Rex Ryan needs to slow down

johnny green balls

wouldn't it be typical jets luck to finally get a legit hc and have him keel over with a heart attack after his first season?

Jets Head Coach Said To Eat 7,000 Calories A Day

Just 1 Win From Super Bowl, Jets Head Coach Devouring Competition On The Field And Also At The Dinner TableNEW YORK (CBS)

Jets head coach Rex Ryan, center, reportedly eats up to 7,000 calories a day.

It could be an appetite for victory but is it healthy?

You could say Jets head coach Rex Ryan is devouring the competition at the dinner table.

Needing just a win to get to the team's first Super Bowl in 41 years, many believe Gang Green and Ryan have made it to the big time.

"To have this football team two games away from being world champions is really, really amazing," Ryan said.

It's not easy staying on top of this scale. At 6-foot-4 and weighing approximately 350 pounds, Ryan reportedly eats about 7,000 calories a day, reports CBS station WCBS-TV.

Nutritionist Keri Glassman said that's no small feat.

"So imagine eating a healthy balanced diet for five days and then pushing it all into one day. That's about 7,000 calories," Glassman said.

Gallagher's Steak House in Times Square served WCBS-TV staff an approximately 7,000-calorie portion of their Jets power lunch menu, including the "Dustin Keller BLT" at 600 calories, the "Mark Sanchez Cab Steak" at 1,100 calories and the "Rex Ryan Classic Burger" at 1,300 calories.

"That's on average about 5,000 extra calories a day, which equals an extra 10 pounds a week," Glassman said. "Meaning the average person could gain 10 pounds a week from consuming that many calories."

That 7,000-calorie appetite is also equal to eating 33 McDonald's hamburgers or drinking 26 Starbucks caramel frappucchinos. Or eating 34 Hershey milk chocolate bars.

"That's awful. Typical American I guess," one tourist said in disgust.

"Wow! That's a little too much. But he seems to be doing his job. It works," fan Andrew Williams said.

In 2007, Ryan, then with the Baltimore Ravens, said he didn't know "how your weight can make you a better coach."

It's not the healthiest diet but it works for Rex so who's complaining? Perhaps this is the true dinner, lunch and breakfast of champions.

Ryan said he's been trying to lose weight. He's been on a yo-yo diet but that has been unsuccessful.

(

lets hope rex learns some nutrition in offseason as well as he has learned HC stuff on the job this year.

He has really showed a growth curve by getting more involved in offenese playcalling,,it happened right as we started to get hot,,i was concerned before he did this,,now i know he will be a great HC for a long time to come

You are just mad because when everyone picked a side, you were calling Rex a bad HC.

Now you are trying to scramble to find things wrong with him.

you are a baffoon. no one wanted rex to fail. i just had my doubts and i expressed them. big freaking deal. if you think that makes me less of a jets fan than you, well then why are you bothering to post in my threads? if you want an echo chamber do us all a favor and lock yourself in a closet, rocket boy.

"That's awful. Typical American I guess," one tourist said in disgust.

Thats a lot of food, and sad to say, but anything happening to Rex would completely bring us back down the the SOJ. It would just figure.....Let pray he can improve his health a little and stay with the Jets for a long time.

The comment above by a tourist pissed me off though. If that was typical then the majority of us would be Rex's size. Maybe they dont understand the meaning of the word typical. Besides, word on the street is Europe is getting worse than us. They lagged behind for a while but are finally converting over to the old fast food diet as us American's are finally starting to eat healthier. I dont know about you guys but when I go to the beach here on LI I see WAY more in shape younger people than I have ever seen before. IMO

head coaches don't have a long shelf life in general

these guys don't last 10-15-20 years in the same job... it's extremely rare

worrying about rex ryan's long term health is like worrying about shonn greene losing a step in 2018.

Enjoy the now cause it won't get much better.

worrying about rex ryan's long term health is like worrying about shonn greene losing a step in 2018.

i hear ya, we just dont want to lose him in next year or so..get on a treadmill rex..eat a salad

That nutritionist for the article is a moron. 7000 = a balanced diet for 5 days? 1400 calories a day is literally the bare minimum needed for healthy survival. Go under 1400 calories a day and see what happens to you in a month. Rex Ryan should be eating about 2200 calories a day. When I was 220 at 6'4'' my BMR was something like 2250. 7000 is a lot but is more like 3 days of a healthy diet of a 6'4'' man.

That nutritionist for the article is a moron. 7000 = a balanced diet for 5 days? 1400 calories a day is literally the bare minimum needed for healthy survival. Go under 1400 calories a day and see what happens to you in a month. Rex Ryan should be eating about 2200 calories a day. When I was 220 at 6'4'' my BMR was something like 2250. 7000 is a lot but is more like 3 days of a healthy diet of a 6'4'' man.

cool,,good perspective,,thanks..

I've starved myself before for a year, dropped 60 lbs in 5 months..it wasn't healthy.

Never recovered my brain cells after that. Just zapped and gone.

The last thing we want is Rex starving himself. He uses those calories for a reason. Fires up his neurons.

I'm a programmer. Usually my breakthroughs come when I walk down to Boca Grande and then walk back and scarf down a Chicken Burrito. Then there's nothing I can't solve.

All those receptors have been dulled by the typical American HFCS diet, sadly the only way to get them going again is more HFCS products: Pizza, wings, Cookies etc. Rex probably works best when he's got three donuts in his right hand, 5 chicken wings on his left.

Leave the man be.

You beat me to it.

you are a baffoon. no one wanted rex to fail. i just had my doubts and i expressed them. big freaking deal. if you think that makes me less of a jets fan than you, well then why are you bothering to post in my threads? if you want an echo chamber do us all a favor and lock yourself in a closet, rocket boy.

You said that not me, and as you better than anyone should know this post was so knee jerk and full of anger it must be coming from a guilty party.

You said that not me, and as you better than anyone should know this post was so knee jerk and full of anger it must be coming from a guilty party.

at first i thought it was all a gimmick but you really are a complete lemming aren't you?

i posit that true fans are critical of their team when things aren't going right. it is the desire to succeed that drives criticism. i've admitted i was wrong on ryan (even though my main criticism was that he was dumb for declaring us eliminated after atlanta game and lo and behold i was right about that). have you admitted the same when you were scraping the grundel cheese from chad and herm's jocks?

i'd rather be wrong but have the jets win than vice versa - apparently you wouldn't.

and another thing, you're a moron if you think me posting this was "pointing out something wrong with rex." i'm telling him to slow down SO HE DOESN'T DIE.

at first i thought it was all a gimmick but you really are a complete lemming aren't you?

i posit that true fans are critical of their team when things aren't going right. it is the desire to succeed that drives criticism. i've admitted i was wrong on ryan (even though my main criticism was that he was dumb for declaring us eliminated after atlanta game and lo and behold i was right about that). have you admitted the same when you were scraping the grundel cheese from chad and herm's jocks?

i'd rather be wrong but have the jets win than vice versa - apparently you wouldn't.

and another thing, you're a moron if you think me posting this was "pointing out something wrong with rex." i'm telling him to slow down SO HE DOESN'T DIE.

You dislike Rex...

Also before you go calling someone out... think or search first as I have been critical far more than you could ever dream of.

Pull up the three stooges thread... or do a search on "Kerry Rhodes"...

Being a "real" JETS fan cannot be described by a lawyer with a complex living in Philly of all places.

You dislike Rex...

Also before you go calling someone out... think or search first as I have been critical far more than you could ever dream of.

Being a "real" JETS fan cannot be described by a lawyer with a complex living in Philly of all places.

Wow, what a sad man you are.

In this week of happiness you have nothing better to do than geek it up with past searches. You respond like that in a feel good post about the coach. Pathetic. Really pathetic.

Do you think Gholston will have a sack by then?

You dislike Rex...

It's sad that being "right" is more important than celebrating the Jets' success to you, you pathetic sad lonely boy. for all the complaining you're doing about me, I am doing the latter.

put that in your model rocket and launch it, astroboy.

Wow, what a sad man you are.

In this week of happiness you have nothing better to do than geek it up with past searches. You respond like that in a feel good post about the coach. Pathetic. Really pathetic.

Your son is the one trying to overcompensate and work his way back on to the bandwagon after bailing a Rex before he had a chance... Obama can say he respects GWB now.... but we would all know he is full of ****... just like I know JGB is full of **** and expecting Rex's style to bite him in the ass still.

How about JGB raining on everybodies parade when we were excited about Rex? Now he can just flip the switch and give him a compliment wrapped with an insult and expect no response?

Or can he just count on daddy to come bitching and moaning along with him to his rescue?

It's sad that being "right" is more important than celebrating the Jets' success to you, you pathetic sad lonely boy. for all the complaining you're doing about me, I am doing the latter.

put that in your model rocket and launch it, astroboy.

I am never right, rarely at best. I said Chad was the best ever, Mangini was the best ever. Then said they both suck just years later.

Difference is I gave them a chance first.

Your son is the one trying to overcompensate and work his way back on to the bandwagon after bailing a Rex before he had a chance... Obama can say he respects GWB now.... but we would all know he is full of ****... just like I know JGB is full of **** and expecting Rex's style to bite him in the ass still.

How about JGB raining on everybodies parade when we were excited about Rex? Now he can just flip the switch and give him a compliment wrapped with an insult and expect no response?

Or can he just count on daddy to come bitching and moaning along with him to his rescue?

I am never right, rarely at best. I said Chad was the best ever, Mangini was the best ever. Then said they both suck just years later.

Difference is I gave them a chance first.

u might be biggest tool on JN.

Now go piss on all those who 'rained on' sanchez parade, rex parade, schott parade etc.

are u really being serious,,wow

'he rained on my Rex parade'..what a asshat

wow, u r a clown. in a non argumentitive thread , during this joyous time, u act like a turd.

let the rest of us enjoy this week and go away and quit being such a dweeb..

u might be biggest tool on JN.

Now go piss on all those who 'rained on' sanchez parade, rex parade, schott parade etc.

are u really being serious,,wow

'he rained on my Rex parade'..what a asshat

wow, u r a clown. in a non argumentitive thread , during this joyous time, u act like a turd.

let the rest of us enjoy this week and go away and quit being such a dweeb..

What???

JGB is the one running around being negative calling people fake fans.

Get your facts straight.

you had to be a clown in a positive thread during this week, please go away, you are truly embarrassing yourself.

You are well aware that telling me to "go away" and calling me a "clown" is pointless.

Why don't you go have a talk with your son about calling dedicated JETS fans looking to talk about the team they love to stop calling them FAKE fans...

THAT is being a "clown".

Archived