McNabb to Oakland looking more likely

PS17

I don't see anything in that article that suggests they will be moving Asomougha. It's a 2nd round pick for McNabb.

McNabb would have nothing to lose. If that team succeeds, he will be considered a golden god. If they don't he slinks away another superstar that couldn't turn around that struggling franchise.

This wasnt the only article that I read, but you're right.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I don't see anything in that article that suggests they will be moving Asomougha. It's a 2nd round pick for McNabb.

McNabb would have nothing to lose. If that team succeeds, he will be considered a golden god. If they don't he slinks away another superstar that couldn't turn around that struggling franchise.

Here's one of the original articles that suggested Nnamdi to Philly for McNabb, but all of those articles originate from a third-hand account of Schefter reporting via twitter on behalf of Len Pastbelli.

http://www.scoresreport.com/2010/03/26/asomugha-for-mcnabb-deal-a-possibility/

That followed a couple of weeks after there was a strange trade rumor about a possible 3-way trade with the Jets getting Nnamdi, the Eagles getting our 29th overall pick, and the Raiders getting McNabb and an unnamed LB from the Jets.

I laughed it off at first, but you have to wonder now.

Here's one of the original articles that suggested Nnamdi to Philly for McNabb, but all of those articles originate from a third-hand account of Schefter reporting via twitter on behalf of Len Pastbelli.

http://www.scoresreport.com/2010/03/26/asomugha-for-mcnabb-deal-a-possibility/

That followed a couple of weeks after there was a strange trade rumor about a possible 3-way trade with the Jets getting Nnamdi, the Eagles getting our 29th overall pick, and the Raiders getting McNabb and an unnamed LB from the Jets.

I laughed it off at first, but you have to wonder now.

Thanks for posting that abyzmul. I was too lazy to do so.

makes no sense to grab Nnamdi, now that we have AC, none and no way invest that much coin in CB's

I think that possibility probably died the moment we traded for Cromartie.

These statements are pretty accurate. I dont think however, that if the situation does come about and Nnamdi is willing to restructure his contract which would put Cro as the 3rd CB and Lowery as the 4th that the Jets would pass. I would have to assume that if Nnamdi was traded that #1 he would have to restructure and #2 it would have to be for a contender, which would be a good reason to restructure if you have a chance at a chip. It doesnt hurt that Nnamdi already made it known that he would want to play for Rex and across from the island they call Revis.

The probability like you guys said is probably dead though.

+1

I'm sick of this ***** attitude of "trade me to a winner". How about you make the team you are on a winner? There are some pieces there in Oakland. If they had some cohesion and a little more than a black hole at QB they have the opportunity to compete.

Not that it matters, but I doubt McNabb shares this attitude. He wants to START, period, and will go anywhere to achieve that end. That's why that short-lived rumor of McNabb to the Jets was so ridiculous.

He's just in a bad spot. There is no way Philly is going to trade him to an NFC contender so that rules out Minnesota or Arizona.

The Raiders operate like they are one player away from a championship and are rumored to be offering Nmadi and a pick. Would you turn that down if you were the Eagles?

Personally, I think the Eagles are making a huge mistake as I don't see Kolb as a long term solution. He is the one they should be trading. Get value for him while you can while not taking a step back as an organization which will be the end result of trading away McNabb.

And they have Vick.

Its the right move. McNabb is in the final year of his contract. Cut the cord now.

Somebody at work tried to tell me that this was already a done deal, and confirmed... I should have know better with the leaks from STL last week.

At this point, Reid is the only one left in McNabb's corner. P-town (it's not a city) never embraced him, and if I were him, I would embrace getting out of Dodge at this point. He's going to be making around $13M a year from any team that extends him, so I wouldn't complain too much.

This deal would be a lose/lose for the Raiders and McNabb...and a steal for Philly. It's ridiculous to give a 2nd rounder for a guy who won't be signing with the Raiders long term and who is already 33 years old. Even if Oakland had McNabb, they're at best a 6 win team.

Thats what I think.

McNabb is not going to roll in there and start winning like its Philly. Everything will be different.

How can you have the balls to say that? That should never come out of a Jets fan's mouth.

I have three balls, so thats where the courage comes from, I guess.

And if anyone wants to question my fandom then they can take a look at my season ticket AND PSL bills.

And if anyone wants to question my fandom then they can take a look at my season ticket AND PSL bills.

I would look at those things, but I can't take my eyes off your 3rd ball.

But haven't you said on here in the past that all the real fans have been priced out of the stadium?

But haven't you said on here in the past that all the real fans have been priced out of the stadium?

I've said all the real fans have been priced out of the LL, unless you're in the $5K section (or now the $6K section since they reduced the $10K).

All the real fans, except the very rich ones in suits, are in the Upper Tier, or no farther down the field than the 10/20 yard line in the Mezz or LL.

Between the 20's its 95% suits.

I've said all the real fans have been priced out of the LL, unless you're in the $5K section (or now the $6K section since they reduced the $10K).

All the real fans, except the very rich ones in suits, are in the Upper Tier, or no farther down the field than the 10/20 yard line in the Mezz or LL.

So rich people can't be "real" fans?

The Eagles haven't been able to get over the hump with McNabb. Multiple Championship game appearances that led to one Super Bowl loss. I think the team and the city are frustrated and ready for someone else. I suspect they also think that Kevin Kolb is Aaron Rodgers, and don't want to risk losing him.

It's a business. Get value for McNabb while you can, while simultaneously wiping a chunk of owed cash off the books. Then they have to figure out what to do with Kolb, who's also in the last year of his deal.

I'm no Michael Vick fan, either, but he serves as a decent insurance policy if they can't move him. He's also more affordable with Donovan gone.

So, Max wears a suit to the games. Figures.

And Vick is terrible.

Hes dangerous running the ball and an experienced back up for cheap money.

What has McNabb done to deserve this?

Lose games.

What are you going to do, keep him and deal with another new contact and all the drama that goes with it this season? At his age?

Trade him now and move on like Holgrem did in Cleveland.

Lose games.

What are you going to do, keep him and deal with another new contact and all the drama that goes with it this season? At his age?

Vick was dangerous running the ball five years ago. Last year he was so terrible he was barely used. Why do you think there's no interest in a trade for Vick? He's got nothing left.

Not for nothing, but McNabb's won more games than any Eagles QB in history. He's no worse than the third best QB of his generation. If the Eagles ever put a complete team around him he could have won multiple titles. They ain't getting rid of him for "losing games" as you moronically suggest.

Holmgren was moving on from two never-was QBs. McNabb is a 5-time ProBowler who still gives Philly their best chance to win of any QB on their roster. HUGE difference.

McNabb is not going to roll in there and start winning like its Philly. Everything will be different.

McNabb's a classy guy, with talent and pride. He'll be pissed to be in Oakland, but he'll be even more pissed about the Eagles trading him anywhere, and he will play to win. He would help turn around the culture there in a big way. There is some talent on that roster. They should be better than they are now.

I don't know why we're not hearing about the Vikes. If I'm Minny, I'd be offering the #30 for McNabb. They've already gotten the best of Favre, and they have to know they were lucky he made it as far as he did being that his arm fell off the year before on the Jets. The best of Favre is still multiple int's when it counts, too. They could get McNabb, have him there for the whole offseason, and be set at QB for the next few years. He'd be dangerous on that team.

McNabb's a classy guy, with talent and pride. He'll be pissed to be in Oakland, but he'll be even more pissed about the Eagles trading him anywhere, and he will play to win. He would help turn around the culture there in a big way. There is some talent on that roster. They should be better than they are now.

I don't know why we're not hearing about the Vikes. If I'm Minny, I'd be offering the #30 for McNabb. They've already gotten the best of Favre, and they have to know they were lucky he made it as far as he did being that his arm fell off the year before on the Jets. The best of Favre is still multiple int's when it counts, too. They could get McNabb, have him there for the whole offseason, and be set at QB for the next few years. He'd be dangerous on that team.

Philly's not going to trade him to a contender inside the NFC. I would expect McNabb to go to Oakland for a year, helping get them moving in the right direction and then bolting for Minny when Oakland drafts a QB (Jake Locker?) in 2011.

Lose games.

Vick is dangerous running the ball? Yeah, maybe like 5-6 years ago.

And me thinks McNabb has done everything but lose games. The guy is 82-45 career...thats impressive in comparison to your sweetheart Brady who is who is 87-24 yet you think the Eagles are getting rid of him because he looses games. Where do you come up with this stuff?

Anywho, I dont get it. They finally have built and offense around him and they want to drop him for an unknown. Doesnt make a lot of sense. I dont think that I've ever witnessed a QB more under-appreciated than Donovan McNabb.

Archived