Lito Sheppard To Start Against Bills.

Ghost

http://www.thejetsblog.com/2009/10/15/lito-tells-press-hell-play/

Lito Tells Press He’ll Play

Posted on October 15th, 2009 by Bassett

Need some good news? CB Lito Sheppard has told the press Wednesday that he will be playing against Terrell Owens, Lee Evans and the rest of the Bills this weekend. “I will be out there on Sunday starting, at full strength. I’m ready to go.”

Buffalo might be wounded, but they still have some serious weapons at receiver. It’s good to know that Sheppard will be able to go and help limit some of the Bills best options at bay.

Is this guy even good?

He was a ST player in Philly when you traded for him.

2005 Pro Bowler

2007 Pro Bowler

Was benched because of his continous voicing for a new contract. Played very well Weeks 1 & 2 for us, actually. One of the best #2's in the league, by far.

I like Lowery still, he's young and only getting better.

Pushing him back into the Nickel will be good though, I don't think we lose much between Lowery and Strickland.

I'd personnally rather get Stricklant back than Lito. Lowery can pretty much do what Lito is doing. But he can't be that physical corner that Strickland can be.

2005 Pro Bowler

2007 Pro Bowler

Was benched because of his continous voicing for a new contract. Played very well Weeks 1 & 2 for us, actually. One of the best #2's in the league, by far.

2004 Pro Bowler. 2006 Pro Bowler. Hurt for parts of 2005 and 2007 and awful when he did play. Was benched because he isn't very good and unlike us the Eagles had better options. Was adequate the first two weeks and managed to hurt himself making the one play that was the difference between adequate and complete disaster. He's barely the best #2 on a team with one real corner.

I guess it will be:

Darrelle Revis vs Terrell Owens

Lito Sheppard vs Lee Evans

Should be. This is why it is big getting Sheppard back. Lowery has improved over last year, but he could not stay with Evans if he was on a motorcycle. Which means Revis would have had to cover Evans leaving a still incomfortable match up of Lowery on Owens.

I completely disagree!!

He played great against NO, and covered his spot very well against Miami, and its only his second year.

Just saying stuff blindly does not make it true, you can have your opinion even if its wrong. This is America.

Lowery is fine

If he suked as bad as Ghost/SMC sez he does..you really think Rexey

would put him out dare...he didnt draft him either

I completely disagree!!

He played great against NO, and covered his spot very well against Miami, and its only his second year.

Just saying stuff blindly does not make it true, you can have your opinion even if its wrong. This is America.

The hate wont stop with Lowery. Like he's a ten year vet and hasnt proved to be a Jet. This guys was a 4th round pick last year yet I notice that most hate on him like last years collapse was on his back.

If you noticed, the haters said NOTHING about his good performance against the high powered Saints, as well as against Miami. Revis wasnt burnt by just Ginn, He was burnt in the Saints game and if it wasnt for Lowery coming from "behind the play" and catch up to disrupt the WR's angle on the run Revis would have given up two big plays in two weeks instead of one.

But haters done see that. If they did it would be much harder for them to validate their hate.

Lowery is a good young talent that will prove the haters wrong, but will have haters none the less.

The hate wont stop with Lowery. Like he's a ten year vet and hasnt proved to be a Jet. This guys was a 4th round pick last year yet I notice that most hate on him like last years collapse was on his back.

No one thinks that.

He just is what he is. A 4th option. Nothing more.

I completely disagree!!

Lowery is too inconsistent to be a corner to depend on.

t

Am I the only one that is actually fearing this game a bit? Evans, Owens, Lynch and Jackson are due for a breakout.

Buffalo's passing game is abysmal. Edwards checks down more than Pennington. The receivers mean squat when you have a QB who never gets them the ball.

The Trent Edwards experiment should be over for Buffalo, he isn't going anywhere in the league.

Also, Marshawn Lynch had 125 total yards last week, so there was his breakout game. :)ot

Am I the only one that is actually fearing this game a bit? Evans, Owens, Lynch and Jackson are due for a breakout.

Possible. They could "rallY' around Jauron this week but I doubt it. They were pretty low after their home loss to Cleveland. Wouldn't you be ?

Is this guy even good?

He was a ST player in Philly when you traded for him.

There are guys in the league who were football players when they came in, but have become fake football players, injury list guys, posers (Kerry Rhodes?). I think lito is one of those. A guy looking for a town to lie down in. I prefer Strickland.

2004 Pro Bowler. 2006 Pro Bowler. Hurt for parts of 2005 and 2007 and awful when he did play. Was benched because he isn't very good and unlike us the Eagles had better options. Was adequate the first two weeks and managed to hurt himself making the one play that was the difference between adequate and complete disaster. He's barely the best #2 on a team with one real corner.

This is just about as harsh a review as someone could dish out over Lito.

He was horrible at the end of his Philly career and looked pretty awful in pre-season but he's done absolutely nothing wrong playing for us in the games that matter and has actually made some really nice plays.

It's too early judge what he is or isn't yet. For a while in Philly he was one of the top CBs in the league, tough to tell whether or not he can recover that form from what we've seen so far. It's a good test today though, that's for sure. Here's hoping he is 100%.

Want an honest opinion on who should cover T.O.?

Lito Sheppard, that's who.

Lito had some pretty excellent games against Owens while he was with Dallas and at this point I think that Lee Evans is still a more dangerous target than Owens. Put Revis on Evans and Sheppard on Owens. Either way we should shut them down but I think for one day Sheppard might do the better job, if he gets Owens.

Archived