Skins trade for Dolphins' Taylor after Phillips goes down

BP

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
While that left a bit of a sour taste in my mouth, I think you've taken it out of context a bit. When he says that, he's implying that he hopes his acting career takes off after football. If he's known as a football player 10 years from now, that means he didn't make in Hollywood.

I do agree that his mind and passion are out of football, though. And that's why it was a hell of a deal for us.

Thanks. I didn't realize you were the douchebags spokesman. :P BTW: I agree, it was an excellent deal for Miami. You can certainly go 1-15 with or without him. He adds nothing to your win total.

Look at it another way.

If the Dolphins:

• had the worst record in the NFL last year
  • have not demonstrated they have a legitimate starting QB for the upcoming season
  • have suck-so-far issues with their last 2 first-round picks
  • just traded away their star MLB this past off-season
  • just traded away their #1 WR during last season
  • just traded away the NFL reception leader in the prior off-season
  • will be starting a new (rookie) LT, a new LG who is coming off a serious shoulder injury, and a RT who hasn't nearly lived up to his first-round billing.
  • have a (however talented) RB who is coming off injury (again), this time for a blown knee
  • have a new head coach & coaching staff in place
  • likely will be going with a 3-4 defense

and then TRADED a 2nd and a 6th for:

• a 34 year old (on Sept 1st) pass-rushing DE
  • who is best-suited for a 4-man front
  • who (while still a very good player) is clearly on the declining-side of his career
  • who has publicly said he doesn't want to play in Miami this year
  • who they'll be lucky to get 2 years out of even if he changed his tune (or rather, his dance step)
  • who has already made his plans to retire from the NFL before long

then what would your opinions be? Mine would be that it's one of the dumbest moves a rebuilding franchise can make.

Great move for Miami.

Tuna has his hands tied. JT wasn't going to help his team do anything this season (as if they are going to do anything this season) so getting some value for him was good.

That being said, the Dolphins now have absolutley NO PROVEN TALENT on that team. Just a bunch of guys.

3-4 wins. Max.

(not official)

L - SEPT. 7 NEW YORK JETS 1:00 P.M. CBS

L - Sept. 14 at Arizona Cardinals 4:15 p.m. CBS

L - Sept. 21 at New England Patriots 1:00 p.m. CBS

L - OCT. 5 SAN DIEGO CHARGERS 1:00 P.M. CBS

W - Oct. 12 at Houston Texans 1:00 p.m. CBS

L - OCT. 19 BALTIMORE RAVENS 1:00 P.M. CBS

L - OCT. 26 BUFFALO BILLS 1:00 P.M. CBS

L - Nov. 2 at Denver Broncos 4:05 p.m. CBS

L - NOV. 9 SEATTLE SEAHAWKS 1:00 P.M. FOX

W - NOV. 16 OAKLAND RAIDERS 1:00 P.M.# CBS

L - NOV. 23 NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS 1:00 P.M.# CBS

L - Nov. 30 at St. Louis Rams 1:00 p.m.# CBS

L - Dec. 7 at Buffalo Bills (Toronto) 4:05 p.m.# CBS

W - DEC. 14 SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS 1:00 P.M.# FOX

L - Dec. 21 at Kansas City Chiefs 1:00 p.m.# CBS

L - Dec. 28 at New York Jets 1:00 p.m.# CBS

BZ

Look at it another way.

If the Dolphins:

• had the worst record in the NFL last year
  • have not demonstrated they have a legitimate starting QB for the upcoming season
  • have suck-so-far issues with their last 2 first-round picks
  • just traded away their star MLB this past off-season
  • just traded away their #1 WR during last season
  • just traded away the NFL reception leader in the prior off-season
  • will be starting a new (rookie) LT, a new LG who is coming off a serious shoulder injury, and a RT who hasn't nearly lived up to his first-round billing.
  • have a (however talented) RB who is coming off injury (again), this time for a blown knee
  • have a new head coach & coaching staff in place
  • likely will be going with a 3-4 defense

and then TRADED a 2nd and a 6th for:

• a 34 year old (on Sept 1st) pass-rushing DE
  • who is best-suited for a 4-man front
  • who (while still a very good player) is clearly on the declining-side of his career
  • who has publicly said he doesn't want to play in Miami this year
  • who they'll be lucky to get 2 years out of even if he changed his tune (or rather, his dance step)
  • who has already made his plans to retire from the NFL before long

then what would your opinions be? Mine would be that it's one of the dumbest moves a rebuilding franchise can make.

Great move for Miami.

Well summed up. The Skins must really believe they're a Superbowl contender with Taylor, otherwise I just don't get the move at all.

Tuna has his hands tied. JT wasn't going to help his team do anything this season (as if they are going to do anything this season) so getting some value for him was good.

That being said, the Dolphins now have absolutley NO PROVEN TALENT on that team. Just a bunch of guys.

3-4 wins. Max.

(not official)

BZ

Oh c'mon BZ, Miami has proven talent. Ricky Williams had lots of talent in 2002 and 2003, he proved himself then. Ronnie Brown proved he had talent last year, (Ronnie also has proved that he can't play a full 16 games). Justin Smiley our new o-lineman from the 49r's has talent. Our #1 pick Jake Long has talent. Samson Satele in his rookie year proved he has talent as a center. Jason Ferguson is a proven talent at nose tackle. Vonnie Holiday has earned his stripes as having talent too. Joey Porter shows his talent when he flashes his Superbowl ring, same for Tobor at linebacker. Will Allen at CB was one of the best corners in the league last year, he has talent. A.J. Feeley our kicker is oozing with talent, he's no Nuge, but he's pretty darn good;)

The most talented Dolphin right now? The front office. They were able to get a high 2nd rd. pick and a 6th rd pick for a disgruntled 34 year old cry baby with a $8,100,000.00 yearly salary. Considering Miami drafted him 11 years ago in the 3rd, they got a hell of a deal.

Those are slim pick'ns when it comes to your talents pool.

- Ronnie Brown is inconsistant and injury prone

- Never heard of Justin Smiley

- Rookies haven't "proven" anything till they play so you can wipe the off your list

- Samson Satele led you to that 1-15? That is talented.

- Jason Ferguson and Joey Porter HAD talent.

- A.J. Feeley? Seriously? That is your talented player?

No QB? No WR? No MLB? No DE?

Yeah, you guys are going places.

BZ

Oh c'mon BZ, Miami has proven talent. Ricky Williams had lots of talent in 2002 and 2003, he proved himself then. Ronnie Brown proved he had talent last year, (Ronnie also has proved that he can't play a full 16 games). Justin Smiley our new o-lineman from the 49r's has talent. Our #1 pick Jake Long has talent. Samson Satele in his rookie year proved he has talent as a center. Jason Ferguson is a proven talent at nose tackle. Vonnie Holiday has earned his stripes as having talent too. Joey Porter shows his talent when he flashes his Superbowl ring, same for Tobor at linebacker. Will Allen at CB was one of the best corners in the league last year, he has talent. A.J. Feeley our kicker is oozing with talent, he's no Nuge, but he's pretty darn good;)

The most talented Dolphin right now? The front office. They were able to get a high 2nd rd. pick and a 6th rd pick for a disgruntled 34 year old cry baby with a $8,100,000.00 yearly salary. Considering Miami drafted him 11 years ago in the 3rd, they got a hell of a deal.

Those really are some old ****ers to be the talent base on a rebuilding team. Reggie Torbor Will Allen? Are you kidding? I watched the Giants. They weren't exactly crushed by those guys leaving.

Is it just me or are Dolphin fans the most delusional in all of sports? Its one thing to support your team, its another to pump up the likes of John Beck, Ted Ginn Jr, and co.

I can think of an other fanbase that pretty darn delusional. Starts with a J.....

LOL!

Is it just me or are Dolphin fans the most delusional in all of sports? Its one thing to support your team, its another to pump up the likes of John Beck, Ted Ginn Jr, and co.

It's pathetic how they think, John Beck? Seriously?

Get real.

It's pathetic how they think, John Beck? Seriously?

Get real.

They are a different breed those Dolphin fans. Most of them don't even live in South Florida and if they do they certainly don't go to the games.

Most of them are still living in the "glory" years of the '70's. What a pathetic fanbase.

As usual you are quite delusional. :biggrin:

Back off will ya? They've got Ted Ginn !! Oops sorry make that Ted Ginn JR. :biggrin:

Bro I don't think you want that to happen again, because we will be getting another high draft pick. I said 7-9 with JT there, now I will say realistically 5-11. I think the trade works best for both teams right now.

NOOOOoooooo....

Miami with two Kick Returners is a VERY scary thought. In fact its so scary, I'm now rooting for them to win the Super Bowl. :Nuts:

3-4 wins. Max.

(not official)

BZ

Would you like to make a friendly wager?

How about if the Dolphins win more than 3 games, you have to sport a Dolphins avatar until the draft, but if the they don't I'll sport a Jets avatar.

We were 1-15 WITH Taylor. He wasn't responsible for any wins last year, he wasn't going to be responsible for any wins this year.

We're going to miss Zach Thomas way more than Taylor.

I agree on Zach. I think he would of had better talent around him this year then he had last year.

Those are slim pick'ns when it comes to your talents pool.

- Ronnie Brown is inconsistant and injury prone

- Never heard of Justin Smiley

- Rookies haven't "proven" anything till they play so you can wipe the off your list

- Samson Satele led you to that 1-15? That is talented.

- Jason Ferguson and Joey Porter HAD talent.

- A.J. Feeley? Seriously? That is your talented player?

No QB? No WR? No MLB? No DE?

Yeah, you guys are going places.

BZ

Not inconsistent, when he plays he plays well. I don't know about injury prone, the ACL was the first injury where his body failed him. He cracked his hand on a helmet in 2006, that's just bad luck.

Justin Smiley is a good, proven guard in this league.

Satele was no good because we were 1-15? Come on, BZ, that's a pathetic argument and you know it. I guess Kerry Rhodes, David Harris and Laverneous Coles are all garbage because the Jets were 4-12, huh?

The kicker's name is Jay, please never mention AJ again. :lol:

We don't know about our quarterback. I happen to think Beck is the guy.

Ginn will be a legitimate wide receiver, he became polished and showed the ability to run the underneath routes late in the year last year.

We just drafted 2 DEs, still have Holliday, and we signed Torbor and Ayodele to play in the middle at LB.

Just because you haven't heard of someone doesn't make them no good.

They are a different breed those Dolphin fans. Most of them don't even live in South Florida and if they do they certainly don't go to the games.

Most of them are still living in the "glory" years of the '70's. What a pathetic fanbase.

The only thing worse than a Dolphins fan hyping John Beck is the clowns that think he's career is over based on 3 1/2 career games.

I guess the Colts should've given up on Peyton Manning after his first 4 games when he was an interception machine too, huh? :rolleyes:

The only thing worse than a Dolphins fan hyping John Beck is the clowns that think he's career is over based on 3 1/2 career games.

I guess the Colts should've given up on Peyton Manning after his first 4 games when he was an interception machine too, huh? :rolleyes:

To be fair manning was a much better prospect and still managed to throw 26 Td's despite his INT's troubles in his rookie year. (also started all 16 games)

To be fair manning was a much better prospect and still managed to throw 26 Td's despite his INT's troubles in his rookie year. (also started all 16 games)

Yeah I'm just exagerrating the idea a bit to demonstrate how ridiculous it is to call Beck a bust based on 4 games with an awful team.

Not inconsistent, when he plays he plays well. I don't know about injury prone, the ACL was the first injury where his body failed him. He cracked his hand on a helmet in 2006, that's just bad luck.

Justin Smiley is a good, proven guard in this league.

Satele was no good because we were 1-15? Come on, BZ, that's a pathetic argument and you know it. I guess Kerry Rhodes, David Harris and Laverneous Coles are all garbage because the Jets were 4-12, huh?

The kicker's name is Jay, please never mention AJ again. :lol:

We don't know about our quarterback. I happen to think Beck is the guy.

Ginn will be a legitimate wide receiver, he became polished and showed the ability to run the underneath routes late in the year last year.

We just drafted 2 DEs, still have Holliday, and we signed Torbor and Ayodele to play in the middle at LB.

Just because you haven't heard of someone doesn't make them no good.

I have heard most of those players, but just because you have doesn't make them proven talent.

Are they players with a lot of upside? Untested? Diamonds in the rough? Sure...

Proven talent? No.

BZ

I'll take a bet.. if the Dolphins win more than 5 games I'll have a dolfag avatar and sig for a year. If they don't you have to leave this message board for a year.

Well BZ said 3 wins and I'm certain that won't happen which is why I suggested the bet.

In your scenario here if the Dolphins go 5-11 that means I lose, right? I can do that, let's shorten the length though. How about I can return on April 1 or you can remove your Dolphins avy on April 1? (whichever happens.)

Deal?

Well BZ said 3 wins and I'm certain that won't happen which is why I suggested the bet.

In your scenario here if the Dolphins go 5-11 that means I lose, right? I can do that, let's shorten the length though. How about I can return on April 1 or you can remove your Dolphins avy on April 1? (whichever happens.)

Deal?

done. and I don't reneg on my bets. If the dolphins win 6 games I'll wear a giant sig and avatar. You have to go and make no secondary accounts. ;)

done. and I don't reneg on my bets. If the dolphins win 6 games I'll wear a giant sig and avatar. You have to go and make no secondary accounts. ;)

Not sure what I've done to earn the rep that causes you to request my banishment, but will do.

I'll try to fit the terms in my sig now.

Not sure what I've done to earn the rep that causes you to request my banishment, but will do.

I'll try to fit the terms in my sig now.

Nothing, I'd make the same bet will all fins fans. the only thing worse than a pats fans in a fins fan.

Archived