ya got to Love Cimini--What a Jerk

flgreen

Of all this stuff the only one that is of concern to me is the kids. The other stuff is immature, and stupid.

I guess an article like this has to be written, but you could at least mention the fact that he has gone to a Pro bowl, and had 10 interceptions in 2007.

No he's not a Boy Scout. All the Boy Scouts are with Mangini

In some respects I think the character stuff is a little over-rated, but it seems that Cromartie's apparent refusal of accountability has carried over onto the field. Rex and Pettine are going to have their hands full trying to break this dude of some bad habits. I'm not worried about traffic violations or even the child support crap (stay away from hood rats, Cro), but I am a little nervous about bringing in another me-first guy with an inflated sense of entitlement--especially if Rhodes is still here.

Gee, I wonder why he's so upset...

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/player_main.aspx?sport=NfL&id=3671

March 2

Beat writer Rich Cimini is shooting down rumors that the Jets could trade for CB Antonio Cromartie.

Two sources tell Cimini that the Chargers do not want Cromartie to end up in the AFC. The Bolts appear to be shopping Cromartie hard at the Combine, but their demands have kept them from sealing the deal.

Cimini: Jets Not Considering Brandon Marshall

by John B on Mar 5, 2010 12:10 PM EST

Cimini has an odd blog post this morning asking aloud whether Antrel Rolle might pop by Florham Park when he visits with the Giants. In there, though, he does have a nugget of information.

One thing I feel fairly certain about: Do not expect the Jets to show a renewed interest in Broncos WR Brandon Marshall, an RFA.

That's fine by me. It would take a lot to land Marshall, and it's a heavy investment in a guy with major character issues. How much better would he be than Braylon Edwards?

That's the Florida school system's fault.

Srsly? The Parents get no blame? I dont know about you guys but my Mom was the one who taught me to read before I even went to school. Not some teacher.

I can't understand a grown man ( who went to COLLEGE) who can barely read. It makes no sense. A gross majority of capable students get rejected from Colleges yearly, but if you're an idiot and you can run fast and jump high you get a free ride.

Srsly? The Parents get no blame? I dont know about you guys but my Mom was the one who taught me to read before I even went to school. Not some teacher.

I can't understand a grown man ( who went to COLLEGE) who can barely read. It makes no sense. A gross majority of capable students get rejected from College yearly, but if you're an idiot and you can run fast and jump high you get a free ride.

does Twitter have a spell check option DLJ?

does Twitter have a spell check option DLJ?

Well the Browser I use (Google Chrome) comes with an automatic spell check. With the least amount of effort of right clicking the fucked up word you can spell like a pro. :)

Well the Browser I use (Google Chrome) comes with an automatic spell check. With the least amount of effort of right clicking the fucked up word you can spell like a pro. :)

yea I use mine all the time-I hate being stoopit

Cimini's job is to report facts, not waive pom poms. This article is fair and accurate. Either we got a guy who can be a great cover corner opposite Revis, or we got a head case. You can hope the front office and staff have a handle on this. And based on 2009 they have earned that kind of trust.

yea I use mine all the time-I hate being stoopit

We have to like him now SFJ he's a NEW YORK JET.

Doesn't mean we still can't make fun of Chris Johnson-- he's the master of morons.

In some respects I think the character stuff is a little over-rated, but it seems that Cromartie's apparent refusal of accountability has carried over onto the field. Rex and Pettine are going to have their hands full trying to break this dude of some bad habits. I'm not worried about traffic violations or even the child support crap (stay away from hood rats, Cro), but I am a little nervous about bringing in another me-first guy with an inflated sense of entitlement--especially if Rhodes is still here.
Everything breaks down to work ethic. I think that's why stuff like DIDN'T PAY CHILD SUPPORT plays into the question on this one. If this works out, no-one will be happier than me, and hats off to Tannenbaum if so.

My biggest qualm about Cromartie is that he doesn't hit. Like we need that opposite Rhodes if he's not too busy making his next movie.

I'm not as concerned about that as I am with this:

What about the fact that he reads at a 4th grade level...

I'm concerned the guy's just f^cking dumb as a rock. Maybe his big problem with zone coverage is the fact that he doesn't understand it. And maybe the Jets can gloss over that with all their man coverage. That would be good.

An inability to fill out a driver's license form, then going on to drive anyway -and break traffic laws!- is some sort of combination of stupidity, arrogance, immaturity, and laziness. And I get that it feels better without a rubber, but once you have six kids out of wedlock, wouldn't you keep some Trojans in your glove box?

Cimini's job is to report facts, not waive pom poms. This article is fair and accurate. Either we got a guy who can be a great cover corner opposite Revis, or we got a head case. You can hope the front office and staff have a handle on this. And based on 2009 they have earned that kind of trust.

He could quite easily be both.

So what hes got a harem and he fathered all those kids. The guy obviously keeps in shape sexually. I dont give a dam what he does off the field its what he does on the gridiron. A change of scenery does the body mind and soul good.

Sounds like a thug turd to me. Oh well, atl least he is OUT thug turd.

He's a TT with an aversion to tackling. I dont wanna hear CRAP about Kerry Rhodes' lack of tackling or hitting anymore. Cromartie is a CB version of Rhodes.

He's a TT with an aversion to tackling. I dont wanna hear CRAP about Kerry Rhodes' lack of tackling or hitting anymore. Cromartie is a CB version of Rhodes.

big difference though DLJ, what you need from a CB and what you MUST have from a safety are two very different animals-CB's have to be pass defenders 1st and foremost and then sure tacklers while safties have to be able to lay the wood and be emergency pass defenders...so it's switched. I can live with a CB who doesn't hit but can catch footballs and stay with receivers better than I can a safety who does neither real well

I'm not as concerned about that as I am with this:

I'm concerned the guy's just f^cking dumb as a rock. Maybe his big problem with zone coverage is the fact that he doesn't understand it. And maybe the Jets can gloss over that with all their man coverage. That would be good.

An inability to fill out a driver's license form, then going on to drive anyway -and break traffic laws!- is some sort of combination of stupidity, arrogance, immaturity, and laziness. And I get that it feels better without a rubber, but once you have six kids out of wedlock, wouldn't you keep some Trojans in your glove box?

Lol!

The dumb corner who hates the zone but excels at man to man is like the dumb LB who hates dropping back into coverage but excels at the blitz. The trick is to let the CB press and let the LB blitz. I think Rex will do that. He's got plenty of experience working with non-Mensa level athletes. He should be able to deal with our newest uber-fertile manchild.

big difference though DLJ, what you need from a CB and what you MUST have from a safety are two very different animals-CB's have to be pass defenders 1st and foremost and then sure tacklers while safties have to be able to lay the wood and be emergency pass defenders...so it's switched. I can live with a CB who doesn't hit but can catch footballs and stay with receivers better than I can a safety who does neither real well

I like Rhodes, Im not quick to run him out of town.

Everything breaks down to work ethic. I think that's why stuff like DIDN'T PAY CHILD SUPPORT plays into the question on this one. If this works out, no-one will be happier than me, and hats off to Tannenbaum if so.

My biggest qualm about Cromartie is that he doesn't hit. Like we need that opposite Rhodes if he's not too busy making his next movie.

Good post. As long as he's not bringing

his overactive proboscis on the field with him, we should be alright.

I like Rhodes, Im not quick to run him out of town.

and we have no say whatsoever in whether he stays or goes...like I said in another thread NOBODY here or on any other board is qualified to run an NFL team-NO ONE

Archived