****The Official New York Jets vs New Orleans Saints Gameday Thread****

Jetkid94

The NYJ have had 3 tough challenges this season, something no other 3-0 team has faced. We went into Houston and shutdown an offense that looks strong this season. We came home and absolutly shutdown Brady's explosive offense, to go on and get the meadowlands patriots monkey off our backs. Going against the titans everyone was saying the "same ole jets" will show up. All the haters awoken with the talk of the jets showing there true colors and losing to a desperate but talented Titans team. What did the NYJ do? We came out and did what we had to do. The offense woke up, and the defense did what they've been doing which is having there way with opposing offenses.

We now face our toughest challenge. We must go into a hostile enviorment against an offense that looks unstoppable. Drew Brees is just throwing the ball around like its simple and there running attack is silently becoming dangerous. The saints defense is letting up under 70 rushing yards a game. Our running game is in the bottom 10 of the league and Sanchez may need that improved this week to win. At the end this may come down to a throw off between Brees and Sanchez. At first glance you think were screwed, but I think not. Our defense will control brees, and well jenkins will be the key in stopping the run. All of this makes Sanchez more comfortable which I think results in a good offensive game along with a decent defensive game.

nobody has the jets winning this game. everyone is waiting for the jets to become the same ole jets. were still looked at as a fluke. if we lose we will have lost to a great team so im not saying this is a must win, BUT if we want to establish ourselves as the team to beat we win this game. we go into NO stop brees, and unleash the offense and this team will be talked about from here on out. 4-0 through a quarter of a season that many had us going 1-3. We want respect we earn it today in the superdome.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mAJv9uhz1Tc

http://www.nfl.com/videos/new-york-jets/09000d5d81316d49/Jets-a-match-for-the-Saints

http://www.nfl.com/videos/new-york-jets/09000d5d813139ba/Greatness-on-the-Road-Week-4

http://www.nfl.com/videos/new-york-jets/09000d5d8130b5b0/NFL-Weekly-Countdown-5-Jets-perfect-takeoff

• Replies 805
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I pretty much agree with your thread, except for the whole Jets being viewed as a fluke part.

We're not.

I think the bottom line is, we can keep Brees and Co. in check. But ....can we outscore them? That remains to be seen. Gut check says no. Not this early in the season, anyway.

It should be a great game, that shows a lot about the Saints, and the Jets.

Both teams are showing tremondous promise, and win or lose, both will remain competitive this season.

This game won't knock either team out of contention, nor put them in. But it should be great for viewing... a promising awesome offense vs. a promising and potentially awesome defense.

It's the game of the week, for sure.

Even if the Jets should falter, and logic dictates that they may, I still think they keep the game close.

Also, just think, we are not even up to potential on defense yet. Calvin Pace returns next week, the defense will "gel" if you will, and we will soon be clicking on all cylinders. There is a lot of optimism untapped as of yet.

So enjoy the game. If we win, HOLY Crap, we are looking unstoppable. But if we lose, and it's somewhat close, hey, we're not even playing up to par yet.

Just sayin'.

I pretty much agree with your thread, except for the whole Jets being viewed as a fluke part.

We're not.

I think the bottom line is, we can keep Brees and Co. in check. But ....can we outscore them? That remains to be seen. Gut check says no. Not this early in the season, anyway.

Both teams are showing tremondous promise, and win or lose, both will remain competitive this season.

This game won't knock either team out of contention, nor put them in. But it should be great for viewing... a promising awesome offense vs. a promising and potentially awesome defense.

Even if the Jets should falter, and logic dictates that they may, I still think they keep the game close.

Also, just think, we are not even up to potential on defense yet. Calvin Pace returns next week, the defense will "gel" if you will, and we will soon be clicking on all cylinders. There is a lot of optimism untapped as of yet.

So enjoy the game. If we win, HOLY Crap, we are looking unstoppable. But if we lose, and it's somewhat close, hey, we're not even playing up to par yet.

Just sayin'.

I agree. Losing to a team on the road who would be 4-0 is nothing to cry about we'd still be 3-1 with a pretty favorable 4 games coming up. But as you said with a win we'd look pretty awesome!

We're not.

Just sayin'.

Agreed...Except its the runner-up game of the week, and a far 2nd to Vikes-Packers monday night. I guess we can say game of the day though!

GO JETS!!! Lets pull out a W!!!!!!!!::GoJets:

Oh, and just for the hell of it, go Ravens too! :pats:

Agreed...Except its the runner-up game of the week, and a far 2nd to Vikes-Packers monday night. I guess we can say game of the day though!

GO JETS!!! Lets pull out a W!!!!!!!!::GoJets:

Oh, and just for the hell of it, go Ravens too! :pats:

A far second? Nah!

That game is all Karma! What goes around comes around. ;) Go Packers!!

And yes, Go Ravens, too!

i think Shonn Greene runs today and TJ hits pine

greene needs to at least make an appearance in short yardage to get his feet wet.

he is nowhere near the pass protector jones is yet, which is why I think he hasn't gotten in the games yet

Archived