Washington:Fractured fibula, Out for year

jaspegs

Not good at all, if true.

Going to wait to hear it from Rex first.

Greene cannot replace Leon. He can't. He was awesome, I was pumped when we selected him back in April, but, it is Oakland and he is not the same person as Leon. He's a better version of TJ. And it was Oakland.

Not good news.

No Jenks, no Leon.

Miami is going to be a very tough game.

wow, i definately thought is was his lower leg!!

Not sure if you mean you knew it was his lower leg or thought it was.. So if i'm saying something you already know, forgive me.

The fibula is the smaller of the two lower leg bones, usually gonna require about 9-12 weeks rehab. Not career threatening. From what i've seen, the biggest problem from returning from this, is after about a month, the achilles and ankle tendons tend to be stiff from not baring any weight. That having been said, he'll have half a year to rehab before summer, so he should be back 100%.

Yeah, that sounds career threatening, broke my leg in a similar way. Pretty ****ing awful.

Sucks for him, really does. He's going to have a very hard time getting that contract now. I feel for him, he doesn't deserve this, not that anyone does.

Still as far as the Jets go you have to accept that this happens and it's time to move on. We still have a strong running game and have Cotch to return. We can sill compete with a lot of teams.

The season is not over yet.

Ok-we figured that-we don't lose a beat at RB but we need somebody to return KO's now-who will it be?

Jimmy, I love ya and I LOVE Shonn Greene, loved when we picked him up in April, but dude, it is ONE game and it is OAKLAND.

Leon is a HUGE loss Offensively and Special Teams wise.

We have nobody to catch the ball out of the backfield as well as Leon, even if Shonn continues to run well.

We are going to miss Leon.

Jimmy, I love ya and I LOVE Shonn Greene, loved when we picked him up in April, but dude, it is ONE game and it is OAKLAND.

Leon is a HUGE loss Offensively and Special Teams wise.

We have nobody to catch the ball out of the backfield as well as Leon, even if Shonn continues to run well.

We are going to miss Leon.

it could actually work for us-Schotty was under utilizing Leon-he'll give Shonn the rock-look at the bright side...I love Leon as much as everybody here but when was the last time he got as many touches as Greene got today? Ever?

it could actually work for us-Schotty was under utilizing Leon-he'll give Shonn the rock-look at the bright side...I love Leon as much as everybody here but when was the last time he got as many touches as Greene got today? Ever?

Greene got them because the game was out of reach.

BTW, Leon had 19 touches last week, Greene had 19 today.

They're 2 totally different players. Greene is a better version of TJ. He is not Leon. We will miss Leon.

THIS WAS OAKLAND. Leon is a BIG loss.

Ok-we figured that-we don't lose a beat at RB but we need somebody to return KO's now-who will it be?

I'd say the maybe try Woodhead to return some KO's and maybe Smith back there when he gets back on field since he was back there alot with Washington. Also, maybe they throw Clowney in the mix since he's got speed.

In the postgame conference, rex said "he'll be out for some time." After the interview, Greg Buttle said that he'll probably be out for 6-8 weeks and could be possible that he returns.... I have hope.

Doubt it.

He's done.

The bone went through the skin causing them to have the surgery in Oakland.

Cya in 2010 Leon.

Much better than having to rebuild his knee - much better. If Greene is what he looked to be today, we'll be ok. Leon is phenomenal at jukes and burst starts - but we'll make due.

He was amazing, I'll give him that. But we played against a washed up Raiders team. He will not do the same against Miami, I will guarantee that. We just lost our best offensive player. (not to mention our best defensive player)

Archived