2009 Comp Picks Awarded ~ PFT.com ~ Surprise, Jets get none, Pats get plenty

:Typotux:

2009 Compensatory Draft Picks

Posted by Mike Florio on March 23, 2009, 7:59 p.m. EDT

The 2009 compensatory picks are set forth below, with round, overall place in round, overall place in draft, and team.

3 (33-97) New England

3 (34-98) Cincinnati

3 (35-99) Chicago

3 (36-100) NY Giants

4 (33-133) San Diego

4 (34-134) San Diego

4 (35-135) Tennessee

4 (36-136) Indianapolis

5 (33-169) Pittsburgh

5 (34-170) New England

5 (35-171) San Francisco

5 (36-172) Dallas

5 (37-173) Tennessee

6 (33-206) Tennessee

6 (34-207) New England

6 (35-2080 Dallas

6 (36-209) Cincinnati

7 (33-242) Tennessee

7 (34-243) Washington

7 (35-244) San Francisco

7 (36-245) Seattle

7 (37-246) Chicago

7 (38-247) Seattle

7 (39-248) Seattle

7 (40-249) Cincinnati

7 (41-250) Jacksonville

7 (42-251) Chicago

7 (43-252) Cincinnati

7 (44-253) Jacksonville

7 (45-254) Arizona

7 (46-255) Detroit

7 (47-256) Kansas City

Not too surprising...Aren't comp picks are based on FA's? We didn't lose anyone of note last year that I can recall and then signed like 4 or 5 guys.

Did the Patriots lose Samuel last year or the year before? I can't even remember anymore.

Not too surprising...Aren't comp picks are based on FA's? We didn't lose anyone of note last year that I can recall and then signed like 4 or 5 guys.

Did the Patriots lose Samuel last year or the year before? I can't even remember anymore.

Yup from my best guess, it has to do with who you lost in FA vs. who you aquired and the size of their contract and impact to the new team. Some guy has a formula and does it for every team and it gets passed all over NFL fanboards like this and he is pretty accurate. If you can find it, it breaks down how he figures the formula, I'm not sure that the NFL makes the formula public, so it's a lot of "fuzzy math" as they say. Seems to always favor the NFL darlings and generally screw their rivals oddly enough.

So Asante does well in Philly, costs a lot, and the Patsies brought in nobody special in FA last year. They get a 3rd.

We lost who Pennington? And hauled in 140Mill worth of FA players all starters? So we were never in the equation.

Yup from my best guess, it has to do with who you lost in FA vs. who you aquired and the size of their contract and impact to the new team. Some guy has a formula and does it for every team and it gets passed all over NFL fanboards like this and he is pretty accurate. If you can find it, it breaks down how he figures the formula, I'm not sure that the NFL makes the formula public, so it's a lot of "fuzzy math" as they say. Seems to always favor the NFL darlings and generally screw their rivals oddly enough.

So Asante does well in Philly, costs a lot, and the Patsies brought in nobody special in FA last year. They get a 3rd.

We lost who Pennington? And hauled in 140Mill worth of FA players all starters? So we were never in the equation.

Actually we did not lose Pennington, we cut him. (Thank God)

Uh oh. It's 10 pm. Time for the boston sports media to tell you what you think about sports. Don't be late you might miss out on the pertinant regurgitated groupthink. BAaaaaaaaaaahhhhhh.

Dont live in NE Einstein, but thanks for playing.:tongue:

So, tell me Mel Kiper, do you believe Da Brickshaw was a good pick? What about Revis and his 27th ranked passing defense last season? I suppose it was all Manginis fault.

So, tell me Mel Kiper, do you believe Da Brickshaw was a good pick? What about Revis and his 27th ranked passing defense last season? I suppose it was all Manginis fault.

Revis is one of the best CB in the league, moron...

Wow you really are stupid aren't you?

Guys, I'm thoroughly impressed ... that statement is dimwitted even for a Pats fan.

You wish you had a corner like Revis or a LT like D'Brick.

There's no reason for you to even respond to this. We both know it's completely true.

Great yet another bandwagoneer....well you are still part of their flock of sheeple. Internet allows you to download the required reading. Then you can get out there regurgitate it all over the internet in unison with your bretheren chowdaheads.

Brick and Revis?? Really? Ok. Um....

Yes both very good picks. (use the search function of you want my analysis of either - part of the Cutlet arguement I've laid it out 100X I feel like)

While The Jets were drafting Brick, Mangold and Revis - The Pats were drafting Laurence Maroney, Chad Jackson and Brandon Meriweather.

Think about that.

You're joking right?

Your coach and any rational Patriot fan would take these two off the Jets in a heartbeat. They are far superior to any of the guys you have playing at these positions.

OMG. You have one task and that is to blast the Jets.

Yet you lead with blasting D'Brick and Revis. Who are two of the Jets picks in the last 800 years that don't suck.

Thanks for trying though.

You're joking right?

Your coach and any rational Patriot fan would take these two off the Jets in a heartbeat. They are far superior to any of the guys you have playing at these positions.

Revis? Yes.

Brick? No. We already have an undersized LT.

OMG. You have one task and that is to blast the Jets.

Yet you lead with blasting D'Brick and Revis. Who are two of the Jets picks in the last 800 years that don't suck.

Thanks for trying though.

PatriotReign37 has my nomination as the worst smack talker ever. He really doesn't get it.

thats a reach...as pointed out in your avatar, why would they throw against Revis when they had Ty Law to pick on...the ranking wasn't Revis's fault by any means

I'm starting to think that trying to argue with PatriotReign37 is like trying to argue with a five year old. No matter how much logic you try to bring into the argument, he will still scream his misguided beliefs until he turns blue. And in the end, you feel stupid for trying to argue with a five year old.

Hopefully his parents will stop letting him log onto JetNation.

He is only one of the best inside NY/NJ statelines.

Really? Are you sure? Because he did manage to go so far outside of those state lines as to play in Hawaii this winter. He played pretty well there, too.

Really? Are you sure? Because he did manage to go so far outside of those state lines as to play in Hawaii this winter. He played pretty well there, too.

When Ty Law was one of the best CB's in the NFL back in 2003, NE had the # 1 pass defense in the NFL. How can Revis be apart of one of the worst Pass Defenses in the NFL and be mentioned as a Law like player?

He cant.

Homers here claim Revis shuts down half the field and teams dont throw at him.:rl:

thats a reach...as pointed out in your avatar, why would they throw against Revis when they had Ty Law to pick on...the ranking wasn't Revis's fault by any means

Law had Moss covered. That was an unreal throw and catch.

Tyler Thigpen had a career passing day vs NY. Do you mean to tell me that he never threw towards Revis all game?

Archived