Who wants Favre?

lancemehl

It's a medical fact that Favre got hurt(torn tendons,whatever) in that 12th game. Anyone watching could see that.

Yes, it was selfish to play if you know you are not healthy, but that's also on Mangini,every player wants to play, Mangini had no ba!!s when it was blatantly affecting his play.

so, before the injury Favre was 21-6(regular season) when he wasn't hurt with 48 TD's and 28 INT's ,a passer rating over 100 and 2 probowls.

If he gets his shoulder fixed, promises to come to every camp and spend a full offseason in the same offense, hopefully tweeked from chad-mode, DO WE WANT HIM BACK?

WITH FAVRE:

We got a 40 yr old QB(1 year older than Vinny when he led us to within a half of the SB, and let's not even compare those two,please), arm fixed, back to when he was 8-3 with 20 TD's and 13 INT's and learning the taylor-made chad offense as he went.

This time he'll have the entire training camp to work with the offense.

Maybe, we can convince him to restructure based on his crap performance down the stretch. lol

WITHOUT FAVRE:

We get a little extra to sign someone, but our QB options are a guy who we know sux, a very promising undrafted FA but one that has never even started a preseason game, and Eric Ainge.

Tom Tupa, where are you? lol

So, basically, we are either spending Farve's money on a FA who is servicable, praying for a miracle with Ratliff or Ainge,which may happen, but this year? or we are officially in re-building mode, so all of the money we spent last year was a waste.

SO, WHATTA YOU THINK?

I love a good fantasy, so I'm going with Ratliff pulling a Rothlisberger(u know Rat's 6'4" 245, not bad size).........or Favre.

Forty year old QB's break down, even Brett Favre. He broke down last year, and he'll probably break down again this year if he chooses to play. If he follows the same pattern as last year, the Jets will probably have the same results. Either Favre will limp thru the rest of the year, or the Jets will replace him with a cold, unprepared backup.

I'd rather apply his $13M salary to other needy areas on the team, and go with one of the young QB's. Coach that player to manage the game, and hope he gets better as the year goes on.

But I think Favre will retire. Football could not've been nearly as fun for him playing in front of angry NY'ers as it was being revered as a God in Green Bay. The extra $12M is probably nice, but he's still probably wondering what the hell he was thinking.

This is a tough one... but in the end I only really thought he was going to be here for one year, so having him go this year is no big surprise.

I don't think Rexxy will want "one more year" he is looking for a 1-2 year build to a Super Bowl push. He will shore up the D this year with "some dude" at QB and see what we have.

Next year (2010), he will get "some other dude" as QB and break the top 5 with his D. At that point it will be up to that "dude" not to lose games.

2009: All D = Playoffs (1 and done)

2010: D + running game = Playoffs and a run

2011: Going for the gold with a 2 year QB.

BZ

Emotionally, I would love to see him back for another year. I just like the guy. He is fun and exciting. But I agree with everything Slats posted.

Time to move on. For the Jets and Brett. He needs to start enjoying the rest of his life.

Your argument lost steam and I stopped paying attention as soon as you said "medical fact"

There is no verification on that.

Chad was throwing darts in the final Dolphin game. The ball had velocity and pace.

Problem was, he was throwing to imaginary spots and the other team.

wait, where did the torn bicep tendons come from? I mean seriously, is the media just throwing BS out there? I heard from many sources Favre eventually needs surgery to repair torn tendons. I guess the days of the old black and white being fact are gone.

Sorry, Scott, I'm not a doctor and certainly have no access to Favre's records so I can only go by what I read .....EVERYWHERE.

and i missed the Chad reference.

I'd like Favre, but would be fine with Ratliff (6'4" 245,Ratliff,that's a small LB'er)

Clemens and I'm pissed.

wait, where did the torn bicep tendons come from? I mean seriously, is the media just throwing BS out there? I heard from many sources Favre eventually needs surgery to repair torn tendons. I guess the days of the old black and white being fact are gone.

Sorry, Scott, I'm not a doctor and certainly have no access to Favre's records so I can only go by what I read .....EVERYWHERE.

and i missed the Chad reference.

I'd like Favre, but would be fine with Ratliff (6'4" 245,Ratliff,that's a small LB'er)

Clemens and I'm pissed.

If he was so hurt, you would think he would make better decisions with the ball no?

I mean he obviously was not hurt enough or smart enough to not throw the deep pick or ask to go with more running plays.

Injury or not the fact is in Favre's last 4 Decembers he has dropped off significantly, it did not just happen last year.

Did he have torn tendons in his bicep the last 4 years?

If he was so hurt, you would think he would make better decisions with the ball no?

I mean he obviously was not hurt enough or smart enough to not throw the deep pick or ask to go with more running plays.

Injury or not the fact is in Favre last 4 Decembers he has dropped off significantly, it did not just happen last year.

Did he have torn tendons in his bicep the last 4 years?

Nope. OK Ratliff it is!

13 mil! Receiver? TJ?

WITHOUT FAVRE:

We get a little extra to sign someone, but our QB options are a guy who we know sux, a very promising undrafted FA but one that has never even started a preseason game, and Eric Ainge.

I know no such thing. And neither do you.

You're higher on Ratliff than Clemens, it seems. Based on what, exactly?

Give Clemens another chance. Our offensive line is better than it was when he was a starter so we have a better run game. When Clemens became the starter our Oline sucked and we couldnt run for dog doo. Better Oline, better run game, better D, I'd like to see Clemens in there to start the season.

I thought it was recommended that Favre have his shoulder scoped and that would solve his arm problems. It doesn't seem like a big deal but something you want to do sooner rather than later. If Favre cared, he would have that done. Not a good sign. I can certainly see his arm problems coming back the second half of next season. No thanks..

What exactly has Ratliff proven in the NFL other than playing well in the preseason?

well why don't we give him a shot and find out. what has clemen's done to show he should be given another shot. don't forget chad had decent #'s with that same oline that clemens played in front of and clemens #'s were horrible. he showed just as many flashes as Ratliff showed and Ratliff hasn't been given a real shot with the first team.

don't forget chad had decent #'s with that same oline that clemens played in front of and clemens #'s were horrible. he showed just as many flashes as Ratliff showed and Ratliff hasn't been given a real shot with the first team.

Coles was MIA for most of Clemens' starts. Either out, or hurt to badly to contribute. When he showed up against Miami, Clemens had his best game. Most of the time Clemens was in there, it seemed like he was bouncing passes off of McCariens' hands - when he wasn't getting bounced around behind the line of scrimmage himself.

While there's no way I'd hand Kellen the starting job, there's also no way I'd keep him from competing for it.

While there's no way I'd hand Kellen the starting job, there's also no way I'd keep him from competing for it.

I have no problem with that. That's perfectly fine, in fact I would rather it be a competition between Clemens and Ratliff. I don't think going out and signing someone like Leftwich will do any better than we don't have already. I just think its silly to think Clemens will automatically be better than Ratliff from what we've seen so far out of both of them.

well why don't we give him a shot and find out. what has clemen's done to show he should be given another shot. don't forget chad had decent #'s with that same oline that clemens played in front of and clemens #'s were horrible. he showed just as many flashes as Ratliff showed and Ratliff hasn't been given a real shot with the first team.

And a 1-7 record. Stats don't tell the whole story. Especially with Chad.

I thought it was recommended that Favre have his shoulder scoped and that would solve his arm problems. It doesn't seem like a big deal but something you want to do sooner rather than later. If Favre cared, he would have that done. Not a good sign. I can certainly see his arm problems coming back the second half of next season. No thanks..

here's a question, Is he getting the shoulder worked on? What I read in earlier reports is that he could just let it heal on it's own or get it scoped. Now if he was retiring, why get it scoped? If he planned on playing again, wouldn't he get it scoped? So it will heal faster?

If his arm feels good then I would take him back.

However, I want the next QB of the NY Jets to be a high-drafted rookie. Give me a 1st round draft pick QB. Not top-5. Not even top-8. Then you have to pay them ridiculously too much money. But I will take a first round QB drafted 10 or after and happily roll the dice on him.

I just want someone in this organixzation to make a drop dead decision- by say Feb 20th he is on this team or not for next year. If so then he has to go to all the same camps and workouts as every one else.

Emotionally, I would love to see him back for another year. I just like the guy. He is fun and exciting. But I agree with everything Slats posted.

Time to move on. For the Jets and Brett. He needs to start enjoying the rest of his life.

I never wanted Favre here before we traded for him. I didn't think his "style" fit our system. I supported him 100 % once we got him as I would whoever was the Jets QB. Considering the options out there and our "built to win now" team I honestly think he's our best chance to win. He's got to participate in all the off season progams however and actually become a true teammate . They have to play and practice together as a team. Favre has to agree with this. No cutting grass in Mississippi while his team is doing workouts.

I just want someone in this organixzation to make a drop dead decision- by say Feb 20th he is on this team or not for next year. If so then he has to go to all the same camps and workouts as every one else.

If past history is any indication you might be expecting too much Faba. :biggrin:

If past history is any indication you might be expecting too much Faba. :biggrin:

We have to give no wiggle room-unlike Brett and his past wavering- we are the ones to make the decision for him and not the other way around.

Archived