Jets Release Chad Pennington

Maxman

Bob....why do you continue to take shots at me for not liking Chad Pennington?

are you the only one allowed to your opinion?

I think not liking Chad is no crime, but bashing him by saying how bad he sucks right after being released is a little much, like speaking ill of the dead. He is no longer our problem, and I am glad, because I didn't think he had the tools to take us to the super bowl. He did, however, give his heart and soul to the team, returning after several serious injuries, and taking his demotions with class. He never was divisive, and he always was good to the fans. I feel bad for him and I hope he lands a starting job somewhere and is appreciated. He deserves some respect and appreciation from Jet fans for 9 years of service. It's not like there are a lot of other better starters in Jets' history. He will remain one of my favorite all time Jets and I truly wish him well.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So I've been listening to the game over the net, and Woody was just on. Apparently, after Chad found out last night he went and talked to Kellen for an hour or two, making sure he was alright, and stayed through breakfast to eat with Kellen and give him his best wishes. Chad said he was at peace with everything, and wanted to make sure Kellen would be alright too.

Like him or not, thats all class, and as Woody said "who does that nowadays?" Really goes to show how great a guy he was. May karma treat him kindly.

So I've been listening to the game over the net, and Woody was just on. Apparently, after Chad found out last night he went and talked to Kellen for an hour or two, making sure he was alright, and stayed through breakfast to eat with Kellen and give him his best wishes. Chad said he was at peace with everything, and wanted to make sure Kellen would be alright too.

Like him or not, thats all class, and as Woody said "who does that nowadays?" Really goes to show how great a guy he was. May karma treat him kindly.

Chad Pennington class act and true professional.I know I will miss him for the person he was and what he represented.

Careful with that story. It could easily be spun to show that Chad just hung out for a free night of lodging and a free meal.

:)

Just kidding. Chad is all class. How many stories did we read about Chad hanging out signing autographs at camp? Day after day. He was never rude, always patient.

Chad is really someone that we should look up to as a person. We could learn a lot from him.

I think not liking Chad is no crime, but bashing him by saying how bad he sucks right after being released is a little much, like speaking ill of the dead. He is no longer our problem, and I am glad, because I didn't think he had the tools to take us to the super bowl. He did, however, give his heart and soul to the team, returning after several serious injuries, and taking his demotions with class. He never was divisive, and he always was good to the fans. I feel bad for him and I hope he lands a starting job somewhere and is appreciated. He deserves some respect and appreciation from Jet fans for 9 years of service. It's not like there are a lot of other better starters in Jets' history. He will remain one of my favorite all time Jets and I truly wish him well.

Feel bad for him??? FEEL BAD FOR HIM????? The friggin guy is a millionaire!! He doesn't have to worry about how he's going to pay his bills from week to week!!!! He doesn't deserve respect & appreciation from Jets fans!! Why should we respect & appreciate him? For torturing us for 9 years???? He's a selfish pr!ck as far as I'm concerned. He played last year when he was hurt. For some reason people say that he's brave for doing that. He's not brave...HE'S SELFISH!! He's selfish because he wanted to win & not let someone else take the Jets to the playoffs!!! He wanted to be the savior of the Jets no matter what!! By the way....bashing him on a website that he'll probabally never even look at right after he gets released is no big deal!!

There are very few people who would be willing to do that. He really is a class act.

You heard Jeff Garcia when the Packers were after Favre, apparently he was complaining about the situation. You didn't here a thing from Pennington, even now when he's been released.

I can't do anything but hope the best for him. A class act if there evere was one.

Feel bad for him??? FEEL BAD FOR HIM????? The friggin guy is a millionaire!! He doesn't have to worry about how he's going to pay his bills from week to week!!!! He doesn't deserve respect & appreciation from Jets fans!! Why should we respect & appreciate him? For torturing us for 9 years???? He's a selfish pr!ck as far as I'm concerned. He played last year when he was hurt. For some reason people say that he's brave for doing that. He's not brave...HE'S SELFISH!! He's selfish because he wanted to win & not let someone else take the Jets to the playoffs!!! He wanted to be the savior of the Jets no matter what!! By the way....bashing him on a website that he'll probabally never even look at right after he gets released is no big deal!!

The coach names the starters. EVERYONE knew he was hurt. If they felt it was a hinderance, that is their call to make.

The player doesn't make that decision.

There are very few people who would be willing to do that. He really is a class act.

You heard Jeff Garcia when the Packers were after Favre, apparently he was complaining about the situation. You didn't here a thing from Pennington, even now when he's been released.

I can't do anything but hope the best for him. A class act if there evere was one.

You heard a little bit out of Pennington.. What he did last night and today was 100% class, no question, but when the situation came up, a little bit came out of him. Certainly not 2% of what Garcia does, and I'd totally understand what he did.. no knock on him at all, but he wasn't a 100% perfect man.

R.I.P to nothing yet.

You have no idea how this whole thing will pan out.

I know Chad Pennington will never wear a Jets Jersey again. That's good enough for me and the other Jets fans who actually want to win football games.

I know Chad Pennington will never wear a Jets Jersey again. That's good enough for me and the other Jets fans who actually want to win football games.

The mediocrity spanned over a much longer time than the Chad Pennington era. The Jets have not been considered a top tier football team since the days of Willie Joe. The exit of Pennington means sweet **** all until we are sure that we're headed in the right direction.

The mediocrity spanned over a much longer time than the Chad Pennington era. The Jets have not been considered a top tier football team since the days of Willie Joe. The exit of Pennington means sweet **** all until we are sure that we're headed in the right direction.

Addition by subtraction. It's hard for the Chad lovers to see that. We get it but it's true.

Maybe, it still doesn't confirm the end of mediocrity for this franchise. It may be a positive step, but that's it.

This is where the confusion is. When troll says "mediocrity" he is talking about chad pennington's performance on Sundays and not the overall state of the franchise over the last 40 yrs.

I guess you forgot about 1999?

OMG is Ecurb still alive Lord Jesus hold Ecurb's hand and help him through this devastating time. Ecurb the power of christ compels you, the power of christ compels you..to stfu finally

This is uncalled for. Ecurb may very well have an irrational affinity for Chad Pennington that I neither agree with nor completely understand. But he's a good poster, a good guy, and a good Jets fan.

Learn some manners.

This is uncalled for. Ecurb may very well have an irrational affinity for Chad Pennington that I neither agree with nor completely understand. But he's a good poster, a good guy, and a good Jets fan.

Learn some manners.

Very well said !!

Learn some manners.

You're asking a watery pasta sauce that stains nice shirts and tastes like dog poo to learn manners? Good luck with that.

I am late to this thread, but I wish Chad the best. The guy did not have a cannon arm by any means but he had more than enough heart and class.

Even if he does end up with the Dolphins, I hope he does well. He would automatically be their best QB!!

I am late to this thread, but I wish Chad the best. The guy did not have a cannon arm by any means but he had more than enough heart and class.

Even if he does end up with the Dolphins, I hope he does well. He would automatically be their best QB!!

I don't, at all. Though I like Chad as a person, or at least the person the media portrayed, he is no longer a Jet. I hope his tenure with Miami is filled with plenty of silly, weak sideline throws that we return for TDs. It would be nice to see the Miami franchise further implode, sending the other fraud--Parcells--out of town for still another semi-retirement. Good luck in life, Chad, but not in our division or conference. Sorry, dude.

I kinda agree with both sides. Although I will miss Chad as a classy individual and person, his fragile physique and noodle arm are not what I require as a football fan. I wish Chad the best of luck, when he is not playing the Jets. I also think he'd be making a mistake by going to Miami. They have a much worse offense than the Jets. He'd be on the IR in a couple of weeks with that line. He should go somewhere with a good offensive line, where he can prosper. It seems like some people on this board might benefit from emulating Chad as a person.

Chad Pennington is out of a job.What dont you guys understand.He will go to whoever wants him.Yes he wants to be a starting QB but he also wants to be employed and on a team. We are weeks into training camp,not many teams want to bring in a new QB and have to start over.The few that will are obviolsuly weak at the QB position.

Chad will sign with any team that is willing to take a chance on him thats my opinion.He is labeled damaged goods by many teams.Lets not forget that.

I wish Chad the very best except when he plays us.

I hope his tenure with Miami is filled with plenty of silly, weak sideline throws that we return for TDs. It would be nice to see the Miami franchise further implode, sending the other fraud--Parcells--out of town for still another semi-retirement.

That's why I really don't see the Phish thing happening. Parcells is many things but imbecile isn't one of them. I'd be amazed if he brings in Pennington to do anything other than provide guidance and back up - and of course our playbook.

That's why I really don't see the Phish thing happening. Parcells is many things but imbecile isn't one of them. I'd be amazed if he brings in Pennington to do anything other than provide guidance and back up - and of course our playbook.

It would be a mistake for both sides if Chad goes to Miami. It would help the Jets though, so I might be all for it!

Archived