Jason Taylor A Jet!!!!

SoFlaJets

I said it before and will say it again

He wears Jets uniform I will root for him - If he brings us a Super Bowl victory all is forgiven

If Yankee fans can cheer Johnny Damon (I know different scenario) then we can root for Taylor.

+ 1,000,000

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I will go on record saying that I will support and root for Jason Taylor. However, he has now become the most scrutinized player on the team, at least to me. I will complain more about him than I did regarding Vernon Gholston if Taylor does not pan out.

And if he takes a while to get his first sack of the season (since that will be his primary job; getting to the QB), I will yell "FINALLY, you PRETTY BOY!!" at the screen.

Jason Taylor hesitated as long as he could, and the Dolphins never showed much interest. So he's finally decided to join the Jets.

The long-time Dolphin is set to join the New York Jets, as first reported by Miami Herald beat writer columnist Armando Salguero. ESPN's Adam Schefter writes it's a two-year deal worth $13.75, but the second year is irrelevant. It's really a one-year, $3.75 million contract.

Even that second number has to include a lot of phony money and/or incentives. We've written previously that the years governing the uncapped year limited the Jets to offering $1.5 million in base salary for Taylor. We'll be curious to see how the Jets got around that.

In Taylor, the Jets have someone that can still be effective as a situational pass-rusher. He won't be asked to do much else.

This move will likely keep Adalius Thomas from joining the Jets. Thomas is expected to be released by New England.

Weird.

Pretty much.

What a POS this guy is... seriously. How do you have any self respect coming to this team after the things you've said about the fan base that basically pays your bills.

I will root for Jason to gets sacks and make plays and then immediately curse him for being the biggest POS on the planet.

Pretty much.

What a POS this guy is... seriously. How do you have any self respect coming to this team after the things you've said about the fan base that basically pays your bills.

I will root for Jason to gets sacks and make plays and then immediately curse him for being the biggest POS on the planet.

YES! Thank you. Perfectly stated.

Pretty much.

While I agree with you... I look at it differently.

We win a ring with Jason Taylor, and we have effectively stolen the only player that has stood out as the soul of the post-Marino Dolphins, put a ring on his finger and made him our bitch.

He'll spend every day of his retirement taking back every ****ty remark he ever made about the Jets and their fans.

That type of pwnership is priceless.

While I agree with you... I look at it differently.

We win a ring with Jason Taylor, and we have effectively stolen the only player that has stood out as the soul of the post-Marino Dolphins, put a ring on his finger and made him our bitch.

He'll spend every day of his retirement taking back every ****ty remark he ever made about the Jets and their fans.

That type of pwnership is priceless.

The Jets aren't winning a Superbowl, and you know it.

I want my players hating and bad mouthing the opposition,,especially on a defensive oreiented team,,so we are pissing on this guy for doing what comes naturally,,now he will piss on the dolphins i assume,,especially after they dissed him and left him at the curb

I sure as hell hope he's out to prove something monday night in the opener.

Eh, maybe he'll play better in the Jets system. JT seemed to always be a step slow last year. There were numerous plays where he was one step away from the QB when he released the ball, whereas in years past those would've been sacks.

I'm not really that sad to see him go, although obviously it sucks he went to the Jets. Should make for a fun homecoming next season though.

Pretty much.

This is the most interested I've ever been in an introductory presser. That much I'll say.

WTF is happening to my team.

Don't worry guys he is just trade leverage in our inevitable trade-up for Nnamababibabidabu Suh.

that would be hilarious..

get Taylor and then shiit on him by trading him on draft day to some God Forskaken franchise like the Raiders or Browns

Beat me too the punch.

Will be interesting to see if he back talks or says it's all 'theater'.

Hell, I'd respect him the most if he continued to say he hated us.

That might be the only way he saves face with Miami fans. It won't happen though. He'll praise Miami and say he's happy to be in NY.

Over/Under on how many times the phrase "it's a business" gets used in that presser?

Archived