Jason Taylor A Jet!!!!

SoFlaJets

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Adam_Schefter Filed to ESPN: Jason Taylor has agreed to become a New York Jet.

What do you think Jimmy? I hate the POS, but I'll have to root for him because he's a Jet. Kind of like some guys I served with in the military...hated some of the guys I served with, but we had each others back during crunch time.

What do you think Jimmy? I hate the POS, but I'll have to root for him because he's a Jet. Kind of like some guys I served with in the military...hated some of the guys I served with, but we had each others back during crunch time.

If he stays healthy I can see him with a dozen sacks for us, so yea he's a Jet now and I'm rotting for him

Rex told him hes going to get 15 sacks in his defense this season.

And how did we give him that much money? I thought the rule made that unallowable

It is. I think some one made a mistake there. The most they can give him is 2 years 3.75

It is. I think some one made a mistake there. The most they can give him is 2 years 3.75

I think that is what it is but he gets a 10million dollar bonus next year. But the reporters were saying it's really a one year deal?

it confuses me

Bottom line, I still don't like the guy but I don't have to either. If he makes plays for the Jets, I'll be more than happy with it. Doesn't change the fact that I'll still probably boo his ass when he shows up for the opener, but I sure as hell won't mind it when he's out there getting sacks. That said, I hope the Jets have no intentions of making him a starter, and rather just a situational pass rusher. I would still rather have Thomas out there on running downs or non-rushing passing situations.

the numbers are confusing. anyone know what the actual contract is?

Sounds like it's a very incentive-heavy contract. 2 years, $13 million is probably the maximum value of the contract if all incentive are met, but based on the report that its really just a 1 year $3.75 million deal would have me guess a big chunk of that number is probably an option bonus after this year.

Do we legally have to ? :biggrin:

Well, I'm not crying. But I do feel like I might throw up at any minute.

And no, I don't feel I "have to root for him now" either. I root for the team. Not the player.

As long as he's on the field in a Jets jersey, I hope he does well. Doesn't mean I like the ****heel.

I want my players hating and bad mouthing the opposition,,especially on a defensive oreiented team,,so we are pissing on this guy for doing what comes naturally,,now he will piss on the dolphins i assume,,especially after they dissed him and left him at the curb

I said it before and will say it again

He wears Jets uniform I will root for him - If he brings us a Super Bowl victory all is forgiven

If Yankee fans can cheer Johnny Damon (I know different scenario) then we can root for Taylor.

Archived