ya got to Love Cimini--What a Jerk

flgreen

He's a TT with an aversion to tackling. I dont wanna hear CRAP about Kerry Rhodes' lack of tackling or hitting anymore. Cromartie is a CB version of Rhodes.

Did Cromartie deny your sexual advances the last time the Chargers were in town--:confused::shutit: Whats with all the hate?

Did Cromartie deny your sexual advances the last time the Chargers were in town--:confused::shutit: Whats with all the hate?

I dont hate him, I like the move, but you cant deny dude is a moron.

I just hope he doesnt Plaxico himself or some other stupid sh!t in the big apple.

and we have no say whatsoever in whether he stays or goes...like I said in another thread NOBODY here or on any other board is qualified to run an NFL team-NO ONE

Half the guys running NFL teams aren't qualified to run NFL teams, either. Lol. You are absolutely right, too. If you want to look like a fool, state anything on a football message board as though it's anything more than half-assed speculation.

I've got to think or hope that Ryan and crew have done at least a little DD on this move and the person. What I don't know is did Rex & company just say screw it - if it doesnt work it costs us a 3rd next year - thats next year.

Half the guys running NFL teams aren't qualified to run NFL teams, either. Lol. You are absolutely right, too. If you want to look like a fool, state anything on a football message board as though it's anything more than half-assed speculation.

yea it cracks me up. It's like that guy Sowell Train who somebody said wants to become an NFL General Manager. I can see it now:

"OK son now what are your qualifications again? Oh yea you and your buddy were cued up to make a disappointed face live on the NFL Network after the Jets selected Mark Sanchez...you're hired"

I've got to think or hope that Ryan and crew have done at least a little DD on this move and the person. What I don't know is did Rex & company just say screw it - if it doesnt work it costs us a 3rd next year - thats next year.

but at least we know the guy can catch a football John, how many defensive backs have had a season where they picked off 10 passes? Not a lot-there's talent there at least we know that much. Pro Bowl appearances don't mean siht-can the guy make a play or not? Not a lot of DB know how OR ARE EVEN ABLE to make a play like the one we saw him make on Manning-that one handed INT in front of Wayne...

but at least we know the guy can catch a football John, how many defensive backs have had a season where they picked off 10 passes? Not a lot-there's talent there at least we know that much. Pro Bowl appearances don't mean siht-can the guy make a play or not? Not a lot of DB know how OR ARE EVEN ABLE to make a play like the one we saw him make on Manning-that one handed INT in front of Wayne...

No doubt about it bro - and has some run back skills after the pick. He's still better than what we had if he underachieves from here on out.

Come on now, DLJ is that really necessary.....

Not sure if you know about the HUGE cheating scandal at FSU the better part of last decade, but Cro really could not read at a 4th grade level leaving FSU. Looking past the atrocity that is the "student-athlete" in some of these big schools, there is a bit of concern about digesting an entire playbook. Back in high school and college he was known mostly for free lancing and missing a lot of assignments, due to the fact that he legit just couldn't read.

yea it cracks me up. It's like that guy Sowell Train who somebody said wants to become an NFL General Manager. I can see it now:

"OK son now what are your qualifications again? Oh yea you and your buddy were cued up to make a disappointed face live on the NFL Network after the Jets selected Mark Sanchez...you're hired"

Chris Landry, who was a scout in the NFL but used to host a radio talk show on ESPN (I believe), once took a call from a guy who asked Landry what it took to become an NFL scout or a general manager because the caller said--I swear to God--that his mock drafts were so "awesome."

Landry answered that many scouts start off as unpaid interns on coaching staffs at the lower levels of college ball, some working in recruiting capacities and research and whatnot. Then they spend years beating the bushes scouting high school juniors in any backwater high school program that the full-time recruiters don't want any part of, and then they move up the chain by getting minimally-paid jobs at higher profile programs and eventually making contacts with actual NFL scouts who might be doing background checks on potential draftees. In short, you become a scout by spending years not getting paid to sit and watch 9,000 Appalachee Metro East Side High School football games.

As for becoming an NFL GM, Landry said you have a better chance of becoming an astronaut.

Chris Landry, who was a scout in the NFL but used to host a radio talk show on ESPN (I believe), once took a call from a guy who asked Landry what it took to become an NFL scout or a general manager because the caller said--I swear to God--that his mock drafts were so "awesome."

Landry answered that many scouts start off as unpaid interns on coaching staffs at the lower levels of college ball, some working in recruiting capacities and research and whatnot. Then they spend years beating the bushes scouting high school juniors in any backwater high school program that the full-time recruiters don't want any part of, and then they move up the chain by getting minimally-paid jobs at higher profile programs and eventually making contacts with actual NFL scouts who might be doing background checks on potential draftees. In short, you become a scout by spending years not getting paid to sit and watch 9,000 Appalachee Metro East Side High School football games.

As for becoming an NFL GM, Landry said you have a better chance of becoming an astronaut.

sounds like you have to have either very rich parents or a trust fund that'll pay your bills for you

sounds like you have to have either very rich parents or a trust fund that'll pay your bills for you

lol I hear stories about these young assistants making $14K, $20k a year to work 90 hour weeks and I just can't comprehend how they do it. THAT is some commitment.

Of all this stuff the only one that is of concern to me is the kids. The other stuff is immature, and stupid.

I guess an article like this has to be written, but you could at least mention the fact that he has gone to a Pro bowl, and had 10 interceptions in 2007.

No he's not a Boy Scout. All the Boy Scouts are with Mangini

I am sure the Jets are gonna have some lawyers and pr people sit down with him, figure out what he owes and settle quickly and quietly, and will be given a speech to give to all the bay mommas about how he will do the right thing going forward. They will clean up the mess for him. He is really making too much money to be fighting over these issues, but of course he is too stupid to realize it so someone will be brought in to explain it all, lol.

I am sure the Jets are gonna have some lawyers and pr people sit down with him, figure out what he owes and settle quickly and quietly, and will be given a speech to give to all the bay mommas about how he will do the right thing going forward. They will clean up the mess for him. He is really making too much money to be fighting over these issues, but of course he is too stupid to realize it so someone will be brought in to explain it all, lol.

I would think if he gets another big contract in this league that he could clear up the child support all in one shot (lump sum payments possibly). But he has to stop impregnating people. I used people instead of women for a dramatic effect.

lol I hear stories about these young assistants making $14K, $20k a year to work 90 hour weeks and I just can't comprehend how they do it. THAT is some commitment.

I never bought into that whole idea. It's kind of like this thing we have down here in West Palm Beach every spring called Sunfest (Attn. Joe Baby). They bring in national acts like say Ziggy Marley, Huey Lewis and The News, Mary Wilson (of The Supremes), Hootie and The Blowfish-these kinds of almost top name acts and pay them tens of thousands of dollars while they solicit applications from our local artists to play for either nothing or peanuts you know, "for the exposure". I've never done it and never will...screw that-pay US you bastards. Now again, if I was a rich kid I might have considered doing something like being an intern-I'm not and never was...

What about the fact that he reads at a 4th grade level...

Can someone explain this post to me?

I posted the story accompanying this post in the Cromartie mega thread.

Yeah. Um, nevermind. :-P

Yeah. Um, nevermind. :-P

Chargers' Cromartie singled out in ESPN report on Florida State

Posted by Michael David Smith on December 13, 2009 9:42 AM ET\

ESPN's Outside the Lines did a lengthy investigation into the role of academics in Florida State's football program, and the report that ran on ESPN Sunday morning singled out one former Seminole, Antonio Cromartie, as a player who particularly struggled academically when he was on campus.

The Outside the Lines report quoted a former teammate and classmate of Cromartie's as saying that Cromartie's reading level was so low that he could only read a word or two every minute.

Cromartie, currently a San Diego Chargers cornerback, declined to be interviewed for the piece, and ESPN reported that Cromartie's agent, Gary Wichard, also wouldn't give an interview but did acknowledge that Cromartie has language deficiencies.

Although the tone of the ESPN report seemed to suggest that the Florida State investigation had uncovered something scandalous, the same facts could have just as easily been turned into a profile praising Cromartie for overcoming his learning disabilities and becoming a success in his chosen profession.

Perhaps if Cromartie had granted ESPN an interview, that's what it would have been.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/12/13/chargers-cromartie-singled-out-in-espn-report-on-florida-state/

Any extension the Jets give this guy should be pending successful completion of a vasectomy. The guy is gonna end up with so many kids that he'll be playing for free or end up in jail for missed payments.

Archived