STATE YOUR HERMAN STANCE NOW!!!!!

TomShane

Pro Herm or Anti Herm?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Pro Herm or Anti Herm?

• Pro Herm
    • Anti-Herm
    • vehemently and/or rabidly anti-Herm

One, I would always root for an AFCE team in the Super Bowl.

I rooted for the Pats versus the Rams. Can't say that I've been much of a supporter in the other two. You would even back the Fins?? Doesn't that just put a knot in your stomach?

• Replies 419
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I rooted for the Pats versus the Rams. Can't say that I've been much of a supporter in the other two. You would even back the Fins?? Doesn't that just put a knot in your stomach?

Yea, I'd root for the Phins.

I remember back in the early '90's (when the Pats really sucked) rooting for the Bills in 4 straight Super Bowls.

I thought I was jinxed or something.

Can you imagine being a Bills fan? :shock:

It's my M.O. to say outrageous and provocative things. I resent generic spewing, don't rock the boat, don't take any real chances, don't go out on a limb, just spew cliches posters going through my posts with a fine tooth comb, looking for something they can use to derail the topic, just to make me look stupid. It doesn't require much character to do that. I basically post stream of consciesness and sometimes innacuracies get posted. I see them after I post, I edit once, I edit twice, then somebody responds while I'm editting, I get frustrated etc. Whatever. But I refuse to compromise who I am, because of my faults. Sure, I can be a guy who never says anything bad about Herm, or critical of the team, always positive etc. A CLICHE SPITTER. But what fun would that be? I know there are alot of posters who hate me and everything I stand for: Originality, individuality, cutting edge...

I think they are jealous and I think they feel somewhat threatened by me. I make them feel uncomfortable. I talk about race. I talk about taboo subjects. And I talk about them openly, in public, for all the world to see. I leave myself wide open to abuse and criticism.

This is anathema to most people. For most people, they were conditioned and raised to put on a front, never let anybody know what you are really thinking. Guard your thoughts. Fork on the right, spoon on the left. Don't offend people. Fit in. Get your I's dotted and your T's crossed. Ostracise the misfit. Join the right club. Say generic things. Never go out on a limb. Engage in group think.

Let me set the record straight about Rashard Casey:

Casey and high school teammate Desmond Miller had been accused of assaulting Patrick D. Fitzsimmons as the officer left a bar in Hoboken, N.J., on May 14, 2000.

A Grand Jury cleared him. Herman Edwards invited Casey to Jet camp, in August 2001. That's when I looked into the case. My friends brother is a cop in Hoboken, and I asked my friend what he thought, and his response was "He did it".

All that other stuff about paying people off with money, "TC" or otherwise, was pure speculation on my part. To clarify, my implication was that somebody must have to an interest in seeing Casey get off, and that a grand jury was tampered with. When the same eyewitnesses and the same evidence puts two men, Casey and co-defendent Miller, at the scene of the crime, and one walks scot free and the other is indicted...

Police said Casey punched Fitzsimmons, and that Casey and Miller kicked Fitzsimmons repeatedly in the head after he left a bar. Police said the men were angry that Fitzsimmons, who is white, left the bar with a black woman.

Ed DeFazio, deputy first assistant prosecutor for Hudson County, N.J., said the grand jury did not find probable cause to return an indictment against Casey, but returned a third-degree assault charge against Miller.

Hoboken police chief Carmen LaBruno said he was "somewhat surprised" at the grand jury.

"Our system of criminal justice is such that the jury made its decision, and I must respect that decision, but that it is inconsistent with the facts," LaBruno said.

The chief said three eyewitnesses said they saw Casey strike the officer.

In addition, two of Casey's friends heard him utter a racial slur at the officer, while a third friend said Casey was involved in a "verbal altercation" with the officer, LaBruno said.

Also, the medical evidence showed three separate injuries to the officer, showing he took more than one blow, the chief said.

McAlevy said they will continue to defend a civil suit filed against Casey by Fitzsimmons, who seeks an unspecified amount of money as compensation for "severe and painful injuries."

I brought this up re-Edwards because I feel it further demonstrates Herm's incompetence as a manager of a multi-million dollar organization. First of all, as I previously stated, Herm was pre-occupied with a social agenda that took away from his job specifications. When you see the HC make innapropriate time outs, and mismanage the play clock, 3 years in a row, you have to look back at his rookie season, and ask yourself just what kind of foundation was he building, here? In and of itself, it can be argued that wanting to see "More black QB's in the NFL" (He did say that in 2001, I'm still searching for the exact quote) is a noble gesture. But for petes sake, Herm, was it a priority? I wouldn't have a problem with it, in general, if Herm demonstrated he had his ducks in a row. Specifically, as it pertains to Rashard Casey, I was aghast that Herm could be that irresponsible to bring this guy into camp. On top of all the other things Herm was going to have to deal with as a rookie HC, did he really need this distraction? Hey, it was still Herm's honeymoon, so everybody just looked the other way. But what I was soon to learn, that looking the other way every time Herm engaged in folly, would become the norm.

Again, pure speculation:

The grand jury doesn't indict Casey. 3 witnesses say they say him kick Fitzsimmons in the head, but he walks. I think "somebody with power enough to tamper with a grand jury investigation took an interest in Casey". Quid Pro Quo? Hi, Im Joey Scungillo, I'm an agent, I represent Rashard. Rashard has a legitimate shot at getting in the NFL. Can we talk? So whoever "took an interest" in Casey, to see that his career could go forward uninterupted, wasn't doing it pro-bono. They'd want something in return, down the line. They were banking on Rashard being a starter on an NFL team. And then it would be payback time.

Sound crazy? Probably. But hey, I gotta be me.

Re Brandon Moore- I don't recall Herm ever stating a social concern to see that "more black guards" get a chance to play in the NFL.

I always got a sense that the immortal Tory Woodbury was Edwards' attempt to show everyone he like Parcells with Ray Lucas could establish a running QB on his team. Whichh when the Jets ran a system as rigid and formulaic as Hackett's WCO, was a waste of time. Such a a player(color being irrelevant) just doesn't work in the WCO.

Quincy Carter wasn't a as much a mobile QB a solid good backup,and Edwards and Hackett filled his head with crap and never seemed to take advatnage of his running ability. And let's be honest-while you cannot blame Edwards for his relapse, having his coach throw him under the bus for the Ravens fiasco when the NFL Network tape shows the blame is clearly with the bumbling of Edwards and Curl sure didn't help Carter. When you tell us what a great guy Edwards is, don't forget that.

Absolutely lag, for 2 reasons.

One, I would always root for an AFCE team in the Super Bowl.

Two, there are some great Jet fans (not all mind you :wink: ) who deserve to see the Jets win a Super Bowl.

You mean ANOTHER Super Bowl right Tx?

I agree, stick to the AFC East, it is hard but doable.

BZ

It's my M.O. to say outrageous and provocative things. I resent generic spewing, don't rock the boat, don't take any real chances, don't go out on a limb, just spew cliches posters going through my posts with a fine tooth comb, looking for something they can use to derail the topic, just to make me look stupid. It doesn't require much character to do that. I basically post stream of consciesness and sometimes innacuracies get posted. I see them after I post, I edit once, I edit twice, then somebody responds while I'm editting, I get frustrated etc. Whatever. But I refuse to compromise who I am, because of my faults. Sure, I can be a guy who never says anything bad about Herm, or critical of the team, always positive etc. A CLICHE SPITTER. But what fun would that be? I know there are alot of posters who hate me and everything I stand for: Originality, individuality, cutting edge...

I think they are jealous and I think they feel somewhat threatened by me. I make them feel uncomfortable. I talk about race. I talk about taboo subjects. And I talk about them openly, in public, for all the world to see. I leave myself wide open to abuse and criticism.

This is anathema to most people. For most people, they were conditioned and raised to put on a front, never let anybody know what you are really thinking. Guard your thoughts. Fork on the right, spoon on the left. Don't offend people. Fit in. Get your I's dotted and your T's crossed. Ostracise the misfit. Join the right club. Say generic things. Never go out on a limb. Engage in group think.

Let me set the record straight about Rashard Casey:

Casey and high school teammate Desmond Miller had been accused of assaulting Patrick D. Fitzsimmons as the officer left a bar in Hoboken, N.J., on May 14, 2000.

A Grand Jury cleared him. Herman Edwards invited Casey to Jet camp, in August 2001. That's when I looked into the case. My friends brother is a cop in Hoboken, and I asked my friend what he thought, and his response was "He did it".

All that other stuff about paying people off with money, "TC" or otherwise, was pure speculation on my part. To clarify, my implication was that somebody must have to an interest in seeing Casey get off, and that a grand jury was tampered with. When the same eyewitnesses and the same evidence puts two men, Casey and co-defendent Miller, at the scene of the crime, and one walks scot free and the other is indicted...

Police said Casey punched Fitzsimmons, and that Casey and Miller kicked Fitzsimmons repeatedly in the head after he left a bar. Police said the men were angry that Fitzsimmons, who is white, left the bar with a black woman.

Ed DeFazio, deputy first assistant prosecutor for Hudson County, N.J., said the grand jury did not find probable cause to return an indictment against Casey, but returned a third-degree assault charge against Miller.

Hoboken police chief Carmen LaBruno said he was "somewhat surprised" at the grand jury.

"Our system of criminal justice is such that the jury made its decision, and I must respect that decision, but that it is inconsistent with the facts," LaBruno said.

The chief said three eyewitnesses said they saw Casey strike the officer.

In addition, two of Casey's friends heard him utter a racial slur at the officer, while a third friend said Casey was involved in a "verbal altercation" with the officer, LaBruno said.

Also, the medical evidence showed three separate injuries to the officer, showing he took more than one blow, the chief said.

McAlevy said they will continue to defend a civil suit filed against Casey by Fitzsimmons, who seeks an unspecified amount of money as compensation for "severe and painful injuries."

I brought this up re-Edwards because I feel it further demonstrates Herm's incompetence as a manager of a multi-million dollar organization. First of all, as I previously stated, Herm was pre-occupied with a social agenda that took away from his job specifications. When you see the HC make innapropriate time outs, and mismanage the play clock, 3 years in a row, you have to look back at his rookie season, and ask yourself just what kind of foundation was he building, here? In and of itself, it can be argued that wanting to see "More black QB's in the NFL" (He did say that in 2001, I'm still searching for the exact quote) is a noble gesture. But for petes sake, Herm, was it a priority? I wouldn't have a problem with it, in general, if Herm demonstrated he had his ducks in a row. Specifically, as it pertains to Rashard Casey, I was aghast that Herm could be that irresponsible to bring this guy into camp. On top of all the other things Herm was going to have to deal with as a rookie HC, did he really need this distraction? Hey, it was still Herm's honeymoon, so everybody just looked the other way. But what I was soon to learn, that looking the other way every time Herm engaged in folly, would become the norm.

Again, pure speculation:

The grand jury doesn't indict Casey. 3 witnesses say they say him kick Fitzsimmons in the head, but he walks. I think "somebody with power enough to tamper with a grand jury investigation took an interest in Casey". Quid Pro Quo? Hi, Im Joey Scungillo, I'm an agent, I represent Rashard. Rashard has a legitimate shot at getting in the NFL. Can we talk? So whoever "took an interest" in Casey, to see that his career could go forward uninterupted, wasn't doing it pro-bono. They'd want something in return, down the line. They were banking on Rashard being a starter on an NFL team. And then it would be payback time.

Sound crazy? Probably. But hey, I gotta be me.

Re Brandon Moore- I don't recall Herm ever stating a social concern to see that "more black guards" get a chance to play in the NFL.

At least you are consistent JetMo :?

It's my M.O. to say outrageous and provocative things...(body of text deleated for space reasons)...Sound crazy? Probably. But hey, I gotta be me.

Don't worry Moses, you know most of us like ya as you are pal. And remember, that's coming from ME, one of your most dedicated Politcal Forum debate opponents AND a died-in-the-wool Herm-aphrodite! :mrgreen:

Oh, and on the "Do you root for the other AFC East teams if the Jets are out of it??" question.....

My answer is simple: F*ucking Hell No!! Sorry, but there is no way in hell I root for my most dedicated rivals just cause we blow it and are out of the picture.

When the Jets are out, I don't really root for any specific team (except, in a VERY small way, the Steelers, since I like Pittsburgh alot and my GF and her family have ties there.....oh an Primanti Bro's Sammiches Rock!!). Other than that, I might root for a specific player I like (Or more likely, root AGAINST a player I hate), but never too enthusiasticly. No Jets = No Care.

My opinion on Herm has not budged one iota. I love the Jets, but I feel no need to have any loyalty towards Herm. He has had 4 years to correct his mistakes and has, for the most part, failed, even after hiring an assistant to help with the "little things" that ALL head coaches should be aware of.

I think the real place for Herm is in the college game, where you don't need to be as concerned with stuff like blocking assignments along the offensive line, clock management, and communication with the coaching staff. I just don't believe he is a good head coach. We could do worse, obviously, and as long as he has a good supporting cast, the Jets might just make some noise next season. But I feel that ultimately, Herm's career as an NFL head coach will not be a long one.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
herm "cerebrum" edwards is the dumbest man in the NFL. i don't care if he's nice or a good motivator anymore. is it too much to ask for a coach that can count to 60??

$50 says your a women....but which one.....huh?.....huh?".....Hummmm????

Player quote:

"I don't get many chances to play. Herm's given me more opportunities than all my former coaches."

Sincerely,

The 12th man on the field

Just kidding. If our offense (injuries and we are paying Mike H for something) was any better we'd be leading the division....in spite of a few weird timeouts and goofy clock management.

• 1 year later...

Archived