RB Knowshon Moreno

RB Beanie Wells

TE Brandon Pettigrew (trade down?)

I could also include the following players but are highly unlikely to be there:

WR Michael Crabtree

DT BJ Raji

DE Tyson Jackson

DB Malcolm Jenkins

If the Jets first round draft pick isn't in this post I'd be shocked.

I think you just might be surprised. I think they'll take a WR NOT on your list.

Slow running backs are never overrated.

Moreno is slow, he wont be a home run threat in the NFL.

I think he'll be an average back with some shifty moves but he's not exceptional at anything, much like our current starting RB.

I honestly believe that Moreno would be a wasted pick.

Ideal? I think it will cost $3M against the cap to send him elsewhere. It's much cheaper to just keep him than to roll the dice with a rookie who will probably make more than both Jones $900K salary and $3M dead money figure. We can keep Jones and use the first round pick to fill the hole your plan would seek to fill with a 4th or 5th rounder.

:sign0098: Thank you Dom. Trading TJ to replace him with Moreno STILL leaves the holes we now have. You've gained nothing. And trying to fill those holes with a 4th or 5th rounder ? :roll: Please.

Here's my long list.

Butler

Crabtree

Curry

Jackson

Jenkins

Maclin

Monroe

Moreno

Pettigrew

Robiskie

A. Smith

J. Smith

Now THERE'S a name that might be wearing green and white come fall. We can move down a few spots, pick up an extra pick and still grab him. ::GoJets:

This just in from Hutch, and I agree the price would be too high

The Jets best chance to get Sanchez would be to go up to the eighth slot -- where the Jaguars may be looking to slide down. But it would cost the Jets second- and fourth-round picks to do so in addition to their 17th selection, according to the NFL draft-chart. That's almost their entire draft.

It seems unlikely the Jets would be willing to do that, especially with three young quarterbacks -- Kellen Clemens, Brett Ratliff and Erik Ainge -- already on the roster.

Clemens still stinks. Ratty isn't much better.

The Jets have to give up a 1st and a 2nd basically for a possible franchise QB... do that deal and don't look back.

we can talk about the value of draft picks but this team doesn't need a draft full of starters to get good... they really are only a QB away from contention.

I think he'll be an average back with some shifty moves but he's not exceptional at anything, much like our current starting RB.

This is going to come as quite a surprise, but you're really not the only one who knows that Moreno isn't fast. Everybody knows he ran 4.68 and everybody has him in the first round anyway. Your conclusion that we're all just dumb seems reasonable, but you might also want to consider that maybe Moreno's skill set - vision, balance, hands, and ability to set up defenders in limited space - is in fact exceptional.

This is going to come as quite a surprise, but you're really not the only one who knows that Moreno isn't fast. Everybody knows he ran 4.68 and everybody has him in the first round anyway. Your conclusion that we're all just dumb seems reasonable, but you might also want to consider that maybe Moreno's skill set - vision, balance, hands, and ability to set up defenders in limited space - is in fact exceptional.

Moreno is good

IJ just looks at freaking times

He will be a star

Blasphemy!

The Jets have to give up a 1st and a 2nd basically for a possible franchise QB... do that deal and don't look back.

we can talk about the value of draft picks but this team doesn't need a draft full of starters to get good... they really are only a QB away from contention.

I Sanchez comes here after a trade up and starts year 1 with this ****ty group of WR's he will fail miserably..

I like Sanchez as a prospect a lot mind you, but that has disaster written all over it.

Moreno is good

IJ just looks at freaking times

He will be a star

He is good, but I'm not in love with him. If the fact that everybody has him in the first round despite being slow means he is exceptional, doesn't the fact that NOBODY has him at the top of the round mean they don't think he's so likely to be a star?

I honestly believe that Moreno would be a wasted pick.

Jerry Rice ran the 40 in about the same amount of time. Was he a wasted pick?

if he were 6'5" he'd go 1 overall... it's not ideal but if he were ideal he wouldn't be available. Chicken/egg.

Dude, Clemens is a 1/2 inch shorter and you wrote him off in his first preseason game..

PWNG

Also, trading up for Sanchez pretty much ensures that no 2009 Jet draft pick will have an impact in 2009 unless the 3rd or 6th/7th rounder surprises.

The Jets will have 2 years in a row with no impact from their 1st rounder.

This increases the Jets chances of having a top 10 pick in the 2010 draft. So lo and behold, the Jets draft Sanchez, get a top 10 pick next year, and have an ability to drafted a better QB but can't because they drafted Sanchez. That would be the Jets luck.

Also, trading up for Sanchez pretty much ensures that no 2009 Jet draft pick will have an impact in 2009 unless the 3rd or 6th/7th rounder surprises.

The Jets will have 2 years in a row with no impact from their 1st rounder.

This increases the Jets chances of having a top 10 pick in the 2010 draft. So lo and behold, the Jets draft Sanchez, get a top 10 pick next year, and have an ability to drafted a better QB but can't because they drafted Sanchez. That would be the Jets luck.

I like where you are going with this, and it is our luck.

Is he a franchise QB? Is that a reasonable expectation?

Seriously GFY! Where the **** did I ever say that?

Am I not allowed to form an opinion of the guy? Just like everyone else?

No, because I disagree with the popular opinion means I'm obviously just talking ****. Right.

You are the same guy that rules out Sanchez as a prospect, yet when I do it (Which to be honest I'm not, I've not ruled Moreno out like you have Sanchez, just don't like him) to a guy that you like you start spewing out BS like this. I guess people who like Sanchez are "dumb" too? Am I right?

Know one really knows you those "exceptional skills" will translate to the NFL. Reggie Bush was said to have all of those qualities you listed and then some. Is he an "exceptional" running back?

I'm not dooming him to the same fate ignorantly like you seem to think I am, just pointing out that neither you or I are in a position to rule out ANY prospect at this point. So I don't rule out Moreno, I'm just not having kittens over the guy like some are. I'm genuinely worried about how that speed will translate to the NFL and hence don't want the Jets to have any part of him. Again if you don't like my opinion, I don't care- Feel free to disagree. But don't start accusing me of BS like that.

i'd be very surprised if the Jets first round pick wasn't on this list:

QB Mark Sanchez (trade up)

WR Jeremy Maclin

RB Knowshon Moreno

RB Beanie Wells

TE Brandon Pettigrew (trade down?)

I could also include the following players but are highly unlikely to be there:

WR Michael Crabtree

DT BJ Raji

DE Tyson Jackson

DB Malcolm Jenkins

If the Jets first round draft pick isn't in this post I'd be shocked.

How do you feel about Darrius Heyward-Bey? Personally I think that DHB is the guy that the Jets are going to pick, and was surprised to not see him on your list.

if he were 6'5" he'd go 1 overall... it's not ideal but if he were ideal he wouldn't be available. Chicken/egg.

I'll tell you what Bit I like the way Sanchez throws over Stafford. Also, watching USC film is almost like watching the pro game-kind of the way UM used to be

I'll tell you what Bit I like the way Sanchez throws over Stafford. Also, watching USC film is almost like watching the pro game-kind of the way UM used to be

Thats partly why i like him as the Jets pick too. He throws a better ball and looks like the better QB IMO. Hopefully you guys get him.

Seriously GFY! Where the **** did I ever say that?

Am I not allowed to form an opinion of the guy? Just like everyone else?

No, because I disagree with the popular opinion means I'm obviously just talking ****. Right.

You are the same guy that rules out Sanchez as a prospect, yet when I do it (Which to be honest I'm not, I've not ruled Moreno out like you have Sanchez, just don't like him) to a guy that you like you start spewing out BS like this. I guess people who like Sanchez are "dumb" too? Am I right?

Know one really knows you those "exceptional skills" will translate to the NFL. Reggie Bush was said to have all of those qualities you listed and then some. Is he an "exceptional" running back?

I'm not dooming him to the same fate ignorantly like you seem to think I am, just pointing out that neither you or I are in a position to rule out ANY prospect at this point. So I don't rule out Moreno, I'm just not having kittens over the guy like some are. I'm genuinely worried about how that speed will translate to the NFL and hence don't want the Jets to have any part of him. Again if you don't like my opinion, I don't care- Feel free to disagree. But don't start accusing me of BS like that.

I have to admit, as much of a tool as Aten is, it never gets old watching him draw out the long-winded, frustrated rants out of people.

He also wrote Sanchez off in the middle of last season, such is the convenience of switching websites I guess.

hahaha..

Hey, Sanchez is by far my favorite QB in this draft. I know you are high on him, but do you think this current plan is a good one?

My gut tells me if we do this he plays this season and basically implodes. Unless he's some kind of savant, I can't see him being anywhere ready for the NFL..

trading down and getting pettigrew would be cool. I've totally changed my mind on him, but still don't want to take him at 17

I think we will trade down, and try to take petti or DHB or nicks

I think harvin is off the board now with the weed bust reports

Archived