Tiki Barber Leaves Wife of 11 Years for NBC Intern

jetscanes331

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow, what a class act that Tiki is. :rolleyes:

I ever tell you guys about my dip**** cousin, who stopped being a Giants fan the second Tiki retired because "he was the only class act on that team" only to start rooting for what in his words was a "classy" organization in the Patriots who then promptly got exposed as cheaters before going on to lose to the Giants in the Super Bowl? Yeah, my cousin isn't what you would call a good judge of character.

Before everyone hops up on their cloud of judgement, I think what's priority here is that we see what the intern looks like.

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/timing_tiki_plays_field_TMZxMDNXxvBbNgVBToZL8O

Tiki Barber dumps pregnant wife for hot blonde

Leaves pregnant wife for TV intern in Giant betrayal

By EMILY SMITH and CHRIS WILSON

Last Updated: 9:04 AM, April 7, 2010

Posted: 3:26 AM, April 7, 2010

Comments: 82 | More icon_print.gif Print

Ex-Giants superstar Tiki Barber has dumped his 8-months-pregnant wife, Ginny, for sexy former NBC intern Traci Lynn Johnson, sources told The Post last night.

The football star-turned-"Today" show-correspondent left his wife of 11 years, Ginny, for the 23-year-old blonde, who also worked at 30 Rock, the sources said.

Ginny, who is expecting twins, found out about the relationship late last year, after the run-around running back moved out of their Upper East Side home.

Johnson, a model-thin bombshell, was photographed sitting next to Tiki last month at a Washington, DC, screening of a documentary on Senegal that he hosted for the Travel Channel. Sources believe Johnson also accompanied Tiki to Senegal for the filming late last year, when Ginny was three months pregnant.

johnson072254--300x300.jpg facebook

Traci Johnson wears the jersey of her Giant stud

tiki_barber--300x300.jpg NY Post: Charles Wenzelberg

Tiki Barber -- here with the wife he's walking out on, Ginny.

The affair is particularly stunning in light of Barber's long-standing disdain for his philandering father.

"I don't give a [bleep] that the relationship didn't work," he said of his parents' split in a 2004 Post interview. "Not only did he abandon her, I felt like he abandoned us for a lot of our lives. I have a hard time forgiving that."

Barber's confidants were shocked.

"He was always the nice guy with a million-dollar smile," a Barber family friend told The Post.

"We were shocked to find out that he could walk out on his wife of 11 years while she's pregnant with twins. He was with this girl in Senegal while Ginny was three months pregnant.

"And we believe she was also with him in Vancouver while he was blogging about the Winter Olympics for Yahoo.com."

Barber, who is believed to have to have relocated to an Upper West Side bachelor paid, released a statement yesterday in response to a Page Six item announcing the split.

"After 11 years of marriage, Ginny and I have decided to separate," Barber said. "This decision was a painful one, but we are moving forward amicably and will continue to work together to raise our children with the love and dedication they have always known."

A Tiki Barber spokesman declined to comment.

Ginny is a former fashion publicist and full-time mom to the couple's two sons, A.J., 7, and Chason, 6. She, too, declined to comment.

But she's been known to tout her caretaking role for Tiki.

"I'm sort of a traditionalist where I don't mind taking care of him," she said in a 2006 interview.

Johnson can be seen posing with a smiling gal pal in a pic on her MySpace page. The two are wearing red short shorts and Giants jerseys emblazoned with Barber's No. 21.

Tiki and Ginny began dating 16 years ago when both were students at the University of Virginia.

Barber, who turns 35 today, was hired by NBC just after he retired in 2007 -- when sources say he first met Johnson, who was working there as an intern.

In his 10-year NFL career, Barber set nearly every career offensive record for the Giants, and made three Pro Bowls.

His end run on Ginny with the much younger Johnson runs counter to the all-American Barber persona that fans and TV viewers know.

During Giants games, Tiki used to blow a kiss to Ginny in the stands every time he scored.

In his 2007 memoir, "Tiki: My Life in the Game and Beyond," Barber described the example he wanted to set for his kids.

"I want to be an honorable man, because that's what I want them both to be," he wrote, noting, "My family is everything to me."

He is revered as a demagogue around here in Roanoke (his home town) my twins will go to the same High School as him And Rodnee they have all their local summer basketball and football camps. But this is a very religious town I wonder if people will turn on him in the local community?

He was always a hypocritical *******, this does not surprise me at all. I hope he gets fired from his job though and gets that media backlash this fraud has deserved for a long time. The Giants won an SB the year after releasing this guy. While he was on the team he'd always "leak" reports of problems and cause dissension. This guy might be even worse than Herm Edwards and Chad Pennington, but he certainly comes from the Herm school of PR, that's for sure.

And yeah the intern is hot. Why do these guys get married though? Same deal with Tiger. Why get married? Johnny Damon was worse but he was open about it and either he was single or his wife didn't care at all.

Being a Dad... I just can't see how one would do this when you're going to have kids again. I guess when you're rich you can always pay for a supplemental dad.

some guys are comfortable being a dad two weekends a month. Personally, that would tear me up.

some guys are comfortable being a dad two weekends a month. Personally, that would tear me up.

Agreed. And in that case you probably shouldn't be a father. Something changes when you have a kid, at least for me, and I couldn't live with the fact that my kid my resent me for my actions. It's kind of funny too because Tiki has made public statements about his parents divorce and how he wants to teach his kids honor.

Just another rich/famous guy nailing a hot chick. It happens. We mortals are satisfied with just raising our kids and see them grow.

Agreed. And in that case you probably shouldn't be a father. Something changes when you have a kid, at least for me, and I couldn't live with the fact that my kid my resent me for my actions. It's kind of funny too because Tiki has made public statements about his parents divorce and how he wants to teach his kids honor.

Just another rich/famous guy nailing a hot chick. It happens. We mortals are satisfied with just raising our kids and see them grow.

Tiki's past statements about his parents' divorce and wanting to set a better example for his kids was simply Tiki paying lip service to his carefully crafted public image as "classy, nice guy Tiki Barber" when in reality, he's always been the same lowlife scumbag who leaked info to the press in an attempt to embarrass Tom Coughlin and try to get him fired.

Tiki's a world class POS.

Tiki's past statements about his parents' divorce and wanting to set a better example for his kids was simply Tiki paying lip service to his carefully crafted public image as "classy, nice guy Tiki Barber" when in reality, he's always been the same lowlife scumbag who leaked info to the press in an attempt to embarrass Tom Coughlin and try to get him fired.

Exactly. First ballot thug turd and always has been.

Too many people look at these guys only how they act on the field and the way the look. Tiki had a huge smile, well spoken, no tatoos/piercings etc and he is a complete scumbag. Same with Marvin Harrison.

I hate passing moral judgments on situations like this because infidelity is universal and marriages break up all the time.

But you're spot on about Tiki's comments about his own father. Leaving his wife doesn't make him a POS per se, but leaving his wife after he made those comments about his own father back in 2004 shows that he is.

It was just a persona he was trying to display, an utterly false one at that.

I hate passing moral judgments on situations like this because infidelity is universal and marriages break up all the time.

But you're spot on about Tiki's comments about his own father. Leaving his wife doesn't make him a POS per se, but leaving his wife after he made those comments about his own father back in 2004 shows that he is.

It was just a persona he was trying to display, an utterly false one at that.

Agreed. Although my comments were about his kids, I think what irritated me more was the persona he put out there in order to make money off of.

Maybe his wife isnt hurt by this at all. Maybe she is absolutely thrilled to be getting rid of him?

Maybe he is a sh!t father, probably never home, for one thing. Kids might be better off with him gone also.

Just another black guy who doesnt like black women.

Maybe his wife isnt hurt by this at all. Maybe she is absolutely thrilled to be getting rid of him?

Maybe he is a sh!t father, probably never home, for one thing. Kids might be better off with him gone also.

Just another black guy who doesnt like black women.

Except his wife (soon to be ex?) isn't black either. She's asian.

You've obviously never had a spouse screw around on you and for your sake bro I swear with all my might that it never does happen to you.

I've been there. It was a god damned nightmare for me & my entire family. You're right in the sense that it has become so common that yes, acting surprised and morally shocked when you hear another one got busted is a waste of time....because it's completely not a surprise at all. Having been there though, and knowing what everyone is going through, I'll throw the moral judgment out there a little more liberally than others. Tiki is a douchebag.

You've obviously never had a spouse screw around on you and for your sake bro I swear with all my might that it never does happen to you.

I've been there. It was a god damned nightmare for me & my entire family. You're right in the sense that it has become so common that yes, acting surprised and morally shocked when you hear another one got busted is a waste of time....because it's completely not a surprise at all. Having been there though, and knowing what everyone is going through, I'll throw the moral judgment out there a little more liberally than others. Tiki is a douchebag.

You're so wise. You're like a miniature Buddha, covered in hair.

I feel your pain GOB and what happened to you was f'd up. What happened to me was also f'd up, but I wasn't married.

I was engaged to be married to my high school sweetheart. I was stationed in Korea (US Army) and a little over a month before I was to fly home to marry her she ended the engagement and broke up with me. I told her to wait for me to get home so we can talk it over and she agreed.

I got home and we talked it over. We ended up in bed together. Only after we had sex did she tell me that she had married someone else.

As to the moral judgment, I was only talking about it personally. I've never stepped out on my wife, but as a faithful husband I'm not going to pass judgment on the unfaithful and condemn them morally. I will call them stupid, however, for making dumb mistakes like Tiger and texting & leaving voicemails to mistresses.

Tiki is a douche for me because of his public duplicity. His private life I'll leave to him.

Archived