Tiki Barber Leaves Wife of 11 Years for NBC Intern

jetscanes331

Some folks just shouldn't get married - all I'm sayin'. Hard to fathom leaving an 8 year old son, a six year old son and soon to be twin infants, though. I mean, really Tiki? Sure hope your post-football career continues to be successful because you have a boat-load of child support payments to make.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Some folks just shouldn't get married - all I'm sayin'. Hard to fathom leaving an 8 year old son, a six year old son and soon to be twin infants, though. I mean, really Tiki? Sure hope your post-football career continues to be successful because you have a boat-load of child support payments to make.

+1

Tiki's checklist:

Beautiful Wife - Check

2 Beautiful Children - Check

2 children on the way - Check

Multi-millions - Check

Squeeky clean image - Check

Lucrative post NFL career - Check

Yeah... I can see why he felt the need to **** it all up going after a typical blonde skank. (This isn't a knock on blonde women... but rather blonde skanks)

Tiki is a piece of **** and there is no other way to describe him.

I feel your pain GOB and what happened to you was f'd up. What happened to me was also f'd up, but I wasn't married.

I was engaged to be married to my high school sweetheart. I was stationed in Korea (US Army) and a little over a month before I was to fly home to marry her she ended the engagement and broke up with me. I told her to wait for me to get home so we can talk it over and she agreed.

I got home and we talked it over. We ended up in bed together. Only after we had sex did she tell me that she had married someone else.

As to the moral judgment, I was only talking about it personally. I've never stepped out on my wife, but as a faithful husband I'm not going to pass judgment on the unfaithful and condemn them morally. I will call them stupid, however, for making dumb mistakes like Tiger and texting & leaving voicemails to mistresses.

Tiki is a douche for me because of his public duplicity. His private life I'll leave to him.

Uugh that's rough man. Specially coming from a fellow Army vet. I hear ya man and I definitely am not trying to pass judgment on you or anyone else. It sucks no matter how much you cut it.

some guys are comfortable being a dad two weekends a month. Personally, that would tear me up.

I have three kids...that would destroy me not being with them every day. Just destroy me.

You've obviously never had a spouse screw around on you and for your sake bro I swear with all my might that it never does happen to you.

I've been there. It was a god damned nightmare for me & my entire family. You're right in the sense that it has become so common that yes, acting surprised and morally shocked when you hear another one got busted is a waste of time....because it's completely not a surprise at all. Having been there though, and knowing what everyone is going through, I'll throw the moral judgment out there a little more liberally than others. Tiki is a douchebag.

You are acting like the night with you and me with that case of peanut butter never happened. I have photos.

Its hard for me to feel sorry for the wife. You can tell that Talki Barber is a jack ass from a hundred feet away. She married him knowing what he was. I will say that leaving your wife when she's 8 months pregnant does surprise me a little. But seriously, guy was an obvious d-bag from the start.

Tiki's checklist:

Beautiful Wife - Check

2 Beautiful Children - Check

2 children on the way - Check

Multi-millions - Check

Squeeky clean image - Check

Lucrative post NFL career - Check

Yeah... I can see why he felt the need to **** it all up going after a typical blonde skank. (This isn't a knock on blonde women... but rather blonde skanks)

Tiki is a piece of **** and there is no other way to describe him.

Agreed. He's a total POS. I started a thread about his POSness back at JI. He's a true scumbag.

Uugh that's rough man. Specially coming from a fellow Army vet. I hear ya man and I definitely am not trying to pass judgment on you or anyone else. It sucks no matter how much you cut it.

Thanks, man.

Don't get me wrong, I've always thought Tiki was a big time douche. I loved his ability on the field, but it was known that he was a locker room cancer.

I was just making a general statement concerning men who are unfaithful in that I don't want to make a blanket judgment. In other words, I don't believe that infidelity alone makes someone a bad person.

Heck, I still loved my fiance and was willing to forgive her (crazy me), but she didn't want to get back with me. Of course, she eventually realized her mistake but by that time it was too late and I had moved on.

But let's be clear here, Tiki made 2 big decisions, only the second one I think makes him even more of a douche:

(1) cheating on his wife

(2) abandoning his pregnant wife and young kids after criticizing his father for doing the same thing.

Being a Dad... I just can't see how one would do this when you're going to have kids again. I guess when you're rich you can always pay for a supplemental dad.

Thats because your a sweet little endearing fella who is appreciative of what you have.

He on the other hand is a hypocritical narcissistic prick who thinks he's bigger than the game.

Wow, what a class act that Tiki is. :rolleyes:

I ever tell you guys about my dip**** cousin, who stopped being a Giants fan the second Tiki retired because "he was the only class act on that team" only to start rooting for what in his words was a "classy" organization in the Patriots who then promptly got exposed as cheaters before going on to lose to the Giants in the Super Bowl? Yeah, my cousin isn't what you would call a good judge of character.

lol what a jerk

let he who is free of sin cast the first stone......

Judging others is the only way to determine whats right or wrong and how not to make the same mistakes. This is one of the most incorrectly used verses, and it how its used implies that people should be immune to criticism. Not true.

Somewhere around half of all marriages end in divorce. Unless someone has a special relationship with Tiki we don't know the facts and circumstances and are therefore not in a position to criticize. All we know is that he has a relationship with a young woman and that he will be getting a separation or divorce. The has thus far not been any accusation of deviant behavior.

Somewhere around half of all marriages end in divorce. Unless someone has a special relationship with Tiki we don't know the facts and circumstances and are therefore not in a position to criticize. All we know is that he has a relationship with a young woman and that he will be getting a separation or divorce. The has thus far not been any accusation of deviant behavior.

You're missing the point. Tiki has publicly held himself out as a morally superior human being. Specifically, he has shared very sharp public criticism of his father for cheating on and ultimately leaving his mother. If you are going present a public persona that puts you above things like specifically cheating on your 8-months pregnant wife, you've got to expect public backlash when you are proven to be a phony.

Thanks, man.

Don't get me wrong, I've always thought Tiki was a big time douche. I loved his ability on the field, but it was known that he was a locker room cancer.

I was just making a general statement concerning men who are unfaithful in that I don't want to make a blanket judgment. In other words, I don't believe that infidelity alone makes someone a bad person.

Heck, I still loved my fiance and was willing to forgive her (crazy me), but she didn't want to get back with me. Of course, she eventually realized her mistake but by that time it was too late and I had moved on.

But let's be clear here, Tiki made 2 big decisions, only the second one I think makes him even more of a douche:

(1) cheating on his wife

(2) abandoning his pregnant wife and young kids after criticizing his father for doing the same thing.

Couldn't agree with you more.

You've obviously never had a spouse screw around on you and for your sake bro I swear with all my might that it never does happen to you.

I've been there. It was a god damned nightmare for me & my entire family. You're right in the sense that it has become so common that yes, acting surprised and morally shocked when you hear another one got busted is a waste of time....because it's completely not a surprise at all. Having been there though, and knowing what everyone is going through, I'll throw the moral judgment out there a little more liberally than others. Tiki is a douchebag.

This.

• 3 weeks later...

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/manhattan/tactless_tiki_slapped_with_divorce_6sm0R7uK0hN7mJfZa9RAPM

Tiki Barber slapped with divorce suit

Out with mistress as wife was in hosp: pal

By EMILY SMITH and DAN MANGAN

Last Updated: 8:10 AM, April 27, 2010

Posted: 3:07 AM, April 27, 2010

Comments: 55 | More icon_print.gif Print

EXCLUSIVE

He was running around town with his young mistress -- while his pregnant wife spent a week in the hospital -- and yesterday, Tiki Barber got tackled.

The ex-Giants star was slapped with divorce papers over his shameless gallivanting with 23-year-old former NBC intern Traci Lynn Johnson.

"He couldn't be more heartless," said a friend of the gridiron great and his eight-months-pregnant wife, Ginny, whose Manhattan divorce suit cites tricky Tiki's "adultery."

"[Ginny] is very heavily pregnant and was last week ordered into the hospital on bed rest," the friend said.

tiki_barber--300x300.jpg Matthew McDermott

SACKED: Tiki Barber smiles yesterday as he leaves the Midtown pad where he has shacked up with his gal pal.

Picture%20003080322--300x300.jpg

DUMPED: A pregnant Ginny Barber, who had been in the hospital, arrives at her upper East Side home yesterday,

image001080507--300x300.jpg Traci Johnson

"Meanwhile, Tiki has been spotted all over town with his new girlfriend while she was in the hospital.

"He was at the NFL draft and out dining with Traci."

Tiki, who already has two sons with Ginny -- A.J., 7 and Chason, 6 -- is now shacked up with the sultry Johnson in a Midtown love nest.

When ducking out of that apartment and into his car yesterday, Tiki refused to answer a reporter's questions and only flashed a grin when asked whether he had recently spoken with his wife.

Ginny Barber is also outraged that Tiki has been low-balling her in out-of-court negotiations over financial support, a family friend said.

"Tiki refused to give her anything close to what she needs," the friend said. "The reason she filed is that settlement talks didn't work."

The divorce action was filed in Manhattan Supreme Court and accepted by Tiki's matrimonial lawyer on his behalf.

The Post revealed this month that Barber, 35, had dumped Ginny after 11 years of marriage for Traci, whom he met two years ago when she was still a student at Mount St. Mary College upstate.

Barber had been working as a correspondent for NBC Sports and the "Today" show until he was benched by 30 Rock brass after The Post reported on his dalliance.

Sources have said that his and Traci's torrid romance began even before Ginny, a former fashion publicist, became pregnant with twins last summer, and that Tiki has lavished Johnson with expensive gifts, clothes and dinners.

A Barber spokesman refused to answer whether Tiki had visited Ginny in the hospital last week.

The Barber family friend said: "It's been an emotional time for her, and she is, of course, worried about the health of her unborn twins. It's a lot to deal with."

"She is still being closely monitored by her doctors."

Meanwhile, a source told The Post that the "Today" show has booted Tiki as a high-priced correspondent amid fallout from the scandal.

Representatives for both NBC and Tiki refused to comment on that claim.

Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/manhattan/tactless_tiki_slapped_with_divorce_6sm0R7uK0hN7mJfZa9RAPM#ixzz0mIxqX3P3

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/manhattan/tactless_tiki_slapped_with_divorce_6sm0R7uK0hN7mJfZa9RAPM

Tiki Barber slapped with divorce suit

Out with mistress as wife was in hosp: pal

By EMILY SMITH and DAN MANGAN

Last Updated: 8:10 AM, April 27, 2010

Posted: 3:07 AM, April 27, 2010

Comments: 55 | More icon_print.gif Print

EXCLUSIVE

He was running around town with his young mistress -- while his pregnant wife spent a week in the hospital -- and yesterday, Tiki Barber got tackled.

The ex-Giants star was slapped with divorce papers over his shameless gallivanting with 23-year-old former NBC intern Traci Lynn Johnson.

"He couldn't be more heartless," said a friend of the gridiron great and his eight-months-pregnant wife, Ginny, whose Manhattan divorce suit cites tricky Tiki's "adultery."

"[Ginny] is very heavily pregnant and was last week ordered into the hospital on bed rest," the friend said.

tiki_barber--300x300.jpg Matthew McDermott

SACKED: Tiki Barber smiles yesterday as he leaves the Midtown pad where he has shacked up with his gal pal.

Picture%20003080322--300x300.jpg

DUMPED: A pregnant Ginny Barber, who had been in the hospital, arrives at her upper East Side home yesterday,

image001080507--300x300.jpg Traci Johnson

"Meanwhile, Tiki has been spotted all over town with his new girlfriend while she was in the hospital.

"He was at the NFL draft and out dining with Traci."

Tiki, who already has two sons with Ginny -- A.J., 7 and Chason, 6 -- is now shacked up with the sultry Johnson in a Midtown love nest.

When ducking out of that apartment and into his car yesterday, Tiki refused to answer a reporter's questions and only flashed a grin when asked whether he had recently spoken with his wife.

Ginny Barber is also outraged that Tiki has been low-balling her in out-of-court negotiations over financial support, a family friend said.

"Tiki refused to give her anything close to what she needs," the friend said. "The reason she filed is that settlement talks didn't work."

The divorce action was filed in Manhattan Supreme Court and accepted by Tiki's matrimonial lawyer on his behalf.

The Post revealed this month that Barber, 35, had dumped Ginny after 11 years of marriage for Traci, whom he met two years ago when she was still a student at Mount St. Mary College upstate.

Barber had been working as a correspondent for NBC Sports and the "Today" show until he was benched by 30 Rock brass after The Post reported on his dalliance.

Sources have said that his and Traci's torrid romance began even before Ginny, a former fashion publicist, became pregnant with twins last summer, and that Tiki has lavished Johnson with expensive gifts, clothes and dinners.

A Barber spokesman refused to answer whether Tiki had visited Ginny in the hospital last week.

The Barber family friend said: "It's been an emotional time for her, and she is, of course, worried about the health of her unborn twins. It's a lot to deal with."

"She is still being closely monitored by her doctors."

Meanwhile, a source told The Post that the "Today" show has booted Tiki as a high-priced correspondent amid fallout from the scandal.

Representatives for both NBC and Tiki refused to comment on that claim.

Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/manhattan/tactless_tiki_slapped_with_divorce_6sm0R7uK0hN7mJfZa9RAPM#ixzz0mIxqX3P3

Beyond terrible. Eventually Karma gonna come knocking and carrying a sledge hammer.

Archived