Herm Edwards is on Twitter

Thor99

And he answers a ton of questions.

These are a couple that I'm considering.

Can you tell me the time, or is Dick Curl not around?

Any plans on destroying NFL Live, the way you destroyed the Jets and Chiefs?

Any others?

Herm's best stuff was when we backed into the playoffs and he had the NFL letter at the press conference.

"It says we can go, so we're going" "It's real, NFL headquarters N.Y."

"I know, I have 2 more just like this one at home"

Ask him if he still has the playoff letters. :D

With your backup QB playing, you're up on the Ravens by 2 scores in week 10 of 2004. What in the world is everyone thinking about these 2 plays:

1) Lamont Jordan Option Pass that got Baltimore back in the game?

2) After we get a 1st down with less than 1 minute to go, why do we let the clock run down to 18 seconds before running a play? Why don't we take a 2nd time out? I thought we played to win the game, not tie the game?

With your backup QB playing, you're up on the Ravens by 2 scores in week 10 of 2004. What in the world is everyone thinking about these 2 plays:

1) Lamont Jordan Option Pass that got Baltimore back in the game?

2) After we get a 1st down with less than 1 minute to go, why do we let the clock run down to 18 seconds before running a play? Why don't we take a 2nd time out? I thought we played to win the game, not tie the game?

Yeah that would be hard to fit into the twitter character limit. :-P

Thor I asked him for you:

JetNation

@HermEdwardsESPN Welcome to twitter Herm. A fan in our forums wants to know if Dick Curl helps you with your tweets? Thanks, i'm a big fan.

Only how the clock works vis a vis when you get timed out. Dick is a master of the intricacies of all chronological devices, commopnly called clocks and watches by we mere mortals. NFL offenses, not so much.

I met Herm in the Gym at the Venetian in Las Vegas a few years ago after his first season in KC. I walked up to him and introduced myself as a long time disgruntled Jets fan. He couldn't have been nicer. He may not be the sharpest guy but he comes off as genuinely happy and very engaging. The guy also takes good care of himself he was hitting the weights and looked very tough. He wasn't my favorite HC by a long shot but it's hard to meet him and not like him in spite of what he did to my team.

herm was pretty poor as a coach... that is clear... but the man ended up a scapegoat for failures that had nothing to do with him.

For example Doug Brien ate ass. I dont care if you take 3 knees and the game is being played on the bottom of the ocean. he has to hit 1 of those kicks.

chad was injured every year except 2002. You can't win jack without a QB. and even when he was "healthy" he couldn't throw pro quality routes like the 25 yard out and the 18 yard comeback. the Jets would beat bad teams and then get shut down by good teams.

again... not saying Herman was some kind of great coach... he clearly wasn't...

but people who thought the Jets were being held back by their coaches... as if Bill Parcells or Bellichek would have won a ring with Chadwick and crew... well that's kinda delusional.

they were what they were with Herman... an 8-8 type of average but not great team. That's as much the fault of the players as the coach.

Archived