Sanchez Out For The Year?

Ghost

Apparently the 18 hours of rehab per day didn't do the trick, because the New York Jets are letting Mark Sanchez take Sunday off. While we can't confirm that Rex ryan is all of a sudden obeying the commands of the team's beat writers, Rich Cimini of the New York Daily News called this one early on Wednesday morning. As Cimini writes, "If the Jets can't beat the 1-11 Bucs with Kellen Clemens, they don't belong in the playoff race." I guess we'll see if that's the case after Sunday.

In the unlikely event that the Jets do lose, what then? That would mean their best possible record would be 9-7, likely on the outside looking in for the Wild Card spots. The smart move at that point would be to shut down their $44.5 million investment to ensure he doesn't do any more damage to his knees.

This is just all ESPN BS speculation.

Apparently the 18 hours of rehab per day didn't do the trick, because the New York Jets are letting Mark Sanchez take Sunday off. While we can't confirm that Rex ryan is all of a sudden obeying the commands of the team's beat writers, Rich Cimini of the New York Daily News called this one early on Wednesday morning. As Cimini writes, "If the Jets can't beat the 1-11 Bucs with Kellen Clemens, they don't belong in the playoff race." I guess we'll see if that's the case after Sunday.

In the unlikely event that the Jets do lose, what then? That would mean their best possible record would be 9-7, likely on the outside looking in for the Wild Card spots. The smart move at that point would be to shut down their $44.5 million investment to ensure he doesn't do any more damage to his knees.

This is just all ESPN BS speculation.

Yep, just speculation. I don't think you can just put him on IR and scope him if you lose this week though. Sends a terrible message. Sure, if we lose we're most likely out. However, it's still possible. Even if you do not play him.... don't send the signal of quitting.

I don't like the idea of him staying home Sunday. I think he can learn watching a game. I'm not usually an advocate of that, but it's not possible he can play, so he may as well watch. However, they probably want to leave him here to get 2 more FULL DAYS of treatment. Think about it. If he goes, they leave Saturday morning, and don't get home until late Sunday. Sure, he can get treatment during the travels, but not like he can get at home.

Yep, just speculation. I don't think you can just put him on IR and scope him if you lose this week though. Sends a terrible message. Sure, if we lose we're most likely out. However, it's still possible. Even if you do not play him.... don't send the signal of quitting.

I don't like the idea of him staying home Sunday. I think he can learn watching a game. I'm not usually an advocate of that, but it's not possible he can play, so he may as well watch. However, they probably want to leave him here to get 2 more FULL DAYS of treatment. Think about it. If he goes, they leave Saturday morning, and don't get home until late Sunday. Sure, he can get treatment during the travels, but not like he can get at home.

the vets aren't dumb,.. they know why we aren't making the playoffs. I'm sure a handful of them thinks rex has chosen sanchez over the 2009 jets already (which, he has)

That would mean their best possible record would be 9-7, likely on the outside looking in for the Wild Card spots. The smart move at that point would be to shut down their $44.5 million investment to ensure he doesn't do any more damage to his knees.

That would not be the smart move. Sanchez needs to play in Giants' Stadium in the cold. He needs to do it for himself, and the coaches need to see him do it. He's a young guy who'll have plenty of time to rest & rehab once the season's over.

ESPN Insider is possibly the biggest waste of money. It's nothing but **** like this...baseless rumors.

I agree thank god I got a free insider subsciption for life when I ran a fantasy league on there in 2003 it was part of the package that and a gay ass trophy it was also the last time my league was ran through them as I prefer CBS for my fantasy needs.

I agree thank god I got a free insider subsciption for life when I ran a fantasy league on there in 2003 it was part of the package that and a gay ass trophy it was also the last time my league was ran through them as I prefer CBS for my fantasy needs.

Did you get a choice between a hetero or gay ass trophy and you picked the gay one? Or were they out of hetero trophys? Do you take your gay ass trophy out to the bar to show your friends or is it in the closet collecting dust? Enquiring minds want to know!!!

the vets aren't dumb,.. they know why we aren't making the playoffs. I'm sure a handful of them thinks rex has chosen sanchez over the 2009 jets already (which, he has)

Yeah, because Kerry Rhodes can't make a play in crunch time and Larry Izzo can't tackle?

Seriously. The Jets veterans have no basis to complain about the playoff prospects when the Jets defense craps the bed against Miami & the Jags and STs does the same against Miami.

If Sanchez was the only one losing games, then I can see it, but the defense and STs has no excuse.

Did you get a choice between a hetero or gay ass trophy and you picked the gay one? Or were they out of hetero trophys? Do you take your gay ass trophy out to the bar to show your friends or is it in the closet collecting dust? Enquiring minds want to know!!!

For you wise ass enquiring minds the trophy went to the league champion, jeez this is the last time I try and help someone out asking for a link to something they cant obtain there are a bunch of *******s on here and yes I am including you Thor I dont give a **** that you are a Mod.

I prefer women, but you can keep jacking it to Phil Simms if you need to.

there are a bunch of *******s on here and yes I am including you Thor I dont give a **** that you are a Mod.

1. There are plenty of *******s on here.

2. I thought that was pretty funny.

3. I am an *******.

4. I'm barely a mod.

It's funny because Sanchez has definitely had some awful games where he definitely lost those games, but I kind of feel he has turned the corner and now he's the foundation of this offense, however limited it may be. Clemens should be able to do what Sanchez has been asked to do, and a few games missed really won't be that big of a deal either. But you'd still rather have Sanchez in there because that potential is so tantalizing.

However, they probably want to leave him here to get 2 more FULL DAYS of treatment. Think about it. If he goes, they leave Saturday morning, and don't get home until late Sunday. Sure, he can get treatment during the travels, but not like he can get at home.

I'm pretty certain that's their reasoning behind it. By the way, this is the only part of the article people needed to read:

While we can't confirm that Rex ryan is all of a sudden obeying the commands of the team's beat writers, Rich Cimini of the New York Daily News called this one early on Wednesday morning.

This is just Rich stirring up **** again.

That's also assuming that they think there's a better option on the team.

Yeah, because Kerry Rhodes can't make a play in crunch time and Larry Izzo can't tackle?

Seriously. The Jets veterans have no basis to complain about the playoff prospects when the Jets defense craps the bed against Miami & the Jags and STs does the same against Miami.

If Sanchez was the only one losing games, then I can see it, but the defense and STs has no excuse.

Agreed, Sanchez had 3 awful games ( Saints..Bills..Pats ) Other than that the Jets have won 6 games and the other 3 they lost were not on Sanchez as much as the defense not holding up at the end or the special team fiasco the 2nd Dolphin game.....

Sanchez put up a 26 point average against the Dolphins with 0 turnovers and 3 TDS passing plus a rushing TD....The Jets lost both games....

Against the Jags even though not very good most of the game he came through on a 16 play potential game winning drive only to have the defense falter and lose on the last play of the game......This game and the 1st Dolphin game Sanchez left the field with his team ahead and never saw the ball again...

Those 3 games have as much to do with our chances of post season as does the play of Sanchez in 3 awful games this year.....If the vets did their job and were 9-3 or even 8-4 now we would still be sitting pretty in the playoff hunt.....

Agreed, Sanchez had 3 awful games ( Saints..Bills..Pats ) Other than that the Jets have won 6 games and the other 3 they lost were not on Sanchez as much as the defense not holding up at the end or the special team fiasco the 2nd Dolphin game.....

Sanchez put up a 26 point average against the Dolphins with 0 turnovers and 3 TDS passing plus a rushing TD....The Jets lost both games....

Against the Jags even though not very good most of the game he came through on a 16 play potential game winning drive only to have the defense falter and lose on the last play of the game......This game and the 1st Dolphin game Sanchez left the field with his team ahead and never saw the ball again...

Those 3 games have as much to do with our chances of post season as does the play of Sanchez in 3 awful games this year.....If the vets did their job and were 9-3 or even 8-4 now we would still be sitting pretty in the playoff hunt.....

:sign0098:

Couldn't have said it better myself. And you poor soul you have been just as unfortunate as I with being a Jet Ranger and Met fan it sucks so bad doesn't it but don't worry it will be all the more sweeter when our teams finally do win it.

Man I sure hope your players have the same attitude as you.

Unless they are blind, yeah they do, and it's been inferred already. I think TOny Richardson has been around long enough that if he's seeing defenses looks that are so run biased it's new to him, I'd have to imagine it's clear as day where this team's weakness is..

A CATCH: Interesting comment Monday by FB Tony Richardson: "We're seeing looks in the running game that I've never seen in my career, where guys are like, 'You can't beat us with your pass, so we'll stop your run.'" He was referring to such alignments as nine-man fronts and linebackers lining up in defensive-line gaps.

where were you when i stated this 3 weeks ago and got crucified for

saying it

Sanchez has been fine, 3 real Klunkers, the rest he has done enuff to

have us at 9-3 8-4

• 6 months later...

Archived