Real Fan Check In

The Gun Of Bavaria

• 1 year later...
  • Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It has come to my attention this morning that a number of people may not be "Real Fans" and have been called out as "Fake Fans" by people purporting to be actual "Real Fans". While the definition of a "Real Fan" is purely subjective, it would be pure malfeasance on our part not to provide a forum for which people can finally answer the challenge and officially proclaim themselves as a "Real Fan", in front of the line of people who want everyone else to know that they're a "Real Fan" and you're not.

Is it wrong to say I just don't care. sh*t happens, and it has happened plenty to the Jets and I just don't care. No use in groveling in the lows as there's been too many of those. I just try to enjoy the highs. Flame away.

. I feel the same way at this point. I love them but I don't get pissy when it doesn't end with a superbowl

It has come to my attention this morning that a number of people may not be "Real Fans" and have been called out as "Fake Fans" by people purporting to be actual "Real Fans". While the definition of a "Real Fan" is purely subjective, it would be pure malfeasance on our part not to provide a forum for which people can finally answer the challenge and officially proclaim themselves as a "Real Fan", in front of the line of people who want everyone else to know that they're a "Real Fan" and you're not.

Dont worry, we have lancemehl to tell us all how to be real fans.

I see there is some confusion. So, let me help clarify. If you boo, hiss, throw things.........during the introductions, you might be a REAL fan (I dont know where that subject even came up) but you might be an a$$hole fan, a fan that is counter-productive to your team's success. That's what made Philly look foolish forever an that's what caused a backlash this year. So, yeah, I would say, as the authority, that cursing, yelling, booing, throwing things, ignoring your wife are all acceptable behaviors that even I, the authority, engage in.................just wait until they do something to warrant it.

They call it the "12th man". We dont expect the players to come out of the tunnels moping about last week (unless you are one of Tanny's 'bargains'), so I wouldn't expet the fans, during a home game, to come out bitching and crying about the previous week. Of course, there is a term for someone who condemns others for doing exactly what they do, it starts with an "H".

Another term would be 'immaturity' I guess, but now where would we find any traces of that among the Jet faithful??

I see there is some confusion. So, let me help clarify. If you boo, hiss, throw things.........during the introductions, you might be a REAL fan (I dont know where that subject even came up) but you might be an a$$hole fan, a fan that is counter-productive to your team's success. That's what made Philly look foolish forever an that's what caused a backlash this year. So, yeah, I would say, as the authority, that cursing, yelling, booing, throwing things, ignoring your wife are all acceptable behaviors that even I, the authority, engage in.................just wait until they do something to warrant it.

They call it the "12th man". We dont expect the players to come out of the tunnels moping about last week (unless you are one of Tanny's 'bargains'), so I wouldn't expet the fans, during a home game, to come out bitching and crying about the previous week. Of course, there is a term for someone who condemns others for doing exactly what they do, it starts with an "H".

Another term would be 'immaturity' I guess, but now where would we find any traces of that among the Jet faithful??

Tell us more.

Tell us more.

Hey what's up. A little late to this party, huh. Your boys are tearing it up without you. Funny sh*t. But no, I have a question. Maybe you can help. What is the protocol for fans when #6 has a monster season next year? Just blend in with the rest of the sombreros? Quickly deflect the hatred to another member of the franchise? (I dont see the word "Me-vis" much anymore) or stand firm against the tide and pout through all 19 games? I am so curious to see, but I suspect it will be a combination of the first two.

and who should get booed on opening day next year? The goat from the fins game or from the last preseason game?

btw side note-- good year 1980--- they were 4-12, Richard Todd threw 30 INTs to lead the league. Yeah the glory days.....not like the trash we have to put up with today. lol

Archived