire defense.

Everyone.

That seems to be the sentiment, I think I am in the minority here. Hopefully none of them get hurt but speed rushing linebackers won't do a lot of good until they finally control the line of scrimmage. Pouha wasn't real young coming out so I guess I think his upside isn't as great as others do. I see him as a backup nothing more.[/quote]

I don't see him as any more either, but I don't even see Jacob Bender as a backup. Pouha and Mosley seem to have proven themselves as at least competent backup D-Lineman, but we still have no OL depth and if anyone on the line gets hurt we're right back to where we were last season. Faneca just happens to be the best player in our thin OL group.

If I were to make a list, I think it'd go

1.Entire O-Line (Faneca,Ferguson,Mangold,Woody,Moore in that order)

2.Jenkins

3.Harris

4.Revis

I'm going to say Mangold or Cotchery. Without J-Cotch or Coles our QB will have now very limited weapons.

I'll go with Harris and Mangold for now, but I reserve the right to name another player or two after I've seen a few plays made in a real game.

"Addendum"

In your signature expression piece, you mean "their" and you are using "there". When something is owned, possessed, the word to use is "their". If you are pointing to where something is, the word to use is there.

In your signature expression piece, you mean "their" and you are using "there". When something is owned, possessed, the word to use is "their". If you are pointing to where something is, the word to use is there.

GRAMMAR POLICE!! GRAMMAR POLICE!!

Archived