Jason Taylor A Jet!!!!

SoFlaJets

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Oh well.. our pass rush just got better.

I hope we get plenty of chances to cheer for him!

Trust me, you improved nothing. You got an over the hill linebacker that is reluctant to play the run, is blockable by tightends and solo blockers as well as runningback chips. You did not improve your team today. Joey Porter and Jason Taylor were the #1 and #2 reasons the Dolphins defense was so abysmal last year.

Trust me, you improved nothing. You got an over the hill linebacker that is reluctant to play the run, is blockable by tightends and solo blockers as well as runningback chips. You did not improve your team today. Joey Porter and Jason Taylor were the #1 and #2 reasons the Dolphins defense was so abysmal last year.

Yeah, but Bryan Thomas doesn't sell Jerseys. Or PSL's. You know what? I'm starting to miss Leon Hess. At least he offered toy trucks at Christmas. Johnson and Johnson? Lube.

Fugging Jason Taylor. You've got to be kidding me.

No, your defensive coordinator was the biggest reason. Taylor won't be asked to do much in Rex's system other than being told to go after the QB as a situational pass rusher, and he'll probably do a fine job.

No, your defensive coordinator was the biggest reason. Taylor won't be asked to do much in Rex's system other than being told to go after the QB as a situational pass rusher, and he'll probably do a fine job.

No. This is a terrible move.

Tomlinson was a terrible move.

Cromartie was a terrible move.

Rhodes was a terrible move.

Pool was a terrible move.

Holmes was a terrible move.

Our first round pick is a terrible move.

Everything the Jets have done this offseason was a terrible move. We'll be lucky to win 2 games next year, and should consider ourselves fortunate to even play in the same division as the Dolphins, who traded for Brandon Marshall, if you'd heard.

No. This is a terrible move.

Tomlinson was a terrible move.

Cromartie was a terrible move.

Rhodes was a terrible move.

Pool was a terrible move.

Holmes was a terrible move.

Our first round pick is a terrible move.

Everything the Jets have done this offseason was a terrible move. We'll be lucky to win 2 games next year, and should consider ourselves fortunate to even play in the same division as the Dolphins, who traded for Brandon Marshall, if you'd heard.

:rolleyes:

Ugh- I will have to root for him and suck it up

Ugh.

I think the best solution is that we never refer to him by his name, so we try to forget who he is.

Let's just call him by his number, "Hey, "84" had a good game, didnt he?"

So Jason "Xerxes" Taylor is now a Jet.

The man who has occupied the number one spot on my most hated man in sports list since the day Dan Marino retired now plays for my favorite team.

As a Yankees fan I've been put in a position to root for and ultimately embrace Wade Boggs, Roger Clemens and Johnny Damon. The only difference being that none of those three ever disparaged the Yankees' fanbase like Taylor has with the Jets.

End result: I will root for Jason Taylor because he is now a Jet, but I will never embrace him. And anyone you see wearing a Jason Taylor Jets jersey is obviously a bandwagon fan and should be treated with scorn and derision.

BTW, congratulations Tom Brady, you just made it to the top of the list.

So Jason Taylor is now a Jet.

End result: I will root for Jason Taylor because he is now a Jet, but I will never embrace him. And anyone you see wearing a Jason Taylor Jets jersey is obviously a bandwagon fan

Agreed 100%

The thing is, no matter what the fans feel the players are going to embrace him. They are going to consider him a brother.

Rex has brought a bond between the team and the fans like we have not seen in many years. Maybe since the Sack exchange. If the fans go out and Boo one of their brothers, they are going to take it as you are booing them. It will shatter the bond.

Several posters have posted the solution. Root for the uniform, not the player. There have been several Jets players over the years I thought were jerks and didn

Anyone see this?

Jason Taylor says he only had one offer

Posted by Gregg Rosenthal on April 20, 2010 9:21 PM ET

In a sad, small news conference Tuesday night, Jason Taylor said he had no choice but to leave the Dolphins for the New York Jets.

"This is the only offer. There is no other offer," Taylor told the Miami media.

Taylor admitted that he had a contract extension offered to him from Bill Parcells last November and passed on the deal.

"It wasn't the right time," Taylor said. "If I was important enough in November, why don't you want me now? I'm better now. My shoulder works now."

Taylor seemed to have bitterness towards the Big Tuna. "What is a Parcells guy? I always felt like I was a Tony guy."

There was some debate about how much the Dolphins wanted Taylor back. Dan LeBatard credited a source on 790 the Ticket that Taylor did have a contract offer this offseason. Taylor's agent disputed that.

"If we had a contract offer from the Dolphins, Jason Taylor would have signed it. . . . I promise you, he would be a Miami Dolphin," agent Gary Wichard said.

In theory, Wichard was on air for damage control purposes in the Miami. It was clearly a difficult decision for Taylor. But we wonder how these comments will play in in New York:

"He's not happy like he would be if he signed with the Dolphins," Wichard said. "But he's going to make the most of it because he wants to play football and be very, very happy. Because that's where he really wants to be."

I will be happy when this schmuck makes a positive play for the Jets, and tear him a new anus every play he doesn't. I hate him.

Ugh.

I think the best solution is that we never refer to him by his name, so we try to forget who he is.

Let's just call him by his number, "Hey, "84" had a good game, didnt he?"

Or we could give him the same treatment/name Parcells did when T.O. first went to Dallas and just refer to him as "the player"

The man who has occupied the number one spot on my most hated man in sports list since the day Dan Marino retired now plays for my favorite team.

As a Yankees fan I've been put in a position to root for and ultimately embrace Wade Boggs, Roger Clemens and Johnny Damon. The only difference being that none of those three ever disparaged the Yankees' fanbase like Taylor has with the Jets.

End result: I will root for Jason Taylor because he is now a Jet, but I will never embrace him. And anyone you see wearing a Jason Taylor Jets jersey is obviously a bandwagon fan and should be treated with scorn and derision.

I hear ya, but like you said at end of day I bleed Green and anyone with our colors is our guy. I wont buy gear either, but I never do anyway unless I am fairly sure the player will be a Jet HOFer..I have 1 Namath Jersey and am thinking of getting a Chrebet ;)

I hear ya, but like you said at end of day I bleed Green and anyone with our colors is our guy. I wont buy gear either, but I never do anyway unless I am fairly sure the player will be a Jet HOFer..I have 1 Namath Jersey and am thinking of getting a Chrebet ;)

I have five jerseys but their all pretty safe: Klecko, Chrebet, Martin, Cotchery, Scott.

Grat post. Persona;lly I wont root for him but I will embrace him because I always wanted to learn how to Samaba.

ya, good choices...scott only iffy one but agree he probably gets a ring here and at end of career considers himself a Jet.

Ask JiF or pretty much any of the JI crew that was part of the Oct. 2008 Exodus to the Promised Land that is JN, I have been a huge Bart Scott fan since before he became a Jet.

Buying that jersey was a no-brainer for me.

after seeing all the dolphins fans reponses to this trade i'm going to be rooting for this guy just a little bit more. most of those assclowns think he should have just waited around for that fat team jumping douchebag and some asshat named jeff ireland to decide if they would still need him after they draft a replacement for him. i have to say......it amazes me on a daily basis, just how stupid that fan base truly is. how do so many mental midgets become a fan of the same team? the ratio of football retards to fans who know the game is like 5:1 in that fan base. it's pathetic. the best would be if we win the superbowl this year.....obviously, lol.

Ask JiF or pretty much any of the JI crew that was part of the Oct. 2008 Exodus to the Promised Land that is JN, I have been a huge Bart Scott fan since before he became a Jet.

Buying that jersey was a no-brainer for me.

I have a Scott Jersey as well -- keeps up with my 57 moniker.

There is what? About 2,000 players in the NFL. This is the last f#cking guy I ever wanted to see in a Jets uniform!!!

But, I'll root for him on game day. And hate him the rest of the week. That's if he plays well. If he sucks ... GOD help him.

Dildo.

I don't know if I can even do that. But, for the good of the team, Taylor has to perform well. We need someone that can get the qb without the schemes. He might be the guy. I still think we need to get a pass rusher in the first two picks.

ya, good choices...scott only iffy one but agree he probably gets a ring here and at end of career considers himself a Jet.

What will be hilarious is that after JT's career, he'll return to Miami to do publicity, autograph signings, tv, radio, etc. What if he did it wearing a Jets Super Bowl Ring? That would be epic.

Archived