Does Sanchez Lack The Arm Strength To Play In The Meadowlands? ~ CBS Sports

• Replies 388
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Because Jets fans say so? Naaah I'd like a little more evidence than that. Why don't we ask Dolphins fans? People that know me?

Yeah, Lets ask a bunch of morons what they think about an idiot. That seems like a scientifically accurate test. You should get some accurate and reliable results with that one.

Yeah, Lets ask a bunch of morons what they think about an idiot. That seems like a scientifically accurate test. You should get some accurate and reliable results with that one.

How do you know you guys aren't the group of morons and you can't tell because you are in fact morons?

My guess is that you saw the Dolphins play twice last year. You probably saw a lot of Roethlisberger because the Steelers are always in primetime, but I don't see how you came away impressed. The defense won them that championship. They had the best pass rusher, a top 5 DL rotation, good players at every linebacker position, the second best safety in football, two tough, physical corners and Ryan Clark heavily overshadowed by Troy Polamalu.

The defense won them their titles, not Big Ben.

The defense gave up a TD inside 3 mins in the SB, Ben brought us back. Ya didn't see the SB ?? :)

QZXU28ASVXk

Do you want to know the difference between Pennington and Roethlisberger? If Chad is down 3 points with 2 1/2 minutes left in the game, his goal is to get the ball to the opponent's 25-yard line. Feel free to watch what Roethlisberger did in the video above and convince yourself that the defense, which gave up the go-ahead TD (with a 4-point lead) on a 64-yard pass with under 3 minutes left in the game, was responsible for that victory.

The defense gave up a TD inside 3 mins in the SB, Ben brought us back. Ya didn't see the SB ?? :)

You know that Smith, Kiesel, Hampton, Harrison, Timmons, Woodley, McFadden, Townsend, Clark and Polamalu were all more valuable then Ben this past season.

You know that Smith, Kiesel, Hampton, Harrison, Timmons, Woodley, McFadden, Townsend, Clark and Polamalu were all more valuable then Ben this past season.

Thanks for sharing that. I guess I missed one of those guys throwing that TD to win the game.

Righhhhhhhhhhhhhht... Sure they are team leaders and all. But Ben is clutch. Look at the number of game winning drives in the 4th for his career. Against a ton of good to great D's. Baltimore 3 games last yr come to mind ?? How the hell could you compare Penny to him ??

See this is the biggest contradiction I've ever seen. The second I submit that post, I'll get 14 "YOU'RE AN IDIOT" responses.

Heaven forbid. Somebody's feelings might get hurt.

So basically what you're saying is, you're not going to respond to the reasonable posters that actually attempt to engage you in a rational discussion (because you're tired of the rest of the posters calling you a moron)...

...and then you're going to call us all morons and claim victory in this "debate"?

You're quite a rhetorician, I'll admit. But anytime you want to man up and produce that list of QBs better than Chad, we'll be waiting right here.

Righhhhhhhhhhhhhht... Sure they are team leaders and all. But Ben is clutch. Look at the number of game winning drives in the 4th for his career. Against a ton of good to great D's. Baltimore 3 games last yr come to mind ?? How the hell could you compare Penny to him ??

Noooooooooo. If he played better, then he wouldn't have to bring them from behind. They'd already be up 10.

How did Chad fare against Baltimore?

My guess is that you saw the Dolphins play twice last year. You probably saw a lot of Roethlisberger because the Steelers are always in primetime, but I don't see how you came away impressed. The defense won them that championship. They had the best pass rusher, a top 5 DL rotation, good players at every linebacker position, the second best safety in football, two tough, physical corners and Ryan Clark heavily overshadowed by Troy Polamalu.

I saw every single one of Miami's games last year. I live in Florida. Miami is not a legit team. Just watch, this year, they have a tough schedule. 3rd place, AFC East.

How did Chad fare against Baltimore?

Here's all you really need to see the difference. It's not a secret that defenses play different and tougher in the playoffs hence Pennington's short comings. 2 SB titles vs. 0. In the playoffs you can say same level of opponents as there are no real "weak" teams.

BIG BEN-CAREER

10 GAMES- CMP 172 ATT 278 YDS 2239 TD 15 INT 12 Y/A 8.1 CMP% 61.9 RATE 87.2

CHAD PENNINGTON- CAREER

6 GAMES CMP 132 ATT 216 YDS 1418 TD 8 INT 8 Y/A 6.6 CMP% 61.1 RATE 77.3

Here's all you really need to see the difference. It's not a secret that defenses play different and tougher in the playoffs hence Pennington's short comings. 2 SB titles vs. 0. In the playoffs you can say same level of opponents as there are no real "weak" teams.

BIG BEN-CAREER

10 GAMES- CMP 172 ATT 278 YDS 2239 TD 15 INT 12 Y/A 8.1 CMP% 61.9 RATE 87.2

CHAD PENNINGTON- CAREER

6 GAMES CMP 132 ATT 216 YDS 1418 TD 8 INT 8 Y/A 6.6 CMP% 61.1 RATE 77.3

You just don't get it, do you?

A QB is not the only player on a team. NUMBERS DON'T MATTER.

Ben Roethlisberger - 59.9% 3,301 yards, 17 TDs, 15 INTs, 7.0 YPA (Chad was way better.)

Chad was top 10 in the NFL in:

Completions (but not in attempts)

Completion % (#1)

Yards

Yards Per Attempt

Fewest INTs (Fewest amongst any starter)

Except when they do.

I think Ed Reed is still running with an INT. :)

Gotta at least give aqua credit for trying to hold his own. But damn, comparing Chad P to Big Ben ?? What a joke. lol

aqua is in his 1st year of the Chad Pennington experience. I fully expect Chad to get injured or just plain suck in 2009 based on his history as a starter.

2002: 8-4

2003: 4-5

2004: 8-5

2005: 1-2

2006: 10-6

2007: 1-7

2008: 11-5

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/P/PennCh01.htm

Notice a pattern?

aqua is in his 1st year of the Chad Pennington experience. I fully expect Chad to get injured or just plain suck in 2009 based on his history as a starter.

Notice a pattern?

lol Definately a pattern there. It's all good though. I spent many a year defending mediocre QB's in hopes that they'd turn into good players, myself. In my world the 80's never existed. :)

Notice a pattern?

HOLY CRAP!!!! :akf:

Chad is gonna go 16-0 in 2018!!!!! :suicide:

I saw every single one of Miami's games last year. I live in Florida. Miami is not a legit team. Just watch, this year, they have a tough schedule. 3rd place, AFC East.

That's all I needed to hear. A girl that knows almost nothing about the game and dislikes the team thinks they won't be any good. Run to Vegas with your bets, everyone.

Notice a pattern?

It's possible, but I think the only way that happens is if he gets hurt. And even then, Chad Henne is an impressive looking gunslinger. I don't think we'll skip a beat when Penny eventually moves on.

It's possible, but I think the only way that happens is if he gets hurt. And even then, Chad Henne is an impressive looking gunslinger. I don't think we'll skip a beat when Penny eventually moves on.

Crap, now ya got 2 QB's better than Big Ben ?? Look out NFL, here come the phins !!

:)

Notice a pattern?

It's basically this. In the even year, he faces off against teams that were also in last place the year before, so he succeeds. In the odd seasons, he faces top of the line talent, which is why he eventually has an injury plagued season, or just sucks.

I basically guarantee it, the Dolphins will most likely get last place in the AFC East this season.

Archived