REX RYAN EXPECTED TO GET OFFER FROM JETS

Gen X Jet

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It's funny, day in and day out there are weirdos on here that add nothing to the discussion but negativity and BS, yet when I do it I get cursed out by not 1 but 5 people or called "retarded" like JETSVOICEOFREASON has called me.

Most of the weirdo's here get called out too. LOL

The problem I had was the way you worded those initial posts. It really did give out the impression that you weren't even prepared to give Ryan a chance. I just don't understand why anyone would give up on a first time HC before he's coached a game.

I never called you anything directly, I said that that overall idea of giving up on someone so early was pathetic.

It's funny, day in and day out there are weirdos on here that add nothing to the discussion but negativity and BS, yet when I do it I get cursed out by not 1 but 5 people or called "retarded" like JETSVOICEOFREASON has called me.

Curse them back!!!:D

I really hope you get to see the jets win a SB in your lifetime!!!

it was marvelous!!!! Curt Gowdies voice was magical....rapture

tell them to phuck off

do what you preach. u were mr negative all year and now you want people to get behind you. stop wasting my time with your bs

I was Mr. Negative for two reasons - Brett Favre & Our Coaching Staff. Pretty easy to see why I was so negative too when you see the complete collapse by all involved to end the season. Yeah, so much to be postive about.:face:

Hopefully Favre will retire and both of things are gone. Hence the optimism.

Curse them back!!!:D

I really hope you get to see the jets win a SB in your lifetime!!!

it was marvelous!!!! Curt Gowdies voice was magical....rapture

tell them to phuck off

I thought there was an un written rule about Personal Attacks on here?

She did already. Where were you?

Err..my mom was 2 yrs old when the JETS won a Superbowl...

take this year of nfl as a whole. now switch rob and rex. would the results be a lot different?

Possibly. I have no idea, but there is no reason to think Rob iis better than Rex. If there were Rob would be getting head offers and not Rex. As it is, Davis wouldn't even interview Rob for the Raiders job and he supposedly loves Rob.

Why do you think Rob is better? A real reason, not because the Raiders suck. They have talent on D and they are in around 25.

I was Mr. Negative for two reasons - Brett Favre & Our Coaching Staff. Pretty easy to see why I was so negative too when you see the complete collapse by all involved to end the season. Yeah, so much to be postive about.:face:

Hopefully Favre will retire and both of things are gone. Hence the optimism.

so only u have the right to be negative? nobody else can release there frustrations on this board GTFO

I think you answered your own question there. It's retarded when people do that type of thing. But I do take it back about you personally being retarded if you can actually talk about why you feel your opinion is justified.

Possibly. I have no idea, but there is no reason to think Rob iis better than Rex. If there were Rob would be getting head offers and not Rex. As it is, Davis wouldn't even interview Rob for the Raiders job and he supposedly loves Rob.

Why do you think Rob is better? A real reason, not because the Raiders suck. They have talent on D and they are in the bottom 25.

its my opinion. just like u think rex is sooooo smart haha!

I didn't mean you saw them win a super bowl. I meant you told them/us to all **** off. Didn't you? I'm pretty sure that rule is written somewhere.

I didnt tell them off. There were no expletives or comparissons to animals, people who indulge in same sex relationships or inanimate objects. I'd say from a personal standpoint that my comments are pretty tame..

so only u have the right to be negative? nobody else can release there frustrations on this board GTFO

You really are the most ignorant poster on this forum.

Where did I say you can't be neagtive? I already said there's no problem with not liking Ryan, or being dissapointed that we didn't get Spags or whatever.

What bothered me is that people are simply giving up already and not giving the guy chance. Are they going to watch the games next season? Knowing that the Jets are in for "Epic Failure". That's what pisses me off.

Seriously WTF is the point in stupid outrageous hypothetical garbage?

Where did I say you can't be neagtive? I already said there's no problem with not liking Ryan, or being dissapointed that we didn't get Spags or whatever.

What bothered me is that people are simply giving up already and not giving the guy chance. Are they going to watch the games next season? Knowing that the Jets are in for "Epic Failure". That's what pisses me off.

CAUTION!

THE ABOVE MENTIONED POSTS WERE FORGED ON MOUNT IRONY. PLEASE READ CAREFULLY OR SUFFER UNCONTROLABLE LAUGHTER, BUT GO AHEAD ANY WAY ITS ON IRISH JET'S EXPENSE.

Well...

This is the Jets, you know.

:Typotux:

Look we're all Jets fans here, which means we're all manic depressive, co-dependant, apathetic suicidal fatalists, not winning since 69 will do that to you, we're through 40 years of ineptitude people.

There were folks the same way everytime this team goes through a big change, your either love it and think we're superbowl bound, don't give a crap cause we're the jets and therefore are destined to loose, or so let down because you knew just the thing to fix the team and no one listening to you therefore the world has ended.

Just let what happen happen, if Ryan is destiny then all you behind him can puff out your chest and those who wern't well you were wrong but we'll have won. If it's crap then those who wanted him...well it's business as usual those who didn't well you were right which is what matters isn't it?

Makes sense to offer it the night they lose if they lose, because im sure if they lost herm would get fired and pioli would go after him on monday. therefore beat everyone to the punch and offer someting sunday night.

but IMO they have a gentlemens agreement for rex to come here.

no. rob ryan has done more with less and rex has the most talented defense in the league when healthy

Rob Ryan has done more with less? You know, I've heard how Mangini wanted him so badly and other than his last name I can't figure out what the big deal is with him. Their defense is arguably worse than it was when he got there. The only relatively successful season Oakland had under him statistically was when the offense was so bad that the other team was constantly on a short field, leading to them being #3 in yards-surrendered. The other years the offense wasn't much better, so frequently giving the other team a short field to work with, and they still ranked at or near the bottom of the NFL in yards and points annually. He even got a little added help by having (arguably) the best punter in the NFL. Barring that one "special season" of mediocrity, explain how he's done a good job.

Their defense is clearly not the most talented in the league, but he hasn't done "more with less" - he's done nothing with less and sometimes less with less.

Given Al Davis' clearly high opinion of Ryan, I'm sure he had major influence on their draft picks on defense. And those picks included going defense in:

Rounds 1, 2, and 3 in 2005

Rounds 1, 2, and 4 in 2006

Round 3 (x2) in 2007

That's 8 defensive players taken in the top 3 rounds in a 3-year span. In addition to other free agents they acquired or already had:

Derrick Burgess

Nnamdi Asomugha

Tyler Brayton, who Ryan benched but who seemed good enough to start 16 games on Carolina's OL in a 12-win season.

Sapp, who was actually pretty good for them after Ryan stopped putting him out of position in similar fashion to the way his buddy Mangini did with DRob

Charles Woodson for a couple of seasons.

Gibril Wilson.

You think Al Davis gave Tommy Kelly that stupid contract because Ryan said he sucks or because Ryan said "don't let me lose this kid"? Ditto mammoth-man Terdell Sands.

You make it sound like they had a team with no talent to begin with and never addressed the defense in the draft or free agency in his time there. Compare that with Baltimore, who, with the exception of LB Dan Cody (who missed his whole career to injury) and DE/DT Haloti Ngata, has largely ignored the defense in the draft for years now. This year with their top 2 picks the Ravens went offense. Last year the top 3 picks they went offense. In 2005 they went offense with 5 of their top 6 picks.

I have nothing against the guy and don't wish him ill-will with Mangini in Cleveland, but Rob clearly seems to be the least-talented in the Ryan family. The two people who wanted him more than anyone else were Al Davis (lol) and Eric Mangini (who hasn't exactly been choosy with his DC choice in NY).

Rob Ryan might be the worst defensive co-ordinator in the league. This is a completely retarded statement on so many levels.

I do not think it is a fair assessment of Rob Ryan, he just was apart of the worst football organization in Oakland. It was an organization that sets the owner and head coach to be advisories and the owner forces the head coach to have a defensive coordinator he did not get along with. It is hard to blame Rob Ryan on what happened with the Raiders. Oakland is football version of what the norm feels about Las Vegas, what comes to Oakland stays in Oakland

I do not think it is a fair assessment of Rob Ryan, he just was apart of the worst football organization in Oakland. It was an organization that sets the owner and head coach to be advisories and the owner forces the head coach to have a defensive coordinator he did not get along with. It is hard to blame Rob Ryan on what happened with the Raiders. Oakland is football version of what the norm feels about Las Vegas, what comes to Oakland stays in Oakland

Well we shall soon see

My new favorite team to hate....the Brownies!!!!!!!

Archived